Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Patch Thoughts and Comments

Deflect should be most noticeable against AS/FA. They're the highest damage specials, and most affected. AS should have a 7% chance to disappear completely. No idea how the math works out on FA, but that should show up too.

I was at first thinking oh this patch ain't too bad but now i've dueled some other professions about the only ones I can beat are trader,nt,soldier and doc sometimes. Not sure on ma's and engi's but the rest are impossible keepers,mps,advys professionals I used to beat regularly now we can't even touch them. MPs especially, I landed my perk alpha on an mp he didn't even nm coon/SS and the heal pet just outhealed it...

FYI this in duel situations I'm sure we're still pretty good in general mass pvp.
    Last edited by blackhawks93; Apr 30th, 2015 at 13:11:49.
    -Equilibrium-
    Perkable - 220/30 Crat
    Enforcblack - 220/30 Enf
    Blacklist - 200/30 Adv
    Blackhawkzz - 200/30 Crat
    Nano93 - 168/23 NT
    Blackhawkss - 164/22 Sold
    Black - 150/20 Enf
    Blackhawks - 126/15 Agent
    Cannibalz - 92/9 Enf
    Blackhawks00 -57/6 MP
    Blackhawkd - 29/3 Tard

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawks93 View Post
    I was at first thinking oh this patch ain't too bad but now i've dueled some other professions about the only ones I can beat are trader,nt,soldier and doc sometimes. Not sure on ma's and engi's but the rest are impossible keepers,mps,advys professionals I used to beat regularly now we can't even touch them. MPs especially, I landed my perk alpha on an mp he didn't even nm coon/SS and the heal pet just outhealed it...

FYI this in duel situations I'm sure we're still pretty good in general mass pvp.
    No idea what setup u use, but i dueled 2 very good keepers and beat them like 7-0 (in dont have MR).

I wanna try u with my soldja. Dont think solds easy for enfs.
    Clan FTW
    Master Veteran General Crusher "Forz"
    Neophyte Administrator "Buroz"
    Neophyte Sergeant "Rocketz"
    Novice "Nuketz"
    Apprentice "Pepitaz"
    Mentalist "Odinz"
    Novice "Forzjr"

“Two things are infinite: The Universe and Omni Solitus SB. And I'm not sure about the Universe.” (Albert L33tstein)

Quote Originally Posted by Forz View Post
    No idea what setup u use, but i dueled 2 very good keepers and beat them like 7-0 (in dont have MR).

I wanna try u with my soldja. Dont think solds easy for enfs.
    Are you online now? Cause i'd like to see it. Duel shuyin.
    Last edited by blackhawks93; Apr 30th, 2015 at 15:50:21.
    -Equilibrium-
    Perkable - 220/30 Crat
    Enforcblack - 220/30 Enf
    Blacklist - 200/30 Adv
    Blackhawkzz - 200/30 Crat
    Nano93 - 168/23 NT
    Blackhawkss - 164/22 Sold
    Black - 150/20 Enf
    Blackhawks - 126/15 Agent
    Cannibalz - 92/9 Enf
    Blackhawks00 -57/6 MP
    Blackhawkd - 29/3 Tard

Yeah i wanna duel Shuyin
    Clan FTW
    Novice "Nuketz"
    Apprentice "Pepitaz"
    Mentalist "Odinz"
    Novice "Forzjr"

“Two things are infinite: The Universe and Omni Solitus SB. And I'm not sure about the Universe.” (Albert L33tstein)

Quote Originally Posted by Herkulease View Post

I have 46,000 points of health, and 1844 runspeed.
    I am a freight train. If I wanted, I could perk the new Mongo Rage and use it to CRUSH whoever I wanted super easy.
    How do you have 46k HP? That's a solid 11k more than me. Are you 1hb/1he?

Could someone who plays 2he post your armor and perk setup? It's been so long since I've played I feel like there must be a ton of new items I don't have, or combinations of items I ought to be wearing that I'm not, or perk strategies that people are using that I'm not aware of anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninj00 View Post
    How do you have 46k HP? That's a solid 11k more than me. Are you 1hb/1he?

Could someone who plays 2he post your armor and perk setup? It's been so long since I've played I feel like there must be a ton of new items I don't have, or combinations of items I ought to be wearing that I'm not, or perk strategies that people are using that I'm not aware of anymore.
    Are you using Mongo'd Kraken, used to be Mongo's Ultra Improved Behemoth but no longer has a Run Speed debuff on it, and adds less HP. I think my Enf is running around with 49k but he's PvM and in eJathos and not CC/CM.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Ya my PvM enf is at 48k without DB3 protector module. Also 2077 RS. The loss of RS on rage was noticeable, but not game-breaking. The removal of snare on large HP feels like it more than made up for it, I can now actually lead raids instead of falling behind if we run more than 20 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    The loss of RS on rage was noticeable, but not game-breaking.
    While the removal of the snare of DB essences is very welcome, the rage RS nerf really hurts Neutrals quite hard. It's quite annoying to swap to Profiteer's Helper every time I want to run somewhere at a decent clip (only sit at around 1550 RS with Xan Defense Board). And that's not an item that just everyone happens to have lying around on their enforcer. Again, not game-breaking, just a slight annoyance I've found.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

It's interesting to read thoughts from Herk, but I can't help but figure that the essence of the class has changed since it was, for, uh, 14 years more or less a rampaging wrecking ball which wasn't 'that' durable but couldn't really be stopped unless you killed it.

AO was always lacking tools to stop being kited, seems to me (upon reading) that it just got way worse and Enforcers just became slow and predictable, which means anyone ready (i.e duels, 1v1 encounters) will have no problem dispatching one. Given the comments earlier up about duels.

And given Enforcers are slow, and can't actually escape, how much of it has devolved into a "failed alpha vs prepared opponent" then slowly get kited to death scenario.... ?
    That sounds worse than anything in any game ever made.

Is this how it plays out, or not really?
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Well there's "charge" which helps rightly against the kiting thing once every 45s or so. And it stuns, so there's that, and it works pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Well there's "charge" which helps rightly against the kiting thing once every 45s or so. And it stuns, so there's that, and it works pretty well.
    In which world charge "works pretty well"? PVM i guess, because in PVP u need like 5 tries to land in any decent pvper...
    Clan FTW
    Novice "Nuketz"
    Apprentice "Pepitaz"
    Mentalist "Odinz"
    Novice "Forzjr"

In which world charge "works pretty well"? PVM i guess, because in PVP u need like 5 tries to land in any decent pvper...
    If you're OSB'd with GSF and lycanthropic dexterity, that should put you at about 2900-3100 runspeed.

That's a pretty reasonable check vs 2500ish NR for most profs?

You don't need it going toe-to-toe, and battlestation I am not really familiar - suppose sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't?

Should be in team for that advy aura. Ive tried with GSF (2800ish RS) and still same ****... Always speaking of PVP twinks of course.
    Clan FTW
    Novice "Nuketz"
    Apprentice "Pepitaz"
    Mentalist "Odinz"
    Novice "Forzjr"

I still don't understand why they felt the need to remove the RS buff to rage in the first place. oh, I don't want to be a partypooper about the new effect for rage but... To me it looks like you are powered by fartgas when its active. :|
    = Clan Storm Meatshield =

Oddgrim - lvl220 AI:30|LE:70-Enforcer |- Teh Bat-trox! : Equipment
    Kilmeister -lvl220 AI:23|LE:70-Soldier |- Cannonfodder! : Equipment
    Art gallery
    Ao wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Oddgrim View Post
    I still don't understand why they felt the need to remove the RS buff to rage in the first place. oh, I don't want to be a partypooper about the new effect for rage but... To me it looks like you are powered by fartgas when its active. :|
    Michi added back +400 rs on top rage and 20k on best hp buff.
    Go to test and check it out.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Well i agree with the 1hb/1he perk setup was stupid, no one enf with that beat me in a duel.

Cough Cough!!

Has some RS been added back to the lower Rages? That's what I was most disappointed about.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

New Mongo's HP Buffs:
    • Kraken: Live=15000, Test=20000
    • Behemoth: Live=10000, Test=15000
    • Leviathan: Live=8500, Test=12000
    • Colossus: Live=7500, Test=10500
    • Gargantua: Live=5500, Test=8000
    • Titan: Live=4000, Test=6000
    • Cyclops: Live=2000, Test=3500
    • Golem: Live=1000, Test=1500
    • Troll: Live=200, Test=500

New Rage Runspeed Buffs:
    • Hellish: 400
    • Infernal: 200
    • Incandescent: 160
    • Burning: 140
    • Fell: 65
    • Berserk: 50

In addition, many buffs gained 4h duration, including most (or all, I'm not going to check) of the weapon skill buffs, physical dominance, focused anger, prodigious strength.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast