Thread: Returning Vet / Newbie Questions

Question Returning Vet / Newbie Questions

Greets

I'm a returning veteran from my first subscription back in 2007 (and froob accounts stretching back probably another 2~ years before that). It's been long enough that my old organization is largely dead and I've forgotten a great deal about things like leveling progression.

I've already had to grapple with my altoholism that I suffered from back in the day. I have eight toons, the highest of which is a 22 MP (love the new pet nano progression, by the way). I'm not sure how long I'll stick around, but for the time being I'm assuming that it's for the long haul. With that said, I'm wondering what class I should focus on first since this is a fresh start. I'm mostly a solo player, and I'd prefer to run something that's strong in a solo setting. Enforcer comes to mind, as well as crat (though supposedly they're hurting right now?) and adventurer (never played this one past level 20ish). Any suggestions on this front?

I'm also curious as to what modern money-making techniques are for lowbies. I'm tempted to temporarily activate one of my two old accounts to see if I have any liquid cash lying about, but I probably don't. The money-making sticky in this forum is around 8 years old. I assume that mission grinding is still totally viable at the lowest of levels, but are there any alternatives now that we're 8 years on?

Thanks

-DW
    Formerly Dragonwell, 217/13/14 General of Famous Last Words

Well mp handles dynas pretty nicely. I solo spetses and scary spider with 3+ adds. (Havent tried anything else)
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Heya Con,
    a subscriber and your highest Level is 22? What a travesty.
    Probably a lot of things i/we can help you with. Feel free to throw me a tell ingame. That's easier.
    Always happy to help if i can.

/tell Jinteal
    /tell Jinted