Thread: 18.7 changes... what prof for a returning player?

Question 18.7 changes... what prof for a returning player?

Hello everyone,
    It seems much has changed since I last played AO.

I have been known to make many alt characters and only got a few professions above 100. Because of that I been debating leveling my froob agent account to do a bit of everything and if I am still enjoying it around those levels taking that account paid. Looking in the forums it seems everyone is going on about AAD and AAO and which class is better at which these days. Are agents a viable solo option?

It seems they also removed some of the best ways for poorer players to get cheap good leveling guns? Trader shop - etc. It just seems like everything past the new newbie ground and subway got extremely more difficult for newer/returning players with out billions of creds/paid account to jump into the game or am I really missing something?

Thanks!

Some of the long suffering dps impaired professions ( MP) have been given vitamins and be seen showing off their muskels ( as a certain spinach eating toon would say :-D ) in bs & elsewhere. The new gear in Arete (revamped Sundance armor, newcomers armor, HUD, starter weapons) is superior to the old newbie isle gear and cheap. I think the Arete implants & Clusters are way out of line unless the goal is to teach newbies that one day, when they get to the mainland, they can think, "Wow, only one hundred million creds, that's Cheap!" And be serious....:-D

Oh...WELCOME BACK!

As for profession choice, Standard rules apply; I.e., what looks fun to play? Ranged/melee/pet? PVP/PVM? Team/Solo? Etc. Agent will continue to be the hardest to learn & expensive to play.

Personally, I'm dying to try my mp but can't play for a month or more (stabs non-virtual reality again...which easily deflects it. :-( )
    Last edited by Literary; May 2nd, 2015 at 22:30:21. Reason: typo

Purely a PvM player here, have most classes nearing level 200 but didn't have a keeper as it was on a long-forgotten account.

Rolled a keeper to play through the NPE and am thoroughly enjoying it, whether that's down to 18.7 or because I liked Keeper anyway is debatable, but things like heal auras scaling to your Bio Met score are certainly convenient