Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 18.7 Adjustment Change for Martial Artists

Exclamation 18.7 Adjustment Change for Martial Artists

I requests the Requirements of Matrix of Ka to be Split :

1520 BM / SI if Player is not affected by Zazen ( regular 1 Hit Heal )
    1720 BM / SI if Player i running Zazen ( boosted 3 Hits Healing )

Reason :
    While it is just barely possible to self Matrix of in a Damage&Critrate Focused PvM Setup with sacrificing Flexability/full Alphas /Bonus of a large City at 220 i dont see a 215 selfing it .
    Selfing is important because many Martial Artists were rolled by Players that want to Solo and you frequently hit the Reclaim , hunting for Mochams every Time isnt very funny. For healing while soloing or to save a Teammate Matrix of Ka in the plain versions without HoT is good enough.

Why do I only ask for the regular Matrix of Ka to be lowered you may ask :

I didnt roll MA to be a Field-Medic ( most didnt ) so i wont kill my Damage for Zazen ( personal Opion on Zazen see in Signature ) , if i need to heal something i bring my Doc´s .
    If somebody wants his MA to be a fullblown Healer and dont worry about Damage anymore it is his Choice .
    This said loosing Critrate-Items from Hud/Uti-Slots is a Choice but NOT a Sacrifice since you gave up on being a Damagedealer and now act as a Healer , im fine with Healers wearing Nanoskill-Stuff , my Docs do that too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Furthermore i request a " Cannot have Notum Repulsor perked " Flag to be placed upon the " Zazen" Nano .

Reason :

PvP ..... MA in a " Low HP ,all Nanoskill " Setup running Zazen could use Matrix of Ka while still perking Notum Repulsor 1 (maybe even 2 or 3 if the Toons Hitpoints are low enough that Flourishing Heal/Soul of Rubi is enough ) , since the Heal runs a 3 Hit-HoT ( HoT from Teamheal not even taken into Count) this could create allmost unkillable MA that still throw Aimed-Shots , Sneakattack . If the MA happens to be Atrox he can even Use Mongorage to Perk most Non-Evaders.
    Last edited by Dollcet; Apr 28th, 2015 at 03:41:27.
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

This isn't a game problem, it's a perception problem.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    This isn't a game problem, it's a perception problem.
    Dollcet is clearly disappointed and upset with the MA changes. They are going in a direction he's not happy with and is trying to provide some feedback.
    You don't need to follow him around in every thread and tell him he's wrong because you use a wildly different setup and make it work in a drastically different way.

Let the man express his frustrations. The changes are pretty significant.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

I'm sorry Sultry but OP doesn't present credible arguments, hasn't tested his toon sufficiently, isn't at endgame (nor is his toon properly equipped) and hasn't considered several KEY factors.

Let me elaborate.

Firstly, The reqs on the current top healing nanos are high. I agree with OP here, they are high. In fact, they are exactly high enough that with a maxed setup using the highest available endgame items available to MA's... MA's can self them perfectly, without any significant concession to gear (whether that be for PVP, PVM, or whatever else you want to do).

Second, the OP looks at his peculiarly setup MA, says to himself: I am maxed for DPS, maxed for combat, maxed for crit, then says: I cannot use the top heals, and complains. In the same breath, he says: It's ok that I can't use top controlled damage buffs, because they have always been much higher than what I've always been able to cast. Now, the OP is a hypocrite for two reasons:

1. He is setting up for max damage, yet fails to utilize the max damage buffs
    2. He has somehow convinced himself that top end heals are more important than top end combat buffs, and even more strange, he's arguing that heals should be nerfed because he can't cast them, yet doesn't argue for top end damage buffs to have lower nano reqs.

There's more (Sorry Dollcet, it's nothing personal, but SultryVoltron stuck his nose in and this is me merely defending myself, and unfortunately you're in the position of being wrong - which I attempted to afford you less embarrassment on, so you can thank Sultry for this post).

The OP has failed, most importantly, in assessing the VALUE of the heals already provided, and this is why the request is making those who've tested the changes so thoroughly, so annoyed:

Matrix of Ka in 18.6 healed for:
    1512 - 2278 on a 8s CD (average of 1895) /8s which, when combined with the 50HD over 8s (assuming the caster is chaining, because he's talking about PVM, in which case we don't need to consider swaptimes and AS rech caps) is a total of 1895+50*4 = 2095 HP or 262 HP/s

Now, the OP, we must assume, doesn't want to be nerfed, so, the obvious assessment is to see how much he's capable of healing using the available nanos in the same setup he's currently in:

Soul of Rubi
    1302 to 1808 with a 2s CD and local CD of 8s

Which is PAIRED with
    Team Fluorishing Heal
    1122 to 1346 which has a 2s CD and a local CD of 10s

The calculation to assess healing over the same period of time is very easy: the CD isn't the limiting factor, the local CD is the limiting factor, so, soul of rubi heals for 1302 to 1808 or 1555 average/8s, and team heal heals for 1234 average/10s.

Now we normalize to 8s to get a pure, unbiased comparison:
    1555 average/8s +1234 average/10s*8s/10s = 1555 + 987 = 2542

in 18.6 MA nano heals are: 2095 HP /8s or 262 HP/s
    in 18.7 MA nano heals in the SAME setup are: 2542 HP /8s or 317.8 HP/s

So, the OP gets a boost, but nowhere has the OP acknowledged this boost - he's only complained about irrelevant parts of his toolset which aren't consistent with the method/playstyle, and has outright proved his requests are hypocritical.

LASTLY, and MOST significantly:

What the OP has failed to acknowledge, is that MA's are not all pure DD builds with incomplete setups.

If an MA wants to utilize other aspects of his toolset, lets say, for example, he wants to use the top damage buffs (autumn leaves: http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=218090 ) which have a nanoskill req of: 1711 SI and 1720 BM (notably these reqs have been the same since patch number 15.5.5 (which to my knowledge places it back around SL launch), then the MA would clearly need to have the nanoskills to use this buff, no? And that would mean by the OP own admission, regarding "selfing" that the MA should have these skills.

If a MA could use a nano with nanoskill reqs of 1711 SI and 1720 BM in patch 15.5.5, one may want to consider what possible items have been patched into game which would enable a MA to use such strenuously high nanoskill requiring heals, such as MoK (1760SI 1760BM) or worse TMoK (1780 SI, 1780BM).

Well, I happen to know a few things:

1. Xan alphas - these, on their own aren't adding significantly more nanoskills, but taken in context which means looking at the availability of equipping xan alphas, it starts to become clear quickly that a lot more skills are available than when SL launched and relatively few people were equipping intelligent brain symbs

2. LE research - so it turns out LE added 160 SI and 105 BM (don't ask me why these aren't the same amount, but w/e) it's still a fair bit, which meant that you could actually use these top end nanos without OSB - whoa.

3. Collatz armour - Best in slot for every prof, bar none, a solid 20 nanoskills available in right shoulder.

I won't go into further detail here, but the OP is missing some significant items adding overall boosts and trickle (notably xan alpha support brain adds 14.4 nanoskills on intel trickle, as well as a boost of 44 over the OP's brain symbiant.

If the OP chooses a TL4/5 brain symbiant over a TL7, QL 300 symbiant in arguably the most important slot for nanoskills, one can hardly take his claim seriously that MA's can't use the top heal. And to add insult to injury (of pride, perhaps) he refuses to perk ConC.

So, in summary: OP refuses to acknowledge the boost in healing he's ALREADY got using the same setup as he was in the prior patch; and wants to use an endgame nano without appropriate gear and without perking nanoskills. Sounds like a pretty ballsy request.

General question: When should endgame nanos require full endgame equipment and/or sacrificing hud/util slots for nanoskills and/or perking for nanoskills? I tend to think it's reasonable to assume professions with offensive nanos and nano-skill offensive perk checks should have a reasonable level of nanoskill buffing from their gear, but I'm not so convinced that's true for other professions. In general, if nanoskills are useful to a profession only for reaching a nano-req, IMHO nanos intended to be cast in combat should be castable in full combat gear for a reasonably well equipped 220 character (say, betas, LE 54, ofab shoulders, etc) of a profession that only uses nano skills to meet casting reqs. Requiring absolute endgame equipment seems kinda elitist. A profession's nanos are very much the core of their toolset. Endgame gear makes a big difference even without it allowing better nanos. That big difference plus better nanos might create a bit too much difference between a rather new 220 character and an endgame character. Long duration buffs, it feels a bit more reasonable to expect a swap or two.

*sigh*

McKnuckle :

Read my Post again , i did not say our healing got worse i can do basic Math .
    Im asking for the Heal to be selfable even to People who are in Dmg-Setup and/or leveling .

On a more Personal Note :

Dude personal Attacks are very uncool &next Time look before you diss me take a closer Look at my Setup ! I ussually self Autum Leave , have 1690 BM & 1741 SI without Mining Operations Nano Powerup ( current City to Small for that ) right now, thats 1730 BM/ 1781 SI regulary if in a Org with big City (not counting tickledown from Large HQ ).

Look

That being said i partialy agree on the Right Shoulder i could get another 20 Nanoskills there ( trading 10 MA vs 15 Dmg ) wouldnt be enough for MoK , left Shoulder and Back are no Option due to loosing Crit ( Best in slot for every prof, bar none << very very wrong for PvM-MA)
    Now I could swap to a ql 230 Support Brain ( lossing Crit ) leave my Newbies alone , cast MoK and think to myself " u all can kiss my Hiney" .
    BUT its not about me ( insert obsence Swear here ) im asking you again , what about Martial Artists that actually Level and dont want to look bad in the Team Damagedumper ??

Show me a affortable Setup for a 215 MA that allows both decent PvM-Damage and casting MoK Self .... and dont come with that sorry Excuse " U have Zazen , Teams will pick you up as a Healer ... we all know that everyone who wants to level fast these Days runs new Brink Low and picks as much Damage as possible .
    Last edited by Dollcet; May 29th, 2015 at 09:21:07. Reason: aftertoughts
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are free Players

I fully agree with dollcet. Mrknuckle you yourself said that the reqs are to high. If you say that than there is no point to discuss about lower heals or not. You fail to read and analyse posts to understand what the keyproblem is. I have seen it many times and i am not willing to post your words. Go remember what you have said. Instead of spamming and putting other arguements down you should think again and just stop argueing after admitting that the requierments are to high.
    Now to the point of basic math. We gor all in all higher healputput thats good and needed. Now the keyfactor you are missing is that f.e. Pande mobs hit faster + harde since the pande chamges. Isnt it more them fair to ask for the top heaös on your usual combat gear? Yes it is. To fix that issue i feel that dollcets advice given is really balaced.
    And please dont again to forget the point that there are newcommers or people who wants to raise a char to 220 who rightclick that box and thing WoW those reqs are insane. Hmm i think i need to swapo my critscope my def my gaunt will run oe ... Hmm what else. Is that really a debate of fairness? No its not

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    General question: When should endgame nanos require full endgame equipment and/or sacrificing hud/util slots for nanoskills and/or perking for nanoskills? I tend to think it's reasonable to assume professions with offensive nanos and nano-skill offensive perk checks should have a reasonable level of nanoskill buffing from their gear, but I'm not so convinced that's true for other professions. In general, if nanoskills are useful to a profession only for reaching a nano-req, IMHO nanos intended to be cast in combat should be castable in full combat gear for a reasonably well equipped 220 character (say, betas, LE 54, ofab shoulders, etc) of a profession that only uses nano skills to meet casting reqs. Requiring absolute endgame equipment seems kinda elitist. A profession's nanos are very much the core of their toolset. Endgame gear makes a big difference even without it allowing better nanos. That big difference plus better nanos might create a bit too much difference between a rather new 220 character and an endgame character. Long duration buffs, it feels a bit more reasonable to expect a swap or two.
    Signed... that is that.

My crat need not make a single sacrifice to cast endgame nanos,
    Neither does my doc, enfo, trader, mp(except 3045pet), shade, fixer, advy,...

There are some professions that cannot easily cast endgame nanos in combat gear, that is Soldier for example, MA seems to be in this category aswell.

It all depends on what we want? Maybe there are 3 viable ways, Damage, Evades, Nanos, each with a set of builds that have its advantage... and disadvantage..

Situation as is now, people can cry... "i was able to cast my endgame nanos just fine for 9 years... now WTF 200 higher requirement Lawl?"

Personally I like the way MP's are going, super high requirements for a dedicated setup that gives you an unorthodox approach to things, to get even greater nano power through sacrificing other things.

Maybe MA could have a +45% crit buff that is only attainable if you have really great nanoskill gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I disagree strongly that a 215 should be able to cast it without any setup compromises. Most professions can't just spam out their top stuff when they ding 215 without some sacrifices. Might be wrong, but I don't think Agent could TP, Docs could BoP, Enfo iMango, Sold AMSV, etc at 215 without CM or some utils.

However, I do agree you should be able to use it in an average endgame setup provided you don't perk NR, city optional, etc. If this isn't the case, it should definitely be dropped.

I'm not sure about the NR perk thing. If you set up to cast anything above Soul of Rubi in a PvP setup, wouldn't your evades be trashed from armor/utils? MAs have played with NR at several levels for a long time, and it'd be a shame to lock them out of Zazen if they can find a workable hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Situation as is now, people can cry... "i was able to cast my endgame nanos just fine for 9 years... now WTF 200 higher requirement Lawl?"
    Matrix of Ka used to have 1370 BM/SI Requirements , currently it needs 1760 BM/SI , its a 390 increase in Requirements for a Nano to be casted in Combat .

I would like to see the ****storm if the Devs raised Requirements for Sneaking Health Drain/Superior Insurance Hack by 390 ... and as a sorry Excuse gives a Zazen-Clone to Shade/Fixer telling them :

"Well we had to raise Nanoskill requirements to balance some PvP-Issues but by our Math you can cast it if your 220 , fullalpha , nano-perked , Member of Org with a Notum Mining Thingy and not Atrox . Dont frown you can use a Nanoskill Setup that kills just a bit of you Damage to cast the same old Heal again , but if you really kill your Damage by using Zazen to the Point where a naked 215 with RK-Weapons can killsteal you then you can be a Makeshift-Doc..isnt that awesome ? "

Trust me our Reactions are actually pretty tame .

@ Srompu : if you use Zazen your Evades are very debuffed ( -550 at Level 220 ), but a " All Nano-Low HP " Setup most likely use at least some Combined Scout that would compensate a bit , under Zazen a normal 1Hit-heal becomes a 3hit-HoT-Heal with 100% added Heal% , you could have both the Matrix of Ka and Team Matrix of Ka running at the same Time.

https://aoitems.com/item/275699/ and https://aoitems.com/item/301496/ , dont forget to add the 100% Healefficiency from Zazen ( should work at least on the first of 3 Hits not sure about the two that follow )
    Even using the Heals one Step below MoK/TMoK the Results would have scary Healing that compensates for the lowered Evades , you loose at most 20% Evades for that much more Heal , your regular Offense is pretty ruined but that doesnt apply to Aimed Shot or Sneakattack or Mongoragetime, does not look very balanced to me least.
    Adding the Flag against NR at least allows a resonable Chance to debuff the MA so his Heals fail him instead of needing a minor Zerg to take down 1 MA , i fear a quick & dirty Hotfix with raising Nanoskills on MoK/TMoK even further if Zazen proves to be unbalanced in a NR-Setup.
    Last edited by Dollcet; Apr 28th, 2015 at 13:37:32. Reason: rephrase
    -----
    -----
    -there are free Players

Well said Srompu. I really like how my Enforcer (who is pretty much 100% PvM/tank) progressed as I leveled him through TL7. By 215 I was fed up with how woefully inadequate Mongo Crush was, so I went on my db quest, collected some nano huds from alb, and put on a bunch of other nanoskill gear. It wasn't particularly easy, and a lot of people commented on how weird my setup was, but I was able to cast iMongo, iMalice and my other top nanos straight away and it did wonders for me. As I progressed to 220 I picked up a ton more nano skills and could drop the nano equipment for better tanking gear, because it's no longer all that tough to cast all those things. The Mongo Crush > iMongo gap was definitely bad (and is thankfully fixed or at least mitigated), but the progression of heavy nanoskills > "proper" gear felt fantastic.

I think generally it might be nice to see more scaling nanos at endgame, at least for those without defense checks. Set the base level at a point which is tough for a 215 but not too bad for a 220, and then have a few tiers that go beyond that, which would validate both nano skill setups, and MP/Trader buffs. I don't know I just think I would find it really fun to be able to have, say, a MA in lots of nano skill gear with mocham's and a wrangler be able to pump out some serious healing, kind of like when you're in that sweet spot before being able to cast top RK nanos and you can suddenly cast several levels above normal, it feels great and empowering, and you love having MPs and Traders around because of it. It's always kind of bothered me how I'll work hard on a setup that selfs all its nanos, then a MP buffs me and I actually get somewhat annoyed because now I either have to cancel that out of my NCU or swap gear around to make use of it. If more things scaled you'd still be able to just barely cast the nanos if you wanted, and you could still swap stuff out with mocham's/wranglers, but going the other direction would gain validity and benefits as well, and that sounds pretty exciting.

I remember the time when DB nanos were first introduced about 7 or 8 years ago. I also remember the avalanche of angry mob that devs had brought down upon themself. I was among those raging ppl who had complained about insane reqs on most of these nanos. Do you remember the time when Form of Risan had MC reqs instead of SI and completely unreasonable mods? Well, I do and if this angry community hadn't given devs any feedback it'd have remained unchanged to this date. - However you should keep in mind this was before LoX and other nano-buffing items had been introduced to the game. - So it's good it was changed, players often know better than the devs themself when it comes to tinkering with stats. Which brings me to this matter. Is 390 increase on top MA heal reqs high? Yes, definitely. Is it unreasonable? Well that depends on how you look at it. I think we can all agree it should be possible to self cast top (combat) nanos in standard endgame setup. That also includes alpha brain. However should it be possible to self-cast them in fully oriented dmg setup or while with NR1 perked? I don't think so. I think it's a good change that it's required to gather endgame gear first before you can cast or use your endgame nanos or items respectively. Not only it makes more snese but it also gives a player additional goal or sense of achievement so to speak. Fact that not all profs have the same conditions is different matter. So in conclusion I think it would be reasonable to bring reqs down by 50 points so MAs could avoid using nano util in their otherwise endgame gear, although at the same time I don't think this change is as drastic as it was years ago.
    Last edited by Scottik; Apr 28th, 2015 at 15:18:10.

well you summerised it a bit nice scottik, but there are some professions players who love to have their ado brain equipped like some MAs(for crit bonus MA) Docs (max heal eff) NT (nano dmg) Shades Solds(never seen a sold with alpha brain) and so on. 50 points are to less. It would be ok if you cant use it while nr perked, clearly yes, BUT remember that there are other breeds. Those skills we get are at solitus breed lvl. Now i would like anyone to make a 220 FEX MA (even with support alpha ) non nr perked conc perked with 2 gaunt pads + capri ncu to try and cast it. If you dont want to belive me go check yourself. Im still short and by the way. while using the left pad we lost + 2 crit and by using the support brain we lost MA + crit. thats a dmgnerf on itself.
    Now explain me then what the opifex and Atrox shall do?( while we all know that the alpha brain aint possible on the atrox with all stuff ingame ) you are locked on that situation and nomatter what you are doing it is a LOOSE LOOSE situation compared to the older patch related to the casting of your dd + MoK / TMoK
    Docs already odd MA´s as i have seen. so where is the balance here? Shouldnt ma just be able to try to make out the max dd then can do to be at least in a good part at the Dmg dumper without gimping himself for combat nanos in nanogear and not his combat gear? DEFENETLY NOT.

Who do you need to spam heal with MoK in a full DD setup when teamed? As already stated, MA healing even without zazen is actually higher casting rubi/team heal than it was with MoK previously. If any nanos should be lowered by this reasoning its the damage buffs.

While casting you will make less hits-> more casting less dmg. Is that enough?

I could agree to a request requesting lowering the reqs on MoK by 50 SI/BM, and Tmok by 70.

But this river of tears nonsense about somehow trying to justify a massive decrease in the skills so a fresh faced 215 could cast it is utter garbage.

Endgame nanos should have end game reqs, and should provide endgame modifiers.

If you want a lower heal, use soul of rubi, THATS WHAT IT's THERE FOR.

But this river of tears nonsense about somehow trying to justify a massive decrease in the skills so a fresh faced 215 could cast it is utter garbage
    You are barking up the wrong Tree again but you may think about me whatever you want as long as the Result is beneficial to the Profession as a whole .
    Come on , support the Idea.
    -----
    -----
    -there are free Players

I could agree to a request requesting lowering the reqs on MoK by 50 SI/BM, and Tmok by 70.

But this river of tears nonsense about somehow trying to justify a massive decrease in the skills so a fresh faced 215 could cast it is utter garbage.

Endgame nanos should have end game reqs, and should provide endgame modifiers.

If you want a lower heal, use soul of rubi, THATS WHAT IT's THERE FOR.
    Mrknuckle i really feel bad for you. Again please read my post. It was also related to endgame fex ma with conc and gaunt pads. calling things garbage shows your intellectual level of beeing constructive. I have seen many nice posts with nice math where you have put in really much time in, but why you are skiping every time over and over again the fact that a fex can use it?. Just Why dont you read that sentence or why cant you argue about that? Oh well before you fail again to answer it i will do that for you: THE ANSWER: Because its not fair and not balanced.

That said, he have to consider the fact that you yourself said that lower the reqs for MoK by 50 BM/SI and TMoK 70 BM/SI is okay. if you say that you are agreeing why do you put on your next sentence that the whole argumentation is full of river of tears and garbage and so on? Is it so problematic for you to take other ideas and work with them? or do you want to kiddy arround and everything what doesnt fits you is com

I think you need to learn how to formulate your Ideas. Omg. If you start saying i could agree with this and that, but then start saying but everything is nonsense then it means your are not objective and you bring ZERO CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENTS IN HERE. Dont feel offended by my post but i have to say that.
    I really dont know who you think you are wether you agree or not. Stop attacking everyone who has a DIFFERENT OPINION THAN YOU. YOU ARE NOT THE ULTIMATE GUY WHO KNOWS EVERYTHING BEST AND HAVE TO JUDGE ABOUT ANYTHING.

Support what idea?

here is what I agree on:

1. MoK has high skills (high enough that only a finished toon can use them) - is this unbalanced? No, BUT I appreciate that there could be a bit more leeway. For example, I think the difference in intel/stat trickle should not limit use. Therefore, I agree that (for example), an Atrox MA in full infantry alphas should be able to use this nano without other nanoskill adding items (including right shoulder - particularly because the bastion pad is difficult to get).

2. TMoK has high skills (high enough that only a finished toon can use them, and may require extra nano adding items, such as an infused nano device from alb. Is this balanced? it's hard to say, I feel like it's ok, if you want to be using BOTH of the top heals available to MA's it's going to boost healing a LOT. So I don't feel like it's a big tradeoff to have to equip one nano adding item. However, the loss/gain from 1 util slot isn't really make or break, and quite frankly, it's just annoying, more than a balance issue, so again, my preference here is that an atrox with full infantry alphas could use this nano with no other nano adding items

3. Suggesting a 215 with an incomplete setup should be able to use "endgame" nanos - despite what their "QL" is, is an ineffective argument. Every single porf in game needs to assess balance, and they need to choose their setup. Here are some examples:

Atrox advy needs to use support chest/artillery chest symb to keep bastion pads/back out of OE
    Atrox keeper needs to use support chest symb to keep bastion pads out of OE
    Atrox enforcer needs to use masterpiece ancient bracer AND cancers time saving NCU to get 2s ND tick (instead of say, tier 3 DB bracer)
    Nanomage crat needs to use the nanomage cocoon item in Hud 1 to add enough strength to keep bastion pads out of OE
    Advy cannot play in NR1 if he wants to cast top wolf
    MA cannot (at least in 18.6) play in NR 1 if he wants to cast autumn leaves or Anvil fist
    MA cannot play without OSB or a highly nano-skill buffed setup if he wanted to use top team heal (1843 SI/BM) which I agree was way too high reqs
    Soldier cannot use top AMS (5) if he is using an EOE and a syndicate brain
    In 18.6 atrox Enforcer cannot cast (without swaps) imongo, ibehe or IMUB (or is within 1 point of casting with maxed IP)
    Doctor cannot cast ICH without nanoskill adding gear (or perks)
    Crat cannot cast top PVM mezzes in a full CSS/ direct combat setup
    In 18.6, Engi required 1 or 2 nanoskill adding items in order to cast top combat buffs (MB, Isotos)
    MA cannot cast autumn leaves without ConC perked

the bottom line here is obvious: the devs try to balance things to make a challenge for players, not make setups too OP where players can use both a balls out offensive setup while retaining top of the line defence, so their challenge is to impose limitations to "easy" operation of top buffs which would offer more than what is balanced.

What you've been asking for is to make an already OP prof MORE OP because you somehow have convinced yourself that you should be able to cast endgame buffs before endgame.

And what you're asking me to do is exactly what I am doing: I'm using my time in test, and my time playing MA, as well as my understanding of the current mechanics to provide objective feedback to make the prof as balanced and smoothly functioning as I can. I only want a balanced prof, I do not want an OP prof.

Just for the purpose of comparisons:

here is what you'd gain in healing by moving to top heals (i.e. being able to use MoK and TMoK)

1512 to 2244 MoK average is 1878 /8s CD
    1844 to 2213 TMoK average is 2028/10s CD

Which equates to: 1878+2028*80% = 3500/8s or 437.6 HP/s

As I calculated before MA nano healing in 18.6 was:
    2095 HP /8s or 262 HP/s

And, if you limited yourself with syndic brain/no ConC/ whatever else, you'd be using Soul of rubi+team flourishing heal for:
    2542 HP /8s or 317.8 HP/s

So, if you play with a low nanoskill setup, you got a boost of (317.8/262-1)*100% = 21% boost.
    And, if you play with a boosted nanoskill setup, you got a healing boost of (437.6/262-1)*100% = 67% boost.

Now, not to point out the obvious here, but a 67% boost is pretty damn good. So, you've got to think to yourself, did the devs want MA's to be able to heal 67% better with no drawbacks? Perhaps Michi is actually competent, and he thought to himself, "if an MA is healing 67% better than before, I have to ensure that he takes a bit more damage, or can't dish damage quite as quickly."

To me, the latter sounds much more plausible.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast