Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dual wielding with cyberdecks is now official

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    Agreed.

He told me directly that this was a mistake to begin with.

A bit off track, but, I speculated back before 18.7 was live about a left hand weapon for NT's to compliment the Cyberdeck. I thought of it being less of a damage weapon, but something mainly to set a damage type override. Possibly having a small damage range wouldn't be a bad alteration to that idea, or maybe a proc of some kind.

I hadn't put any thought into it again until yesterday, but I'd much rather have a nifty gadget like that over a Lust.
    I'd be okay with that idea.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    I'd be okay with that idea.
    It would sort out our misleading description on the character creation screen ;p

"...and the types of damage they can manage is incomparable."
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Thumbs up for a gadgety thingy for left hand! ^^ I don't want my nt to wield a pewpew!

Yea, I'm not a fan of shooty things or smashy things.

Gadgetry should be our specialty.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

A gadget-like, left-handed weapon would be a pretty nifty idea, especially if it didn't function like other ranged weapons and only served as a "buffing" weapon of sorts, kind of like the pistols of old from RK (I'm talking about you, Soft Pepper). This would still take the NT in a new direction, but not turn the NT into something it's not. Hell, even if this gadget was simply a re-skin/re-colour of the NT's cyberdeck and was awarded to the NT in a similar fashion, that would be fine. I know that people have dual-wield fetishes in this game, and this should sort-out that much for them. Maybe a bit of the cyberdeck's auto-attack damage could be transferred over to this "gadget", as well?

With that much being said, I would still prefer for the cyberdeck to function like it did before the big update.
    Last edited by SolanMesdane; May 8th, 2015 at 16:07:04.

Even something that had to be trade skilled would be good.

With the spare IP NT's tend to have, we might as well make use of our nano programing and comp lit capabilities, as we are tied with MP for the cheapest IP cost of those two. But, some other trade skills aren't that bad for us, either

Possibly combining the Arul Saba gems with something could be part of the process to build? If it were to be a damage type override device, it seems to make some sense.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

That's a great idea, Vinkera... it would be nice for all of my NP to have some use for the higher levels.

+1 for the damage type override idea... as much as I like dealing radiation damage, it would be nice to have access to alternate damage types without resorting to using low-QL nukes.

Yea, and our Nukes / Cyberdecks can just be bought.

We could also use a bit of a scavenger hunt for our weapons.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

What about an NT-only Phulak that gives 1-75 to all nanoskills based on the NTs Nano-programming?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

That's pretty clever.

As much MC as we've gotten, it's still very difficult to reach the 3000 MC damage range for GIVA without completely gimping everything else.

That would certainly help.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

I agree with how difficult it is to achieve 3000 MC in a realistic manner.

So: an NT-only Phulak with bonuses that scale with the NT's NP that looks like a re-coloured cyberdeck which is obtained through a "scavenger hunt" mission?

I like it. Much better than simply using a pistol like 50% of the professions do.

EDIT: Oh, and I can't forget about the damage type override function, either. That's still my favourite part.
    Last edited by SolanMesdane; May 8th, 2015 at 17:15:18.

yeah, off hand item that is right clickable to change dmg type and add a few bonuses like MC or nano damage would be cool. maybe a shield that gives a small bonus to DTN, like 2 or 3%
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

I could see a TS process that starts with a Watchful Spirit Phulakterion, and involves various items to complete.

I'd say it should require one of each type of stellar gem, possibly Nano Programming Interface, Nano Programming Tutoring Device, Disassembler Tool, or things that are more difficult to get, even. If we wanted some kind of static stat, something relevant should be included in the process. Like, Nano Init, the process should require a "Re-Configured Nano Formula Recompiler", for example.

But, let's look at the basics. What should this device actually do?
    -Right-clickable damage type override change.
    -Improve AR to help out our perks landing.
    -Buff MC a bit, scaling with NP skill.

What else, though?
    Should it do damage, and if so, how much is fair?
    Should it have an offensive proc, and if so, what should it be?
    Should it give stat bonuses, if so, what and how much?

But, the biggest and most important question... What should it be called? "Nano Program Remodulator" comes to mind, but sounds a bit to original and boring.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

better yet, 2 items. a shield and a damage focus. shield would be like 2% damage to nano, 500 nano/hp, 100 evades, 100 to NR, and 250 run speed. a nice defensive boost, not zset OP. focus item would be right clicked to change the type of dmg we do, 3% to nano damage, 75 MC, and 100 nano init. gives us a choice and some versatility.

edit: didn't think about names. Nano Manipulation Module and Notum Relay
    Last edited by Cdogg421; May 8th, 2015 at 19:42:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    But, the biggest and most important question... What should it be called? "Nano Program Remodulator" comes to mind, but sounds a bit to original and boring.
    Notum Reconfiguration Unit.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

This is turning into my favourite thread waaaay too fast.

Great ideas, guys. I love the idea of having the damage switching and the "focus" type item, even if it's something to "assist" the Cyberdeck's function while looking similar to it (for 3D asset economy purposes).

The name, imho, should focus more on "Nano" than "Notum", as Nano-Technicians usually work with the technological applications/products of Notum (Nanobots), rather than with the Notum itself.. or maybe just on the Deck itself.

If we're going for the "two items" option, we should make sure we can only have one of them or that the equip time will effectively prohibit switching quickly between them without it becoming one of those "oh crap I have to unequip this.. brb coffee" items like the good old belts.

Since I see these as "complementary" to the Cyberdeck and made out of something we'll find and tradeskill.. my current WIP name suggestions would be..

Defensive version: Stabilized Cyberdeck Deterrence Module
    Offensive version: Stabilized Cyberdeck Overdrive Module

The idea being that either new or old tradeskill components, combined in some previously secret to the majority of NT's but at least decently weaved in our prof's lore, would unlock these features.
    Adding something that would reflect the damage type override to the name wouldn't be bad but it would start making it a little too long for my liking.

As far as buffs/damage/proc/etc.. I like the idea of extending our currently available toolset. Be it through extra Damage to Nano/Reflect, extra hp/nano/mc/%nano dmg/etc. The amounts will have to be carefully balanced though I've seen no craaazy suggestions in this thread so far.

I don't think we should have any "special attacks", though. I like that we make our "living" in RK/SL with nanos and the damage from the Cyberdeck itself. Specials and weapons being added to this.. not so much, at least on a "main path" type of thing. If someone wants to go Cyberdeck+Ranged Energy and manages to equip a Rapier someday and be able to play.. more power to him/her.. but that's going to be the oddball exception that AO's (in)famous for.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Some offensive procs (perhaps a 20% chance to land):
    - Direct Nano Damage Vulnerability 2%/3%/4%/5%
    - DoTs that deal similar damage to Cellular Re-Structure/Poisoned Thorns/Frost Blades/Magma Covering?
    - Heal Reactivity -3%/-5%/-7%/-10% (PvP version of the device?)
    - Nano Resist -25/-50/-100/-150? (Another PvP version)

How about giving the device Nano Programming requirements to equip?

As for auto-attack damage, I feel that it should offer 1-1 (0), but have an MBS of 3000 (MC). In the end, it probably would give enough bonuses to justify such a low auto-attack damage.
    Last edited by SolanMesdane; May 8th, 2015 at 21:51:09.

I considered the 1-1 damage being enough also.

I don't think it has to hit hard at all due to having other features, and since it has damage type override, it would be possible to stack a bunch on with Arul Saba bracers and such anyway.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

I was thinking about this a bit more, and I think it would be more interesting if there was a specific proc for whatever damage type override is used.

This would make sense, since right clicking an item of this type technically "destroys" the item and spawns a band new one. It would be neat if the proc was sorta based on the damage type, also.

Ideas?
    Last edited by Vinkera; May 11th, 2015 at 18:54:49. Reason: auto correct fails :(
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

makes sense, good idea.