Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you want?

I would very much like to see an "Improved Riot Control" nano. Burst is max 3 bullets that cannot crit, so making it hit more reliable makes alot sense imo.

- buff Assault solja
    - buff hp setup
    - change ams mechanics(other profs hit 3k damage(AimS/Fa) when ams enabled)
    - change Fa mechanics for Assault, or give FA/AS/Burst weap.
    - give new nano(like stim for marine in StarCraft ) hit self for + ar +dd +init and more +
    - change perks and give new, especially fast dd for Assault.
    - more Armor(per lvl) or 1(2)perk + le prock(more heal and armor)
    - change agro nano line (enf has 50k taunt. solja 15k)
    - change Complete Healing Blocker nano line ( \\Resist 120%\\Nano Resist 140%\\Nano Resist 95%) def chek max 60%
    - change HP Buff nano line, delete Bio Metamor req and stuck with enf buff
    - change le nt nuke Pierce Reflect only for radiation.
    - change rrfe debuff from eng and tader

- new Assault weap

example

with 500-600 dd req HeaveWeap\\Assaullt\\Fa\\Burst\\Fs. 4/4
    req +smg . 2/2
    req +RangEner\\Fs. 3/3

Soldier weaknesses:
    1. Poor static defenses; easy to hit, easy to perk.
    2. Low NR; easy to debuff, easy to snare, root, stun, calm, etc, everything lands.
    3. Slow; cannot run away, cannot pursue.
    4. Poor healing capability; stims, very poor locked heal and hot, optional perks.
    5. Low nano skills; cannot land nano debuffs.
    6. Poor access to resistances; no root/snare, stun, skill drain or nano debuff resists.
    7. Unreliable active defense; without useful alternatives we rely on our active defense to work in all situations.

Soldier strengths:
    1. High offense; need more to compensate for defenses, no perks or buffs to temporarily boost it.
    2. Massive temporary active defense; but easy to circumvent, remove and debuff.
    3. Good damage yield

All our weaknesses are fine except for the 7th. Focus on removing that, and focus on our strengths. We don't need alternatives, we just need what we already have to work.
    General of First Order

Soldier defences would be a lot more reliable with AAD in left arm artillery.

The lack of AAD in left arm actually makes soldiers significantly more reliant on reflects (primary defence) than any other prof in game.

With 175 AAD in LA you got far more options, and options appear to be what soldiers lack more than anything else - where other profs can shift focus from primary defence to evades under certain circumstances, soldiers are almost exclusively pigeonholed into utilizing reflects, and HD to out heal taken damage.

Adding AAD to LA would mean that alpha foot would become a much more valuable symb slot, with appropriate peripheral gear, evasion as a secondary defence would become significantly more attractive.

This would mean significantly greater defence in teams, significantly better damage mitigation regardless of where you were on the AMS/TMS cycle, and far lower vulnerability to normally super-damaging gameplay aspects such as pets, normal damage, high check perks, and in PVM, mob normal damage.

I wouldn't mind seeing Heavy Ranged being revamped to have some pretty good damage perks, even if you have to raise it to 10 perks. Sure the Dodge debuffs are nice, but it certainly could use some kick to rival the damage output of SMG perks. SMGs already have the advantage of dual wielding, AR should have some hard hitting perks to compare.

Was fling ever considered on ARs? I know people might want to have Aimed, but I don't necessarily see it being given to us on a weapon with Full Auto. It would also go along with closing the gap a bit between SMG and AR.

Just a couple of thoughts of an old vet poking their head in to see what's going on these days.
    220/30 - Spartanx9. Back for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquihana
    Haquihana: And Spartanx9, I dont usually spend much time in the soldier forums.. you all don't make enough rucus (NOTE: this is not a message of approval to go cause unjust trouble)
    Sounds like i need to cause some trouble I kid i kid

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanx9 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Heavy Ranged being revamped to have some pretty good damage perks, even if you have to raise it to 10 perks. Sure the Dodge debuffs are nice, but it certainly could use some kick to rival the damage output of SMG perks. SMGs already have the advantage of dual wielding, AR should have some hard hitting perks to compare.

Was fling ever considered on ARs? I know people might want to have Aimed, but I don't necessarily see it being given to us on a weapon with Full Auto. It would also go along with closing the gap a bit between SMG and AR.

Just a couple of thoughts of an old vet poking their head in to see what's going on these days.
    I'm pretty sure that all Soldier's want more Heavy Weapon support. AR needs more to compete with SMG. These are some of the things that I have sent to Michi.

Bringing in fling shot would be amazing. That would help AR soldiers to a great extent. We will not be able to get AS though. FC already dislikes the idea of AS+FA. They even played around with the idea of putting it on the same timer. On another note I think AS and SA should be on the same timer. I remember seeing an Assault Rifle with all the specials. It really isnt used and it its a lower level weapon.
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

How about a -1k castable dodge debuff, stackable up to 3 times with an 8 second cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyfowler View Post
    We will not be able to get AS though. FC already dislikes the idea of AS+FA. They even played around with the idea of putting it on the same timer. On another note I think AS and SA should be on the same timer.
    Introducing AS for everyone to compensate for high evades instead of just reducing defenses was a huge mistake. All one-handed weapons with AS should have been removed, and those who still wanted AS should have to equip a rifle, ranged energy or heavy weapon.

But instead we have a snowball effect that just keeps adding more and more and more to compensate for those that got more last time.
    General of First Order

Well doing BS or any mass pvp on sol atm is just a joke, there's ALWAYS a offensive NT or a Engi lurking around.. As if these profs are not hard enough to 1 on 1 on a sol, but as we know they are usually never alone which means we get splatted in about 7seconds.

I dont really see the reason behind all these reflect gaps when it truly is our ONE defence, our evades wont ever go high enough that we can rely on it. Even without NSD good engis is still a hard fight, think it's about damn time FC did something to these gaps in our defence first and foremost.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

I was pondering special ammo the other day.
    What about adding a new perk line (or reworking the perk actions on the Heavy Ranged line) that gave procs similar to the Gadgeteer line from Engineers?
    Thematically they could be specialized bullets/specialized ammunition for large weapons.

I'm thinking something along the lines of (these numbers are made up and meaningless):
    Only one Proc can be active at a time.

Teflon-coated Rounds: Stacking Dodge Range debuff. (Maybe AC debuff is better?)
    Tranquilizer Rounds: Stacking Init debuff.
    Poison-coated Rounds: Stacking DoT.
    Bean Bags: Reduces damage, stuns when it gets to X amount of stacks.
    Etc.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

That actually sounds pretty cool there. Definitely could work as specialized Ammunition.

Haquihana: And Spartanx9, I dont usually spend much time in the soldier forums.. you all don't make enough rucus (NOTE: this is not a message of approval to go cause unjust trouble)

The LE Procs aren't very hot, at least not for any pvp, +damage sure is nice for pvm, but not that helpfull in pvp.
    So that could be worked on for sure.
    Last edited by nanoforcer; May 22nd, 2015 at 00:03:29.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

procs has Attack time 0.01s and Recharge time 0.01s
    solja has very little nano-init and when he gets a debuff on the nano-init, proc attack and recharge increase to 3s(5)s.

and dd proc hot only for smg solja

and soldier does't have good pvp proc and professional perk line,2 little hp/perk/def(or give norm ams) etc.

give new nano line +hp like enf. enf has 48khp / solja 25k
    Last edited by quantum; May 22nd, 2015 at 17:45:37.

Something thathovers in my mind since long time:

Combo in clusters for FA/AR in r hand makes soldiers worse class to twink bigger guns then they "really" put on. How about item:
    Type: Armor
    Slot: Right Wrist
    Stats on user:
    Full Auto 90
    Burst 50
    Max HP -800
    Req:
    Level from 75
    Agility: 350
    Stamina: 350
    This bracer could add variety: at low and mid level soldier can compensate something with better DMG - more powerfull hits with better gun. I don't see if it could have any influence on endgame or PVM - but for twinking purposes it would just come handy.

On the other hand: I am pissed of how Agent works - they have all what we got (or even more - AS) and in FP soldier they can root us and run away... wtb root too :/
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

add a 30% nano dmg reflect to tms/ams ?

well, yes, please. At now we are* either rooted to death or evaded to death or nuked to death. Last BSes were like " I just wanna die, plz omg". (btw: did FC said roots/snares will be nerfed? Because they are still like " dont move for ages"... thing)

(lvl 200 BS)
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Alright, so this is going to be one of my brain dumps on this. Been thinking about this while looking at previous nano/perk docs (obviously outdated). If you don't like long posts, then feel free to skip, cause this is going to encompass a lot. Not everyone is going to agree with everything, nor should I expect you to. This is just ideas that I've been getting while I've been back and playing my soldier.

SL Perks
    - Heavy Ranged -
    - Move Weapon Bash to the 1st perk.
    - Combine LPT and TT, don't see a need for two dodge debuff perks. 500 Dodge might be too much, so probably max it at 400?
    - Move Napalm Spray to 5th perk, quicker activation time and have it reduce All ACs instead of fire, since we have no weaponry that supports fire damage. While in theory, we could use damage changers with LE Procs affecting all damage types, it wouldn't be reliable due to cooldowns on said devices, not to mention they are in damage line - A so they won't be useful as you lose 107 damage from not having Gazump on.
    - Add a new perk, Double Tap, that hits twice for reasonably hard. Perhaps have a dot added if you have the dodge debuff running, some rp nonsense about hitting a vital organ or some such.

- Special Forces -
    - Field Bandage, change it to a % heal that scales up to 8% max health at 1300 First Aid, which would require maxing FA. I myself have 1176 FA with being 100 pts off of maxing it, and it shouldn't difficult to obtain it, making it very possible. Perhaps 10% at 1500 FA?
    - Contained Burst, lower the recharge on it. The damage is pitiful without tracer up, so more often than not we are gonna save Tracer for it unless pvp, which in that case we are losing a lot of the perk's damage in order to stack dodge debuffs. Move to perk 5.
    - New perk at perk 6. Scaling AAO modifier, short term. Useful for both SMG and AR soldiers, and not tied to one particular setup.

- New Perkline -
    - Mainly focuses on Health. HP should be a viable setup for soldiers. We have the healing nanos (AR and DftR) that can support it. With the change to Field bandage, I don't see why HP couldn't be viable. It could be a replacement or supplement to Colossal Health, depending if they want to lock power up to ranged energy still.
    - Perhaps a heal, hp drain, or perhaps some taunt perks in here?

AI Perks
    - Muzzle Overload should use either a different Attack Skill.

Nanos
    - Adrenaline Rush and Don't Fear the Reaper were excellent additions. RRFE having a higher stacking order is great to see. Remedy Inhibitor, while it nice that it would end up blocking CH, need to change given how it was a HoT blocker and not a CH blocker.
    - Would like to see One foot play a much bigger role now that RI can't block those nanos as well as CH, ICH and IoTP completely heal you now. Perhaps lower checks on it and Feelings of Mortaility, bit quicker activiation/recharge, or even a line CD for much faster execution?

- HP Buffs -
    - While it was nice to get an HP buff with the DB questline eons ago, I wouldn't mind seeing a much higher HP buff on it. 1244 Bio Met for only 950 HP is quite expensive, but at the same time I don't think we should have the same HP buffs as Enf, since that is their territory. Perhaps a bit stronger one like 4-5k on it? That would also encourage higher HP builds along with perks and nanos that heal.
    - Were they going to be taken off the Bio. Met skill by any chance? Feels weird to only level bio. met once you hit 215 for the buff, or was our HP buffs going to be increased so it would be viable at all levels?

- Taunts -
    - Taunts were improved somewhat with 18.7, but I feel they could be improved further. Our biggest problem is AoE tanking. Now, I know PVE is a joke and all that, but Soldier AoE tanking should be doable, if not a bit difficult compared to the Enforcer and mongoing. Perhaps give some nano taunt procs or perhaps a taunt that you cast that would pulse out AoE threat every time you landed a hit on your target?
    - Taunts should compliment our damage, as we can hit 15k FAs, so while I don't see a need to get a 50k Taunt like enforcers can, our currents ones, even buffed I still have issues keeping agg vs shades.

- AMS/TMS -
    - Now our main defense. With our low to nonexistent resistances, low Nano Resist, AMS/TMS could use a slight buff. Perhaps adding a bit of snare/root resistances (maybe 10% at TMS X, 13% at AMS 4, 15% at 5? Numbers aren't final, so don't quote me on numbers. Those can always be changed but mechanics are more what I want to talk about than numbers), a bit of NR, or perhaps something else.

- Weapon buffs -
    - Composite Heavy Artillery was nice, though wouldn't mind seeing individual smg buffs, and well as more fling shot buffs.

Weapons, or making ARs competitive vs SMGs

Especially in a pve setting, SMGs outclass ARs pretty far out, and SMGs also seem to be pretty popular in PvP as well. ARs definitely need a few things that could bring back to competitive status.

Possible suggestions include:
    - Added fling to them (I've mentioned this countless times before, not going to go over it again).
    - Making burst crit (making crit more valuable vs add damage for ARs and take advantage of that higher crit modifier).
    - AR only damage procs?

Now, if you've read all that and want to pick it apart, I would love to hear your opinions on them. Don't necessarily focus on numbers too too much, as those can always be changed. I just wanted to introduce new mechanics or changes to perks/nanos and numbers can always be tweaked.

need funcom to stop targeting all there updates at tl7/endgame and think about tl1-6 also.

from a soldier point of view at these lower ranges, we need (yes NEED) some comp lit, be it on armor like shades or a buff or something
    oh and better armor choices/ability support in symbs
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Quote Originally Posted by Valour View Post
    need funcom to stop targeting all there updates at tl7/endgame and think about tl1-6 also.

from a soldier point of view at these lower ranges, we need (yes NEED) some comp lit, be it on armor like shades or a buff or something
    oh and better armor choices/ability support in symbs
    This. Why can we not have better symbs? Look at our ear for crying out loud. Quick let's play a game called: Name everything useful in artillery ear. Go! Psymod.
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    add a 30% nano dmg reflect to tms/ams ?
    this x100 plz
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast