Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Monthly Development Update - April 2015 (Shock and Awe!)

I keep running into another problem when running missions. I just had a mission to a spot on the outskirts of a LCA that was in my range. Before I could even get to the door I was killed by the towers. Can mission doors be moved away from LCA's?

I find that the main part of that problem is that people are being power leveled so they are not collecting loot/creds from bodies that would normally pay for an upgrade or 2. It's the laziness that's hurting them in the long run. I recently rolled a few new froobs and saved up enough to buy the Newcomer's Armor... It's has sustained me well up to level 100 and the cost of upgrade is cheap. I've been using free weapons from TOTW, and SoM which some are upgradeable too and have had no problems. The most expensive stuff I have equipped was my yalm (approx. 5mil), and am about to equip a Howlett which I had on a bank toon from when I had my paid account and farmed it. IMO I think people should stop being lazy and learn to farm a little better by taking missions or staying in certain areas a little longer to save up creds.

Yep, Merely "insane". 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Hehe, when you only consider ql300 css, cc. What about mid tier armors, say CO, CS, or lowbie armors, 150ish bots are so cheap its almost not worth selling them.

Idealy newbies get access to lewt that veterans love to buy. Basic armor is one such item and hardly i can imagine better.

... No still cant.

Even if set goes from 35m to 5m, that is stil good credits when all you have is a lvl10 char.

But naturally only newbies would not know it.

So newbes are still in trouble.
    With the yesdrop change to VLRD, pillows are once again a viable credit earner. Vets like me would rather spend 1m per pillow than roll a mission with clicksaver.

And the only combined armors where the basic armor would make a difference are the ones made with spiritual, only because the spiritual bots are so worthless that people give them away.

You're looking at this as "newbies could now afford combined armor", but the problem is basic armor is one of their better ways to make creds, so if the prices of them go down, they won't be affording much of anything. Whereas right now they can spend a day or 2 doing the quests and have enough for most of their journey to 100-ish and a yalm. Being level 100 and having a yalm will make the quests faster, increasing their earnings. The problem is not "noobs don't know about this", the problem is "noobs don't try to find out about this kind of stuff". There's plenty of player-made resources out there, but if Funcom just tells every new player "hey, go farm basic armor and pillows" then the prices plummet and it's no longer worth it, even for new players.

BWA HA HA HA! My ebil tyop minons have infiltrated FC's quarterly reports! (Or the not so Secret cabal is working a new game based on Groucho Marx's old show :-D )

Thanks to Gargle for these.

http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2015/...esentation.pdf

http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2015/...Q15_Report.pdf
    Er, "smaller, more agile development teams" ? Well, if they start cutting off limbs that will certainly make them smaller. =-O

Would be cool to get detailed revenue information like ao's gross income, ao's operations cost, ao's net, and etc for the other games.

Explanation:

"The live Games – Anarchy Online, Age of Conan and The Secret Word – were the major
    contributors to the revenues"

Groucho's game show with the phrase "Say the secret word...." :-D

m.youtube.com/watch?v=c0bJYjuXgBs

Wow, as a pure investor reading those reports they scream "sell, sell, sell" for stock holders. Several distressing statements in them. Found it scary that they are just figuring out they can continue to fund operations for the next twelve months. So my take on this is:

Live games are cash flow positive when you compare their revenue to operational cost.
    Overall FC is cash flow negative.
    Farm bet on Lego game.
    Twelve month funding level statements meant to keep people dumping FC stock as junk in the short term.
    FC is operating at negative equity.

Yeah as an investor everything about those reports said sell now and minimize losses. Folks this time next year could be very interesting.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

How can we start a company to take over AO's operation?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    How can we start a company to take over AO's operation?
    Let's start a kickstarter!
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Ouch, Q1 Report is not that briliant, roughly gonna take 10 years for equity to bounce back Above 0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Literary View Post
    Er, "smaller, more agile development teams" ? Well, if they start cutting off limbs that will certainly make them smaller. =-O
    less agile though
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234