Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - April 2015 (Shock and Awe!)

Wow incredible and amazing on so many levels. The skill reset system has been a disaster for a decade now and seeing someone willing to tame such bad code is awe inspiring.

Michizure you are a master jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    I am not sure how much of a revamp Notum Wars will receive, but there are changes I would like to see. For example, even though I do love our Hawaiian playerbase, I would prefer to see more variance of when towers are active.

The engine update is not dead, though it has been a while since any sort of update has been provided. I did have a paragraph or so dedicated to it in this update, but as it was lacking in substantial information, I left it out. The plans for taking things to the next stage are forming, but there is still much work to be done.

Changes beyond what was posted today are in the works, but until certain things solidify further, I do not have much to report in regards to them. I will discuss these in the future when there is more information to share.
    Thank you for your brief and honest reply. I think the most pressing issue about NW is the fact you have to defend or attack towers for way too long period of time w/o the ability to (at least partially) control when that happens. So it'll be good if we see some changes in this direction. You may as well look into PvP ranges while you're at it. TL7 being able to attack TL5 has been issue for years.

As for the engine one may only hope to see it before his hair grow grey, but I understand one person can do only so much. So again, I appreciate your honesty about this matter. Also sorry for the typos in my previous post, I should read what I type.
    Last edited by Scottik; Apr 30th, 2015 at 22:35:10.

I have a suggestion for you mr Game Director.

How about every patch yoz guys relase, you bring back some long aandoned weapon and give it touch of Michi.

Like Perfected Diamondine pistol, Edge of Tara and Blades of Boltar... These are some of my favourite changes.

Siply take some time and just rewamp about one weapon per month. That should give us great.fun hunting it down, gearing and provide us noncookiecutter setups that are to well represented,

More Michi style weapons please!
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    How about every patch yoz guys relase, you bring back some long aandoned weapon and give it touch of Michi.
    More Michi style weapons please!
    Well if that was to happen I would love the Nova Flow revisited and made into a nice weapon with Burst and Full Auto. Really was great weapon back in the release days and since it caps at 200 it is not like we are asking for new endgame weapons. Just some love for a RK old time favorite.

Just saying there are some visually cool weapons from the old days both in weapon appearance and weapon bullet effects.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Will the new 90-150 experience be Froob friendly? Not saying it has to be balanced for a free players' toolsets, but that they will be able to enter and participate.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Well if that was to happen I would love the Nova Flow revisited and made into a nice weapon with Burst and Full Auto. Really was great weapon back in the release days and since it caps at 200 it is not like we are asking for new endgame weapons. Just some love for a RK old time favorite.

Just saying there are some visually cool weapons from the old days both in weapon appearance and weapon bullet effects.
    Don't forget about the armor side as well. rk items could be upgraded in stats and textures and be excellent at lower levels.
    http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php...rmor%2F&pid=82

changes into notum wars.. will this mean you can change the levels of pvp? like i find it a bit stupid that a level 170 can be attack by a level 214 for example.. it ruind tower wars at low levels allot, not the 170 but overall. like 150 twink has allot of cool stuff and they can gank a 125.. and a 125 twink can agein crush a level 100.. like its very bad scaleing of the levels..

i would shrink down the pvp levels by ALLOT to actualy make tower wars mean something agein. like a 150 cant be attack by a 165-170 and a 165-170 cant be attacked by 200+ .. it would realy help becose now low level pvp is totaly dead becose if you bring a level 170 to a field for example there wil be 3-4 players logging a level 214 twink to oneshot you and then logoff and the tower pvp is done becose it pisses people off.
    to nerf the team meep by not makeing it insta was a start thou.

Nice start. Keep going!
    Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    Research caps are bad and Funcom should feel bad

Notum wars are a hell of a lot better with the new tower HP and AR/damage.

Also beacon warp+team beacon warp +keeper derezz ftw.

Please Michi play wise also on this round! Bring us some new pvp content or fix the broken tower-system as it almost won the last poll

Thumbs down

I guess I just repeat myself again from the March update...

Quote Originally Posted by tigerengi View Post
    At first thanks for the nice patch!
    Been playing around a bit with it on test, and had quite some fun at the new starter area.

But FC please please please!
    Try to oook a little bit further!
    For a lot of people the game is becoming unplayable because the engine is soooo old!

Patches cannot fix the game population when they leave because the simply can't play it even if they want to...

I didn't expect much from the NPE but having played around there I have to say it is very well done in my opinion. Interesting little quests, nice dialogue (a few LOL worthy moments even), and of course a massively better overview of the game as compared to past efforts.

If progressing throughout AO was as fun as the NPE area you might have a hit game on your hands.

The 90-150 area is indeed pretty lacklustre. CoH isn't really much of a levelling playground in the same way that Foreman's/Biomare is. Elysium is running out of interesting places to poke and stuff to do. Scheol is pretty but less engaging than Elysium was in terms of interesting places to poke, mobs to hunt and stuff to do outside a couple of statics and the Scheol quest. The Scheol quest is such a slow, tedious slog on level appropriate characters that you only really do it if the nanos at the end are worth it. When I'm levelling characters through play (as opposed to through heck teams) I find I run out of steam during TL4. Sector 10 and Dark Ruins are nice enough but they don't cover that whole gap and some variety wouldn't go amiss. I hope that whatever is being planned will be open to all.

But for now I'm waiting to see what 18.7.2 fixes. There are several bugs I'm hoping get fixed (e.g. Phasefront/parrot RS bug) and several changes I'm hoping for (e.g. pulling the newly-added SL req/LE shop locaiton for lowbie advy stuff).

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Lvl 90-150 content eh? It's like you all are listening or something! That sounds amazing

But for the really big question Michi... What about old school PvP title system?! ^^

This content will be primarily Rubi-Ka based, and will open up a couple new zones/instances to explore!
    Sweet, and long overdue!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecheeze2 View Post
    But for the really big question Michi... What about old school PvP title system?! ^^
    Mmmm, at least the option of participating in that system in some way instead would be nice!
    Machina - 220|30|63 Engi
    Angelus - 220|30|6X Shade
    Wildgoose - 150|20|42 MA
    Depolarize - 150|18|40 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Negs View Post
    Will the new 90-150 experience be Froob friendly? Not saying it has to be balanced for a free players' toolsets, but that they will be able to enter and participate.
    RK only sure sounds like it.
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

Michi, I was bumbling around on the NPE when I decided to look at the PF map.

IT'S HUGE. Roads, deserts, forests and it's all hidden behind invisible walls.

Wai?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Michi you know I have a reputation to keep up so it almost hurts to say this. You guys have done a great job this patch, finally breathing some changes into a game that has seemed stagnant for so long. I don't agree with all of the changes as I'm sure most don't. But it's a hell of a start. It's a shame it took so long for you to get your shot at sitting on the golden throne of skulls (I assume) at FC. Looking forward to seeing what comes next.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quantum wings

Thank you michi. I have hardly bothered with this since jetpack has been introduced since it took three times the equip time of the jetpack and offered no speed boost compared to the 150 offered by the pack. I was pleasantly surprised the other day when I cast it to find out it is now insta cast and even more pleased and suprised to find out yesterday it offers a better speed increase than jetpack. I noe feel the uniqueness is redeemed once again. Such a small change but so pleasing. Thank you ��

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast