Thread: Broken shadow crystals

Broken shadow crystals

Hiya,

I got tired of Subway and I've been adventuring in SL in Nascense Frontier. I've gotten 4 of the broken shadow crystal drops. As a Trader, I'm only a few points away from being able to start opening them.

My question is: are broken shadow crystals the primary source of SL-only nano crystals?

Thank you!

Not sure what you mean by broken. There's varying degrees of damage to some SL nanos found in missions but I don't think they're 'broken' unless you try to fix them and they break. You can use them without trying to repair them, they just have a 2 or 3% chance of failing to upload. I think the chance of 'breaking' them - when trying to repair them - is much higher. In addition, between levels 50 and 140 (or so) several of the 'discovered' SL nanos have weird variations that make them better than the regular ones...

which you can buy in the SL gardens. Usually the key-quest giving character is the guy that also sells the nanos. The majority of SL nanos for the majority of professions are purchased. NTs can find many of their SL nanos in SL missions.
    Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    Research caps are bad and Funcom should feel bad

So I killed a Hiathlin in Frontier Outskirts. He dropped a QL25 "Broken Shadow Crystal". When I right click on it, it says I need Nano-Bot Programming of 194 to repair it. I had one earlier with a lower requirement, which I right-clicked, and created an Agent nano program.

I found the nano vendor in Thrak garden. Thank you

Turns out there are new nano crystals in the game that are actually called 'broken'. Looks like you can't just upload them the way you could the damaged ones. Not sure how you fix them - used to be with a Nanoprogramming Interface. Just tried that on a broken SL nano and got nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Broken Shadow Crystal seems to spawn a random item when you right-click it. I'm not sure what those items are, but I presume it's some nano crystal. The old "weird looking <nanoname>" crystals seem to still be in the database, but I don't know if they still drop.

If6Was9: A lot of nano programs were deleted/removed from the game in 18.7.0. Their associated nano crystals were renamed to "broken nano crystal" and made defunct.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Broken Shadow Crystal seems to spawn a random item when you right-click it. I'm not sure what those items are, but I presume it's some nano crystal. The old "weird looking <nanoname>" crystals seem to still be in the database, but I don't know if they still drop.

If6Was9: A lot of nano programs were deleted/removed from the game in 18.7.0. Their associated nano crystals were renamed to "broken nano crystal" and made defunct.
    I have not seen any of the old Weird Nano crystals either drop as themselves or spawn from clicking the broken Shadow crystals that can now be found in dungeons and/or SL quest-missions. I have received primarily RK-nano's, one SL garden nano, and one "super-charged" NT nano.

Emma