Thread: Another returning player

Smile Another returning player

Yep, got the email like others and figured I'd comeback after a long hiatus. Fact is I've been wanting to come back for a while to check out all the changes. AO is just one of those games so unique that you can't help but want to play it again. I've always had and always will have a special fondness for this game and it's community.
    Anyway, enough of the nostalgia moment.

Since it's been so long (And no one I know plays anymore so I'll be soloing a lot) I figure I'm going to start completely fresh. So I'm wandering what's the best (and easiest) profession start with?
    And please . . . be gentle with your response because I have to hire a tutor to learn leet speak again (lol) and can't remember any of the acronyms for items, places, etc.

Thanks

Welcome back!
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Welcome back Titus2002!
    Guardian Sancus
    Community Relations Department
    Public Forums Moderator
    Forum Social Guidelines | ARK Website | Anarchy Online Website | Funcom Customer Support | E-Mail Sancus

I say a new/retuned Player needs a Toon capable of sort of healing and some Damage , since Metas have been improved Petwise ( some Pets scale now with your Nanoskills others got theier min-Level reduced and Healpet got a bit better ) and 2handed Blunt Creations Weapons ( Obtaainable in Missions ) got boosed a lot , my Advise would be MP.
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Quote Originally Posted by Dollcet View Post
    I say a new/retuned Player needs a Toon capable of sort of healing and some Damage , since Metas have been improved Petwise ( some Pets scale now with your Nanoskills others got theier min-Level reduced and Healpet got a bit better ) and 2handed Blunt Creations Weapons ( Obtaainable in Missions ) got boosed a lot , my Advise would be MP.
    Thanks. I Thought about a Meta-physicist but wasn't sure if I should raise trader or engineer for the crafting. Or is crafting not as big as it used to be?

I'm an old vet as well. This was my first mmorpg...on dial-up. Since, there has been no other game as fulfilling as AO besides....cough (Vanguard). I re-subbed for the whole year. I need something to get into for the next year and it seems the AO spirit still is thriving. Man do I feel old now. I logged onto my old toon Highttower-lvl 191 Agent and I forgot how to even stand up. Then amazingly my left pointer finger motioned subconsciously to the "x". POW! It was all coming back! I never make it to lvl 200+. I truly was more enjoying the game and not the grind. I have a few alts. But I'm going to start over, take it slow and enjoy Rubika. The game mechanics....seem pretty complicated still. I forgot stuff related to Mods, MAPS, bots, all the good stuff....I'm actually excited to relearn it all. Well, I'll post the name of my new toon shortly. I think I'll be going neutral for now.

See you all soon

Quote Originally Posted by Highttower View Post
    I'm an old vet as well. This was my first mmorpg...on dial-up. Since, there has been no other game as fulfilling as AO besides....cough (Vanguard). I re-subbed for the whole year. I need something to get into for the next year and it seems the AO spirit still is thriving. Man do I feel old now. I logged onto my old toon Highttower-lvl 191 Agent and I forgot how to even stand up. Then amazingly my left pointer finger motioned subconsciously to the "x". POW! It was all coming back! I never make it to lvl 200+. I truly was more enjoying the game and not the grind. I have a few alts. But I'm going to start over, take it slow and enjoy Rubika. The game mechanics....seem pretty complicated still. I forgot stuff related to Mods, MAPS, bots, all the good stuff....I'm actually excited to relearn it all. Well, I'll post the name of my new toon shortly. I think I'll be going neutral for now.

See you all soon
    LOL! I hear you man. It took me 5 minutes just to figure out how to log out of the darn game. I forgot there was an EXIT button on the action bar. Slowly (really slowly) it's coming back to me.
    But your right, half the fun is relearning the game.
    Actually I've always played Omni. I think this time around I'm going to go with clan.

Welcome back, both of you. It's wonderful to see old players returning to breathe fresh life into the game again.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Highttower View Post
    The game mechanics....seem pretty complicated still. I forgot stuff related to Mods, MAPS, bots, all the good stuff....I'm actually excited to relearn it again.
    Yea, I was sitting in ICC today in my 208 doc and someone ran up to me and asked for an IC and SFA. I still haven't redone my hot bars, I had no idea where to look for them. Lucky the guy knew where to look. At least I remember they were under nano... but all the icons have changed. Felt really stupid, 208 doc can't cast SFA on demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Igri00 View Post
    Yea, I was sitting in ICC today in my 208 doc and someone ran up to me and asked for an IC and SFA. I still haven't redone my hot bars, I had no idea where to look for them. Lucky the guy knew where to look. At least I remember they were under nano... but all the icons have changed. Felt really stupid, 208 doc can't cast SFA on demand.
    Same thing happened to me! First tell I got after reactivate was "Can I have CI please?" I had to doublecheck what CI was and had to look through to find it.

Turning things to list mode has helped a lot in locating things.
    Joseph "Votary" Zodiac - RK1 Clan Atrox MP
    I can summon pies (now mochams infused!)

"Holy Mocham!" - Votary

Welcome back guys! It's really nice to see old & new players hitting Rubi-Ka again! It's easy to forget how huge this game is sometimes

Here's a couple of links to useful sites to help you get re-aquainted with the Nanobots

http://www.ao-universe.com/

https://aoitems.com/history/info/18.7.2/
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup