Thread: Two suggestions, inspired by The Secret World

Two suggestions, inspired by The Secret World

1) Queue next nano program
    In The Secret World, you have the ability to queue your next ability (singular, a configuration parameter (on/off)). I personally, find this mechanic very useful, and would love to see something similar in Anarchy Online. The way I see it, a possibility to queue your next nano program, would minimize the need to spam a button, just to make sure the nano program triggers, and not being stuck in "Already executing [...]" mode, despite being told otherwise by the client (lag etcetera). We can already queue a great deal of our perks, so a solution - code wise - should hopefully be possible.

2) El Dorado-fy Battlestations
    El Dorado is a PvP mini game in The Secret World (basically Capture the Flag). Four relics are spread across the playfield, and points are rewarded based upon possession. A match is limited to 20 minutes, or X minutes + 120 seconds, if a team possesses all four relics. The winner is the team with the most points when time is up. This is probably a very sensitive subject, but what I would like to see in Anarchy Online is the introduction of a timer in Battlestations. With The Secret World in mind, a Battlestation round could also be 20 minutes long, and if you four-cap, the round ends in X minutes + 120 seconds, or X minutes + 60 seconds (or whichever length that seems reasonable). Don't let the round end as soon as a side reaches 500 points, but let the timer decide when the round ends. Any side can win at any time by possessing all four relics (i.e. four-cap), and a round doesn't keep on going forever (e.g. just to farm the other side, an extremely slow paced round etcetera). Both the winner and the runner up get fixed amounts of Victory Points.

Pure madness? Sensible ideas? I don't know. They are, however, two things I've been pondering upon quite a lot while playing lately.
    Izgimmy
    [220/30/80 Nano Technician]
    Dellingr
    [220/30/72 Engineer]
    Avalinn
    [220/30/80 Doctor]

Plus many more...
    Tiralinn
    [220/30/78 Bureaucrat]

The queue sounds fantastic. Right now the proper course of action is to just spam whatever you're intending to cast next, which is not only annoying, but depending on just how they have it set up it might even throw a ton of unneeded messages at the server. A queue system would be fantastic both for circumventing lag and saving our mice and fingers. I don't know if it's possible, but I'd love to hear that Michi had looked into it.

I've never really played El Dorado, but the general idea sounds pretty good, essentially lengthening the shortest matches and shortening the longest matches. I know the people who get really into BS don't like the instant 4-caps, and the people who are there to do their dailies all facepalm when the match is incredibly one-sided, yet the match is drug out as long as possible, flipping the points so that both teams have to get nearly to 500 before it's over. Does anyone even enjoy grinding lowbies for that long?

1 is awsome, 2 might actually help to fix the problem when you get into bs and you're either alone/only your side is present and can cap all points but nothing happens. If it's not fixed already, haven't been there in forever.
    Regardness, good post so bump.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm