Thread: Time to give Jobe a make over?

Time to give Jobe a make over?

The new ICC is fantastic, it not looks great visually, but is functions far better as a hub for players. Could one of the next projects be getting Jobe reworked to be equally usable? Instead of having to run all around to find markets, shops, or portals have one platform with those things organized in a more accessible way. Perhaps it could all be much smaller too.

Thoughts?

Also consider adding Jobe whomp back to bore and then extra whomp into ICC... With how shops are in bore too now and the performance of ICC the removal of jobe whomp does hurt bore...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Also consider adding Jobe whomp back to bore and then extra whomp into ICC... With how shops are in bore too now and the performance of ICC the removal of jobe whomp does hurt bore...
    Having played around a bit on Testlive before the patch hit, I think the performance issues ICC is feeling are largely related to the sheer number of people meandering around the zone, rather than all the new stuff added to it. It's nice to have a (very) centralized city, but at least right now while we have a surge of new players, it feels just a little too centralized, I feel the urge to actively avoid it because the crowds lag me terribly when little else does (not to mention I've crashed more than once trying to load it).

Quote Originally Posted by Litestrider View Post
    Having played around a bit on Testlive before the patch hit, I think the performance issues ICC is feeling are largely related to the sheer number of people meandering around the zone, rather than all the new stuff added to it. It's nice to have a (very) centralized city, but at least right now while we have a surge of new players, it feels just a little too centralized, I feel the urge to actively avoid it because the crowds lag me terribly when little else does (not to mention I've crashed more than once trying to load it).
    I don't think crowd is really at fault. It's just that zone really isn't that well optimised. The issues could be seen before on very beefy machines too..
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer