Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: AO Prefs manager

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    .NET is not BASIC. Even BASIC was removed from being a shipped standard language & compiler in a MS Operating System.
    Can you please stop trolling my thread ok? You have no idea what your talking about, there are exception logic in the program, there is nothing littering. Stop with your pointless/clueless trolling.

.Net Framework have been included since Windows xp . Its a hard coded standard, and part of the CLR and FCL. Its not like you can remove all frameworks from windows. Your clueless..
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ast...ion-of-the-os/

Let me quote for you:

Quote Originally Posted by Microsoft
    Windows 10 (all editions) includes the .NET Framework 4.6 as an OS component, and it is installed by default.
    ITS BASIC.. get lost now Wakizaka

Cool story.
    Not in my thread, your 100% trolling..
    Last edited by ByLogic; Aug 16th, 2017 at 20:18:09.

It is very simple and not too much.

- The "Reload your prefs" button need an error handling if no prefs found.
    - I can write anything into the combo boxes for server, accounts and backups. This must be forbidden by setting this boxes to "read only".
    - I dont know what the "Inspect" Button should do. But maybe it also need an error handling.
    - Make your "Error"/"Information" messages more informative. No one know what you mean with "Theres problem with your local AO prefs folders".
    - Perhaps you give the user a way to choose the AO prefs folder if it is not found and the program saves this path in an .ini file.
    - Correct write errors.

A good method to make an application better is, preventing errors from users.

Edit.: No one is trolling just because he is not your opinion.
    Last edited by Vanitra; Aug 16th, 2017 at 19:52:30.
    Wenn du nur lang genug in den Abgrund schaust, schaut der Abgrund auch in dich hinein. - Ashes to ashes, dust to dust!
    Lt. Col. John Sheppard: "Und sie ...verteidigen diese Position!"
    Dr. Rodney McKay: "Ich hab nur ein Messer, wer bin ich, MacGyver?"

Quote Originally Posted by Vanitra View Post
    It is very simple and not too much.

- The "Reload your prefs" button need an error handling if no prefs found.
    You allready got the exception warning..
    Any ways, is fix in 1.5. Not by adding more exception on every button, but by changes in structure. Simple small things..

- I dont know what the "Inspect" Button should do. But maybe it also need an error handling.
    The inspect button dosent work because of the first warning you got. The program doesn't find any account for you to inspect.
    But yeah agree it shouldn't cause any error, nothing should cause any error or warning. Warnings are not fixing issues agree?

- Make your "Error"/"Information" messages more informative. No one know what you mean with "Theres problem with your local AO prefs folders".
    Your right i should.. I just did it quick and dirty to help this other guy who ran the whole game on a cloud disk.

- Perhaps you give the user a way to choose the AO prefs folder if it is not found and the program saves this path in an .ini file.
    Its an good idea proposal really, but the whole idea with the tool is to make it simple for people. Not to deal with ID folder that give you no relation
    to your account, i made a nice work around for this in 1.5 where you can just select it and get a "Date of update" information.

- Correct write errors.

Edit.: No one is trolling just because he is not your opinion.
    Ofc , thats what i am trying to do, but when i get trolled at for spending my free time for others it doesn't feel really good. Now for a min
    i think your not trolling, and i hope i am right. And yes people troll here. Theres been like 3-4 cases with keyboard cowboys, it makes it hard for me to digg out important feedback data like the ones you just gave me..I don't mind jokes, or even irony, but pure trolling just mess things up like kindergarten.
    Last edited by ByLogic; Aug 16th, 2017 at 20:23:25.

Quote Originally Posted by ByLogic View Post
    <snip>
    Oh no, "bested" by the master of Qjuery [sic]
    One day, you shall learn.
    Sadly, I fear, you shall perish before you learn, and will leave your reincarnate to learn from your mistakes.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Oh no, "bested" by the master of Qjuery [sic]
    One day, you shall learn.
    Sadly, I fear, you shall perish before you learn, and will leave your reincarnate to learn from your mistakes.
    Dude i learn things every day, the question is more of what level that experience is build on. I made this tool back in 2015. Some of the structure of it is lol, because it was quick and dirty. But i learned that structure doesn't really steal as much time as you think. At least not later when things starts scaling. What a lesson that was back in does days.
    Last edited by ByLogic; Aug 16th, 2017 at 20:42:14.

I PM you, i think your issue digs deeper, i wonder if steam client has a different prefs structure, if you can send me your prefs files so i can reproduce the issue. Its much better when i have some actual error to work with ^^
    Last edited by ByLogic; Aug 16th, 2017 at 22:39:53.

The inspect button dosent work because of the first warning you got. The program doesn't find any account for you to inspect.
    But yeah agree it shouldn't cause any error, nothing should cause any error or warning. Warnings are not fixing issues agree?

Your right i should.. I just did it quick and dirty to help this other guy who ran the whole game on a cloud disk.
    As mentioned before, I am just linking the "Funcom" folder within %localappdata% to my cloud so I have all my prefs available on all computer I play AO on. =)

Maybe you have an idea how your tool could follow the symbolic link? Would be cool to use your tool AND still have my prefs "outsourced" to another location (in that case - my cloud folder).

Regards,

This other guy
    Thanks to FC my name was changed from Assx to Asxx without saying any word. Thanks for this. You rly made my day. But it's cool that it took you only 9 years to find this name a violation of your rules of conduct. You guys must be really proud.

Assx - Shade - elected President of ImPacT

Hosting Orgbots & Teamspeak3 Server /tell Bothosting hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Lougi0 View Post
    As mentioned before, I am just linking the "Funcom" folder within %localappdata% to my cloud so I have all my prefs available on all computer I play AO on. =)

Maybe you have an idea how your tool could follow the symbolic link? Would be cool to use your tool AND still have my prefs "outsourced" to another location (in that case - my cloud folder).

Regards,

This other guy
    Well since your asking so nicely i look inn to it It should be possible, at the moment i use Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolde r.UserProfile), so
    i can change this in to an option.

Just don't use it for MB :P (unless your Omni ofc)

http://www.netmax.no/files/AO/DustPrefs1_5.2.zip

Updated. See first page for info
    Working! Nice, thank you =)
    Thanks to FC my name was changed from Assx to Asxx without saying any word. Thanks for this. You rly made my day. But it's cool that it took you only 9 years to find this name a violation of your rules of conduct. You guys must be really proud.

Assx - Shade - elected President of ImPacT

Hosting Orgbots & Teamspeak3 Server /tell Bothosting hosting

Your welcome, is the cloud disk working with this now for you?

For does who are interested in my "other" Steam project here is a new video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaR7c3x5rxI

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345