Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dual wielding with cyberdecks is now official

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    I was thinking about this a bit more, and I think it would be more interesting if there was a specific proc for whatever damage type override is used.

This would make sense, since right clicking an item of this type technically "destroys" the item and spawns a band new one. It would be neat if the proc was sorta based on the damage type, also.

Ideas?
    I'm not keen on this idea.

For this reason:

There are 8 damage types. So you would need 8 database entries. Each entry has to have its own proc. So that's another 8 entries. And then because AO likes to be convoluted as hell, you'd likely need various different entries at different QL ranges (50, 100,150, 200, 220).

See where I'm going with this? It'd take a lot of time to create something that is for all intents and purposes, a band-aid fix disguised as a buff for Cyberdeck users
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I see this as killing several birds with one stone.

NT's aren't even close to proficient pistol users, and there's nothing else we could plausibly use in the left hand. However, we could use a little boost in the AR department. But then, we've never had any offensive procs. Per the nano documents, we were supposed to get damage type override buffs, and our description is consistent with that but misleading currently.

Multiple entries or not, it's a pretty inclusive fix to several outstanding issues. And, there are plenty of crappy items in this game that could be deleted to make room for something new and useful
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

copy/paste
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    I see this as killing several birds with one stone.

NT's aren't even close to proficient pistol users, and there's nothing else we could plausibly use in the left hand. However, we could use a little boost in the AR department. But then, we've never had any offensive procs. Per the nano documents, we were supposed to get damage type override buffs, and our description is consistent with that but misleading currently.

Multiple entries or not, it's a pretty inclusive fix to several outstanding issues. And, there are plenty of crappy items in this game that could be deleted to make room for something new and useful
    As I said to you ingame about the LE procs, I reckon that was always a mechanical issue, but now with the Cyberdeck being a weapon, offensive LE procs can work. I would even suggest the NT procs being a 10% chance to fire, double that of everyone elses.

But paired with a buffing-proc left hand? That'd be too much in my opinion.

Get the LE procs sorted and leave the Phulak as a buff item imo
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

If it doesn't have any type of proc, then it should have a useful damage range. Either one would be fine with me.

The problem is, if it isn't good in one way or another, no one will bother getting it and just use a stupid Lust. ;p
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

i would rather see nt with 2x cyberdecks, but the 2nd deck option with no stat but just pure dmg to attack with when you press Q

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i would rather see nt with 2x cyberdecks, but the 2nd deck option with no stat but just pure dmg to attack with when you press Q
    That sums up most of it.

Setting brainstorming aside a moment.. That's all Lust users are really looking for, too. We could just use an item that fits our skills better than a pistol.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

If anything, switching up those things you can find in SL that buff nanoskill when held to work in the left hand would be something.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I'd like to see a left hand weapon for nt that maybe gives a proc with a low chance of an effect like spirit siphon for shades.. but preferably the items I am about to describe will spawn in the nt's inventory when a mob dies instead as loot. But maybe as loot would be better, idk.

Think of it as a type soul/notum siphon, when a mob is killed the nt could get the essence of/from the mob. Maybe there could be multiple types of the left hand weapon that give a choice on what type of essence is spawned.

Maybe it can be an item that opens a portal for an mp type pet to manifest or an item that is a mystical box that when opened creates a random temporary armor piece or temp items the nt can use but maybe only on team mates. Or if a mystical box sound too mp-ish maybe a chunk of nutm the nt can extract the random things from?

There are many possibilities of what could be spawned in the inventory.

Aren't NT's supposed to be these masters of nanotech, and notum was supposed to make nanotechnology infinitely more powerful? So shouldn't it be used for more then just nuking? I think a NT should be a mix between an eng and mp kind of, so having a slight chance to manifest some kind doesn't seem too far fetched to me. Maybe they should be able to create shadow rifts?

But siphoning some kind of essence from mobs to use it to help themselves and or team is the main idea.
    Last edited by Enforser; May 14th, 2015 at 07:30:21.

Why not something simple like a thing that converts damage dealt into nano or hp?

I doubt anyone would mind if some of the nano gating was removed from lower level NTs, but I suppose it might be a problem in combination with some of the TL 7 tools.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

In contrast to some of the suggestions listed here, I think we should just keep things simple: a left-handed "weapon" (1-1 damage) that buffs nano skills and/or some other necessary stats like Max HP or more AAD. In addition, it could have a medium-ish chance of proc-ing either buffs for the NT, or debuffs for the enemy. If I had to choose between one or the other (straight-up buffs on the weapon versus procs), I would choose straight-up buffs in a heartbeat.

I liked Vinkera's early idea of it being a weapon that would have to be tradeskilled... perhaps it could have multiple steps like the engineer pistol? Maybe you'd only receive a low-tier version of the gadget (let's say with your first cyberdeck) and you'd have to build upon it as you progress through the levels.

As for Enforser's idea... I think that's taking things a bit too far, similar to Vinkera's damage type-specific procs... if there's too much done with the device, it'll end-up being convoluted, and thus be a bit too difficult to balance properly.

IF this weapon is introduced, they should also nerf the cyberdeck so it grants -2000 to all ranged special attacks. This way, at best, the NT would be limited to using something like an untyped alien pistol in the left hand if they choose to go down the "damage route" instead of using this funky new device we've been brainstorming. I think it's a little unfair to other professions that the NT can also Burst and Fling Shot everything in addition to casting SL nukes.

Don't forget that by dualwielding you reduce the number of attacks per minute from the cyberdeck from 30 to 20. If you want a viable "buffing only" item for the left hand it needs to reflect that.

Well, in reality, it's going to be less than that.

Attacks are constantly interrupted by casting, so if we get some kind of proc or damage, that needs to be considered.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

I'm sure that, through balancing the device's bonuses/procs/whatever, it would be viable to use even if it didn't deal damage in the traditional sense and causes the cyberdeck to attack less often. If somebody doesn't like the lack of damage (despite how trivial it would be), they could always use a pistol. Seems fairly straight-forward to me.

I'm thinking if it had a proc, 1-1 damage would be ok. If not, I would like a legitimate damage range.

Other little buffs would a nice addition either way.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Like Vinkera said, an NT's auto-attacks are constantly being interrupted/delayed by casting. I don't think most NTs would even give a conscious effort to stop casting temporarily so their auto-attack(s) would go off. No matter how I look at it, I don't see an NT losing that much damage even if this device had a 1-1 damage range. Then again, this could all be very different if said device had some sort of potent proc effect; but, even so, casting immediately would most-likely be prioritized over waiting for auto-attacks to go off.
    Last edited by SolanMesdane; May 14th, 2015 at 19:08:00.

just did some testing with dual wielding a low dmg off hand. i used a Solar-Powered Pistol since i didn't have any 1-1 ranged weapons and to take reloading/inits out of the picture. both parses were done at full agg so inits wouldn't be an issue. even with constant casting the off hand was getting in hits more often then i thought it would. so with a decent proc chance and a decent duration, it would be worth it and were not gonna lose much, if any, dps.

cyber deck only -
    Player (Damage/Damage per Minute/Hits/Crits/Crit%/highest hit)
    You ( 1.104.871 / 350.700 / 43 / 8 / 18% / 26.767 )

deck/pistol -
    Player (Damage/Damage per Minute/Hits/Crits/Crit%/highest hit)
    You ( 1.091.344 / 344.580 / 54 / 5 / 9% / 29.960 )
    Last edited by Cdogg421; May 15th, 2015 at 03:44:28.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

:P Just imagine now a lust of xan, with decent burst and fling.... or better yet imagine perfected low recoil.... *drewls beyond control* even 75% OE Perfected low recoil pistol would .... deal omg damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    :P Just imagine now a lust of xan, with decent burst and fling.... or better yet imagine perfected low recoil.... *drewls beyond control* even 75% OE Perfected low recoil pistol would .... deal omg damage.
    Ironically, I can only see a PDKP lowering my overall damage.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Is it even possible to equip one and not suffer excessively after the fact? Far as I can tell, my current setup gives me around 950 shotgun/pistol possible at maxed skills...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast