Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arete Landing - The NEW Starter Isle

Great deal of effort there, well done, I subbed the Youtube too. Good luck folks
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    Holy bloody ****! Props to you man, that must've taken ages to do.
    In all honesty, took me a few hours over about 3 days. But I had fun and enjoyed making it!

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Great deal of effort there, well done, I subbed the Youtube too. Good luck folks
    Thank you!

Once we take a little break and level out new peeps, we'll show off Andromeda and beyond.

Nice! I'd add the warning about Doc Mason's quest. Hopefully Michi will tweak it so it can be done again w/o rerolling or petitioning.

Very impressive. I couldn't find it on aofroobs when Liz mentioned it.

Kudos to the work you've done for the community. This definitely helping to other new players!!

Quote Originally Posted by Literary View Post
    Nice! I'd add the warning about Doc Mason's quest. Hopefully Michi will tweak it so it can be done again w/o rerolling or petitioning.

Very impressive. I couldn't find it on aofroobs when Liz mentioned it.
    What's the warning on Doc Mason's quest? I didn't have a problem with it. Is there a bug or something that makes it difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by Transform View Post
    Kudos to the work you've done for the community. This definitely helping to other new players!!
    Thank you!

I saw the same questions asked over and over, so I thought a guide would be helpful.

If you see anyone stuck, you can either send them to the AOFroobs version found at tinyurl.com/AreteGuideAO or you can point them here.

Doc Mason will refuse to talk you if you dare to make an implant with clusters other then what's specified & give it to him. Can't get the final mission ( Lolly bird) then. At that point you can either petition or do the 15k bribe or reroll.

See the Arete Quest List (a much shorter version of your awesome guide) :-D
    Last edited by Literary; Apr 28th, 2015 at 13:08:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Literary View Post
    Doc Mason will refuse to talk you if you dare to make an implant with clusters other then what's specified & give it to him. Can't get the final mission ( Lolly bird) then. At that point you can either petition or do the 15k bribe or reroll.

See the Arete Quest List (a much shorter version of your awesome guide) :-D
    Ah! Thank you, hun. I put that warning in my guide and did my best to make it visible so people know.

This needs a sticky, like yesterday!

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Great work!
    Guardian Sancus
    Community Relations Department
    Public Forums Moderator
    Forum Social Guidelines | ARK Website | Anarchy Online Website | Funcom Customer Support | E-Mail Sancus

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    This needs a sticky, like yesterday!
    Aw I'd love to have it stickied to new players can find it and not go through many posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sancus View Post
    Great work!
    Thank you! I had a lot of fun making it!

Hello, I am random guy and I demand this thread to be sticky.

Also: thanks for this amazing and well-structured guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicare View Post
    Hello, I am random guy and I demand this thread to be sticky.

Also: thanks for this amazing and well-structured guide.
    Aw, thank you for the comment!

I have also been thinking about making something for the Subway and maybe for other areas of the game (I'm Clan with Nanashai who I made the guide with).

Please, feel free to leave any info you see I missed or any suggestions for other content that could be added!

Silly question with regards to Antonio Stacklund: Does anyone know if the MP starter weapon, Damaged Staff of Naja, is upgradeable? Or just the bow?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklebunny View Post
    Silly question with regards to Antonio Stacklund: Does anyone know if the MP starter weapon, Damaged Staff of Naja, is upgradeable? Or just the bow?
    Nopers. From 18.7 Patch notes MP version.

* In NPE, MPs starts up with 2 weapons: the Worn Bow and a new 1hb wand called Damaged Staff of Naja. It cannot be upgraded and Antonio does not sell it, sadly.
    ** Nanashaii - Guide Writer - Martial Artist - "If it moves, I can punch it!"

~~<@ Check out my Guide to Arete Landing with Spoiler Free and Walkthrough sections! @>~~
    ~~<@ Check out my Clan Guide on these forums! @>~~

I am making a spoiler free guide of this one in case there is anyone who wants to give it a go and explore to find things out like I did.

I will be putting the link to it in the first post.

~~<@ Check out my Guide to Arete Landing with Spoiler Free and Walkthrough sections! @>~~

SIDE QUESTS - Desmond Calitri

4. Desmond Calitri - Walkthrough

Overview

• Step 1: Talk to Desmond Calitri.
      Step 2: Get a Bronto Burger.
      Step 3: Return to Desmond.
      Step 4: Eliminate 2 Protesters.
      Step 5: Return to Desmond.
      Step 6: Eliminate Cedric Harding. Reward: 1320 credits; (up to) 2416 xp; Dockworker Overalls; The Brute Suit; Experimental Nano Armor Exosuit.
    Last edited by BlessedSilence; May 8th, 2015 at 15:31:49.

Okay everyone, I cleaned up the guide here based on the forums I have.

Here you will find an Overview with links to a full Walkthrough on my forums. Hopefully this will cater to those who want Spoiler-Free help as well as those who want a full Walkthrough.

I'm still tweaking it as I go along, but enjoy!

I saw a few lvl 25 chars in Arete, how do you get xp after lvl 20? Every mob is gray, even in the alien team missions... Killing the guards doesn't give xp, the leet king isn't killable...

Quote Originally Posted by Asperine View Post
    I saw a few lvl 25 chars in Arete, how do you get xp after lvl 20? Every mob is gray, even in the alien team missions... Killing the guards doesn't give xp, the leet king isn't killable...

Max level is 30. Even when the Leet King was killable he grays out at 23. I got my advy to lvl 26 with xp rings & repeating Remi's rocket launcher test. I think I was getting 239xp per completion at the end. Now it's a one and done mission. I'd check the sided missions and maybe the trade skill ones. I can't play 'til after we move or I'd roll a new toon & write up the results for the Arete Quest list.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12