Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 18.7 Adjustment Change for Martial Artists

Seems Izolenta and Chewy1 are confused.

18.6 MoK = 18.7 SoK

So, ya I can see why they are confused, but it really shouldn't be that difficult to understand.

MA's got a healing boost if you don't want to IPR. Deal with it. If you don't want the boost, maybe Michi should lower the heal on SoK?

As for highest heals, MoK and TmoK... maybe he should change the nanoskills back to 1843? That's what they were before.

Fieldsweep, that's not quite right... MoK is still MoK, in fact the heal amounts are even the same - but what's changed is the expectation.

The expectation is that MA's who want to go NR1, or have lower nanoskills can still use the second highest self heal and the second highest team heal and come out well ahead of an MA only using MoK (in 18.6).

I think the problem is Izolenta doesn't know you can cast Soul of Ka and Team Flourishing Heal in the same timespan as you can cast MoK in 18.6.

18.7:
    Matrix of Ka: 1760 1760 heals: 1512 to 2244 (once per 8s)+
    Team Matrix of Ka: 1780 1780 heals: 1844 to 2213 (once per 10s)
    Average healing is (1512+2244)/2 /8s +(1844+2213)/2 /10s = 437.6 HP/s
    Soul of Rubi: 1370 1370 heals: 1302 to 1808. (once per 8s) +
    Team fluorising heal: 1123 1123 heals: 1122 to 1346 (once per 10s)
    Average healing is (1302+1808)/2 /8s +(1122+1346)/2 /10s = 317.8 HP/s

Old matrix of Ka (from auno.org) is 1370/1370 heals: 1512 .. 2278 (once per 8s)
    Average healing is (1302+1808)/2 /8s +50/2= 219.4 HP/s

What I'm getting out of this base change in 18.7 is a few things:

First, MA's don't have to do a damn thing to their setup, and gain a 317.8/219.4 = 45% healing boost, just by buying team flourishing heal
    Second, MA's just got a significant boost to their drained healing since team flourishing heal will be able to be cast under two drains (?)

Lastly, MA's have another option, now, for MA's who want to further boost their healing capability - (regardless of Zazen or not), they can boost nanoskills (nearly max out for most breeds), and use the very top end heals.

To me it seems it's planned very nicely. I'm not sure what the fuss is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Fieldsweep View Post
    Seems Izolenta and Chewy1 are confused.

18.6 MoK = 18.7 SoK

So, ya I can see why they are confused, but it really shouldn't be that difficult to understand.

MA's got a healing boost if you don't want to IPR. Deal with it. If you don't want the boost, maybe Michi should lower the heal on SoK?

As for highest heals, MoK and TmoK... maybe he should change the nanoskills back to 1843? That's what they were before.
    No I'm not confused. You do realize mok was introduced in 2009 right? I wanna say its req were 1560 and I know this cause I was casting it with nr1. Idk what you are talking about....the team version has always been 1800+ and thus never used.

Its simple. If you want you use this stupid zazen stance leave the high reqs.

If you want to play the original ma profession, the only reason most play it, lower the reqs back down.

It isn't rocket science.

I rolled a ma for dd...not heals.
    Last edited by Chewy1; May 14th, 2015 at 12:34:46.
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    To me it seems it's planned very nicely. I'm not sure what the fuss is about.
    As for me - boosting healing abilities of evade profession is not an option.

It may work combined with deflection thou, need more testing.

Would be still nice to have MoK/TMoK requirements lowered, so a MA in endgame dd/evades oriented setup could still cast it self w/o NR perked.
    :: Izolenta :: Kynopoc :: Dreamech :: Dreamchaser :: Batmobile ::

President of Molotoff Cocktail

Playing since 2002/06/26

I'm still struggling to understand why MAs feel like they should be able to fully cast all of their endgame nanos without any nanoskill items whatsoever. Seems a bit entitled to me.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I feel sorry for the engineers and keepers reading this Raggy, for years they had to swap half there bloomin' gear to buff themselves. Heck as a Shade I had it easy only having to swap 4 things!
    Bainzyy - Level 220/30 Shade
    PvP-ing - RP-ing - PvMing

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    I'm still struggling to understand why MAs feel like they should be able to fully cast all of their endgame nanos without any nanoskill items whatsoever. Seems a bit entitled to me.
    how much nanoskill items do you wear to cast your endgame fixer nanos? (during fight ofc, not in 'buff stage')

Playing since 2002/06/26

Quote Originally Posted by Izolenta View Post
    how much nanoskill items do you wear to cast your endgame fixer nanos? (during fight ofc, not in 'buff stage')
    On my Fixer?

Even more on my Trader for reasons outlined earlier in the thread. Almost every prof in the game needs nanoskill items to cast their DB nanos in combat. It's really as simple as that.

To say that it's unfair that you now can't cast MoRK under NR1 is frankly ridiculous, especially considering you already have a ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE 23% NR BUFF.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

On my Fixer?

what items are those? collatz shoulder and ...?

To say that it's unfair that you now can't cast MoRK under NR1 is frankly ridiculous, especially considering you already have a ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE 23% NR BUFF.
    you should reread description and check how much are those "23%" actually

Playing since 2002/06/26

Indeed... "Modify base Nano Resist" - iirc only IPed, unimplanted and without trickle. So maybe around 200 NR for around 1650 PM/SI and costs 1510 nanopoints so not exactly cheap and hardly massive.

I would call the 1,200 NR on Hellish Rage massive (and for less skills).

And the close to 400 points increase for MoK sucks donkey ballz. Agreed, NR1 should not allow casting top-end nanos without some sacrifice, but putting non-NR1 toons far away from casting it is not really fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Somewhere, an engi logged in, and several soldiers just magically fell over dead.

Another question about requirements - how should troxes/opi cast it?

Playing since 2002/06/26

what items are those? collatz shoulder and ...?
    HUD3 and a Infused Ancient Nano Enhancer, actually.

Base NR for a 220 Solitus MA: 1135

23% of 1135 = 261

NR1 = 300 NR

You already get close to NR1 Nano Resist benefit with no downsides. Stop acting like you have it so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Javafan View Post
    And the close to 400 points increase for MoK sucks donkey ballz. Agreed, NR1 should not allow casting top-end nanos without some sacrifice, but putting non-NR1 toons far away from casting it is not really fair.
    I don't expect to be able to cast all my end-game nanos under NR1 on any of my chars. I don't get where this mentality has erupted from.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Just giving some facts. Tmok is castable for nanomage and solitus only on conc with gaunt pad( i think you need both) + ai belt. Fex trox nope they can cast mol only without nanogear.

The only question is: is sor +tmh enough healing. I habe to admit that we got a healing boost but in the other way ( rebalancing is for pvp and pvm) is it still enough for pvp with the ar boosts and perk dmg changes and so on?

If it is its ok but if not MoK and TMoK should get back to old reqs.

The reason ( without testing ) that i doesnt feel that it is enough is because of many perk dmg adjusting.
    REMEMBER: The Ma lost his ring effect ( 30% emergency heal) and it was really powerfull and i used it pretty often
    It feels like its gone and we are lacking heals. Even if it is only 10 min or each time you die on bs or miners or somewhere else its ready again.

There are many things where a Ma can be buffed. Deflect is a buff but you cant say that you relay on it.

This is a final list of buffs i think are needed.
    1.) Higher the deflect buff ( min 100 points ) so Ma is able to use ql 300 Flower
    2.) Increase brawl buff (also needed because brawler is now useable to gain the ar needed)
    3.) add a dimach buff
    4.) add a new self buff with evades and def
    5.) take off the decrease of abilities in the ac lines
    6.) change oblitarate to a high dmg perk without % hp reqs
    7.) lower the reqs of the short sl add dmg buffs
    8.)make the doc hd buff possible for ma to use
    9.) add to cohort a bow specc buff
    10.) bring back the reqs of mok and tmok to soul of rubi
    11.) add a sl only high Ma buff with 200 points
    12.) add release me now to Ma too
    13.) give the 30 from the sold also to Ma ( arguement is in my rememberence ) it was take away from Ma and given to the sold ....
    14.) fix some issues where you get stunned while unstunnable perked
    15.) set equipp delay from the xira blade down to 0.1 or to 0 ( like the spear of forbidden ceromonies)
    16.) add us a sneakattack buff
    17.) add us a multimelee buff ( since Ma really often tripple whield and it is really a dark blue skill )
    18.) add us a bigger sharpobject buff
    19.) cohort and horde only shows 4 hours bufftime but it stays in ncu just for one hour
    20.) lower some nano NCU you often can buff fully up
    21.) Increase the amount of absorb from Inner balance
    22.) Update Fist of Dominator

I typed it that way and try to avoid sentences where people dont understand my horrorble english skill. Thats short and clear And i hope changes will happen. Those are my advices.

This will be my last try to change things if personal fights come up or something i will stop on forum and keep my ma untouched.

Just again a caster prof is a prof who uses offensive nanos.
    As fixer to have a nanoskill item on is ok for root snear debuff.
    As trader you habe root snear debuffs ransacks calms charms and bla bla
    crat also
    doc ubt dots
    agents roots dots evadedebuff
    Shade sneaking health drain
    Mp nuke debuff
    Nt no question
    Soldier ( taunts + ch blocker)
    Engies blinds + Null space disruptor
    Enfos ( mongo is discussable )
    advy got calms ( i know they are short but exists and sre counterable if you have to low nanoskill ar)

Besides the enforce Ma is the only non comat profession ( dont argue about the non functional aoe fear
    So nanoskills on the ma are only benefical for himself and doesnt add anything to combat nanos ( aoe pvm fear is kinda non existent ; the single fear has 50% check and lands
    Anyway and the nemesis nano ... Sorry but you debuff an mp 750 nanoskills, as i know mp can cast their nanos mega easy they just have a problem with lvl lock )

That is my point of view. And i think most would argue about the part what a combat profession is.
    Last edited by Rockleee; May 14th, 2015 at 21:22:55.

HUD3 and a Infused Ancient Nano Enhancer, actually.
    oh come on. you wear nano hud3 (research device) as a fixer during combat? that sounds strange to me.

23% of 1135 = 261

You already get close to NR1 Nano Resist benefit with no downsides. Stop acting like you have it so hard.
    and? how much NR doc can buff? or what about rage? how come +260 is a 'massive' buff? do you know MAs wear a special implant in wrist, it doesn't give NR. You can say we choose it, but well.. NR is broken anyway, so there is no real option.

Btw, do you know that MAs don't have a single option to remove debuffs? UBT, Drains, AAD/AAO debuffs and all that. NR is ONLY option to counter them. Well.. it could be an option, it it worked better.

I don't see your point. We already told - it's ok if you can't cast TOP heal in NR1. But it should be possible to cast it in common equip since MA don't rely on nanoskills anyway. Why should it have higher requirements compared to, let's say, autumn leaves (1720/1711 BM/SI)? And a MA doesn't self cast AL with NR1 perked. We have to fallback to previous damage buff.

And thats true - MA doens't have a single offensive combat nano.

Playing since 2002/06/26

oh come on. you wear nano hud3 (research device) as a fixer during combat? that sounds strange to me.
    What's strange about it when I cycle Limber/DoF and run a SWSXI? I'm hardly losing out on the already considerably huge amount of defence on my Fixer.

and? how much NR doc can buff? or what about rage? how come +260 is a 'massive' buff? do you know MAs wear a special implant in wrist, it doesn't give NR. You can say we choose it, but well.. NR is broken anyway, so there is no real option.
    So that's what this has come down to? "That prof has this why can't we?". Because that would be homogenisation and unbalanced. Also NR is fine, stop pretending it isn't.

Btw, do you know that MAs don't have a single option to remove debuffs? UBT, Drains, AAD/AAO debuffs and all that. NR is ONLY option to counter them. Well.. it could be an option, it it worked better.
    Same as Advies, Keepers, Shades, Soldiers and of course, Traders.

I don't see your point. We already told - it's ok if you can't cast TOP heal in NR1. But it should be possible to cast it in common equip since MA don't rely on nanoskills anyway. Why should it have higher requirements compared to, let's say, autumn leaves (1720/1711 BM/SI)? And a MA doesn't self cast AL with NR1 perked. We have to fallback to previous damage buff.
    Your idea of a 'common' equip doesn't conform with mine. You seem to think dumping everything into +DMG and +Crit% is a common equip that shouldn't come with sacrifices.

Whereas everyone else goes 'That's a pure DD build which will probably sacrifice something to work'. Why should you be the only prof that doesn't need to make sacrifices?

And thats true - MA doens't have a single offensive combat nano.
    Taunts, Fears and General Debuffs.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

It goes far and far from being constructive. Roll a MA, go PVP. Discuss. Thats all I can say.

MAs currently in a deep-deep ass and nerfed to hell in PVP. But ofc there are other profs saying 'ma's a fine'

Is there a MA professional btw? It also shows how MA's are fine.

And lol. Not, i'am not going to argue with fixer wearing nano hud in pvp, sorry.

Playing since 2002/06/26

It goes far and far from being constructive. Roll a MA, go PVP. Discuss. Thats all I can say.

MAs currently in a deep-deep ass and nerfed to hell in PVP. But ofc there are other profs saying 'ma's a fine'

Is there a MA professional btw? It also shows how MA's are fine.

And lol. Not, i'am not going to argue with fixer wearing nano hud in pvp, sorry.
    You want to talk about being terrible in PvP? Go play a Trader, that's all I can say.

Frankly from mine and many other players perspective, MAs are getting their panties in a bunch over nothing. Welcome to 18.7 where people got nerfed and things were balanced. Deal with it and do what everyone else has to. Sacrifice maybe 4% crit to cast your top nanos.

Also where did I say my Fixer was PvPing? Stop projecting to make your wafer thin point attempt to hold water. Your arguments are filled with mathematical holes the size of Jupiter.
    Last edited by Raggy; May 14th, 2015 at 16:16:29.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Also where did I say my Fixer was PvPing? Stop projecting to make your wafer thin point attempt to hold water. Your arguments are filled with mathematical holes the size of Jupiter.
    Oh come on. Why would we start ever talking about nano-resist in a view of PVM then?

And no. Traders were so-so after LE out. And totally dominate low level PVPs.

Did you ever see a TL1-5 pvp MA twink since Infinitynova quit and they removed 149 twinks?

Who cares about PVM, you can always get CM and cast whatever you want and even more. My suggestions (not about healing! it sucks for MA) are PVP oriented. PVM-wise MA's are still decent to fine.

I'am a solitus and I'll be able to cast top heals with reasonable sacrifice. But trox/opi won't do it so easy I suppose.

Playing since 2002/06/26

Oh come on. Why would we start ever talking about nano-resist in a view of PVM then?
    Because this thread is about PvM? You know, where it's stated in THE FIRST PARAGRAPH OF THE OPENING POST.

And no. Traders were so-so after LE out.
    And are now awful in PvP.

And totally dominate low level PVPs.
    Ah yes, where everyone is casting endgame nanos, right?

Did you ever see a TL1-5 pvp MA twink since Infinitynova quit and they removed 149 twinks?
    Why is this relevant to casting MoRK at 220

Who cares about PVM, you can always get CM and cast whatever you want and even more. My suggestions (not about healing! it sucks for MA) are PVP oriented. PVM-wise MA's are still decent to fine.

I'am a solitus and I'll be able to cast top heals with reasonable sacrifice. But trox/opi won't do it so easy I suppose.
    So why are you posting in a thread literally about PvM equips and self-casting?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

I don't expect to be able to cast all my end-game nanos under NR1 on any of my chars. I don't get where this mentality has erupted from.
    You may have misquoted me, so please read it again. Also, I never had NR1 perked.

23% of 1135 = 261

NR1 = 300 NR
    You're calculation may be wrong. If it boosts the "base" skill, you need to subtract the trickle from abilities. 220 Solitus MA has around 199 trickle to NR. So that leaves you with around 930-sh "IPed" skill. So the "massive 23% boost" is just a 200 extra NR.
    Last edited by Javafan; May 14th, 2015 at 16:57:30.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Somewhere, an engi logged in, and several soldiers just magically fell over dead.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast