Thread: emergency tap vector gone

emergency tap vector gone

wtf

I'm a fixer dammit, not a doctor

20 minute lockout for recasting lower meeps. They've destroyed my prof. Please someone tell me I'm missing something.

You're missing something.

well, ask your fellow fixer not to pissed others by grind tower and meep. That's the consequence of pranking others. haha

Fixers got nerfed into the ground. you can thank the carebear pvm whiners complaining about fixers meeping in pvp

The new Ofab Meeps obviously have a shorter cooldown 1/3 mins but require Completed mission Certificate of Travel ... but where to get that Mission?

Wait, that lockout quest is still around? I thought it got changed ot be non-mandatory?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Let's compare, shall we?

Pre-patch
    3s attack, casts a crippling nano which reduces you to 1hp/1np and snares you for 15 seconds.

Post-patch
    20s attack (capped), teleports you directly to the grid with no ill effects, has a 2m 30s lockout.

Now, you're welcome to go on catastrophizing if you like, but what I see is a requirement to snare pursuers or leave the area (funny, those are fixer specialities), a 5s longer wait time (and less if you have low nano init or can't pop yourself back to full hp/np instantly and have to wait on the health kit), and a frankly insignificant cooldown. I can't think of anywhere you can get to in 2m30s that you can't just easily run/fly back from, maybe if you really try hard using the SL gardens and falling back to RK, twice in a row due to the emergency grid, more times if you have beacons.

Not quite what I'd call "destroyed".

20 seconds of standing around picking your nose while a nano casts in pvp feels about as long as new engine development time so yes, the nano has been nerfed into the ground so hard it left a crater
    Last edited by Lazy; Apr 22nd, 2015 at 13:35:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    in pvp
    Why in the world would you use a slow-ass nano in the middle of PvP? Why would you ever expect that to work or to be changed to a state where it would work?

That's precisely what the emergency nano is for. Because the PvP whiners got their lockout on it, either wait for the lockout to cool down, or run away (again, a fixer speciality, you don't have to meep to get away).

Quote Originally Posted by Litestrider View Post
    Why in the world would you use a slow-ass nano in the middle of PvP? Why would you ever expect that to work or to be changed to a state where it would work?That's precisely what the emergency nano is for. Because the PvP whiners got their lockout on it, either wait for the lockout to cool down, or run away (again, a fixer speciality, you don't have to meep to get away).
    or how about fc doesn't ruin perfectly good nanos? the emergency evac shouldn't have had a lockout added in the first place. this change is bad and whoever implemented it should feel bad for ruining fixers.
    Last edited by Lazy; Apr 22nd, 2015 at 15:01:56.

lol

i assume they stripped other profs of defenses as well? my guess is that they at least removed coon or something?

this is bad. but it was going to happen with all the weird crying about it. also, when everyone and their mother finally has an endgame toon of one particular prof you know the nerf bat is coming. hard.
    Last edited by Xootch; Apr 22nd, 2015 at 15:36:56.

I'm not much of a pvp player and there are lots of us out there. I loved my fixer because of his utility, he can go anywhere in game fast. Meep was a fundamental part of that toolset and now it's gone. Screw you FC.

The part I don't understand is: As we see on the Recall Beacons AO is able to check for a flag and then prohibit the use if flag is enabled. Why didn't they put that check on the regular meep nanos and bring in additional meeps with a 15 minute lockout timer that wouldn't check for flag? Would that have been too easy?

Quote Originally Posted by shou View Post
    The part I don't understand is: As we see on the Recall Beacons AO is able to check for a flag and then prohibit the use if flag is enabled. Why didn't they put that check on the regular meep nanos and bring in additional meeps with a 15 minute lockout timer that wouldn't check for flag? Would that have been too easy?
    no. it would have missed the point.

Ah I see what you mean as the fixer himself does not necessarily have flag, but what I meant was, that whoever has flag won't get gridded. I was a bit inaccurate.

This better not be true.

Is this confirmed? If so, I'm not going to bother re-upping.

Why not just have it check the suppression of the character trying to cast it? The game already does that with people outside your pvp range trying to buff you if they're in suppression timer.

Throw in a flag check + suppression check, if it's in a 0%, 5% or 25% zone it wouldn't allow casting, since those are pvp zones and the flag because of obvious reasons.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarnii View Post
    This better not be true.

Is this confirmed? If so, I'm not going to bother re-upping.
    This post is from back in April. The cool downs are 1min or less now. You can look at the nano lines for yourself on aoitems.com