Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dual wielding with cyberdecks is now official

Am I the only one against the usage of ranged specials as a cyberdeck NT? I think it's fine if you're wanting to use a funky dual-pistol build (like the Candycane + damage build), but being able to use ranged specials and SL nukes at the same time? Isn't that a little overpowered? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SolanMesdane View Post
    Am I the only one against the usage of ranged specials as a cyberdeck NT? I think it's fine if you're wanting to use a funky dual-pistol build (like the Candycane + damage build), but being able to use ranged specials and SL nukes at the same time? Isn't that a little overpowered? Lol.
    i think the general consensus is that most NT's don't like the idea of using a pistol, that's why were brain storming a new item that is more tech related and functional
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Yeah, I know, I've been involved in the design process for this new item.... I'm also one of those NTs that doesn't like the idea of using a pistol myself. I appreciate your contributions thus far, Cdogg!

I've definitely made it clear I don't like the idea of combining weapon specials and SL nukes.

I thought about it a bit, and I guess it doesn't really make that much of a difference if someone uses a pistol or not. In a proper damage setup, there isn't much room to make pistol work well enough to use, anyway. If I were to take off gear to make it work, it would cost me, near as makes no difference, the same damage I'd gain.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

I wasn't being literal when I asked that. I know that you've voiced your concern about it to a great extent, Vinkera.

Wielding a pistol with no specials would be a minute damage increase, even with OSBs.

I really do hope something positive comes out of this thread... even if this device that's been brainstormed doesn't come to fruition.
    Last edited by SolanMesdane; May 18th, 2015 at 20:20:25. Reason: Cleaning.

I don't see the value in cluttering things up with gimmicky stat/proc-stick offhands. Just figure out a way to make the deck single-wield only and call it a day.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

That would be fine with me, but if there's no way to do it, at least we've thought up a completely over complicated solution. :P
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Nano-Glove:

Ammo type: Self supplied
    Damage: 1-1(2)
    Speed:
    Attack 1s
    Recharge 1s
    Equip delay: 8.00s
    Initiative: Nano Init
    Range: 30m
    Dual wield: Multi Ranged 100
    Max beneficial skill: 3000
    Attack skills: Matter Crea 100%
    Defence skills: Nano Resist 100%
    Modifier:
    On User:
    Modify All Damage types +50
    Direct Nano Damage Efficiency 2%
    Modify NanoC. Init. 250

Able to wear 2 gloves for froob friendly item or single left hand to compliment cyber deck. +100 dmg, 4% nuke dmg, and 500 init for 2 gloves not a bad deal for froob NT's and not really enough to make paid NT's give up deck. Could be TL6 lvl locked.

I am not a fan of proc ideas because NT's are too busy nuking to sit and wait for "weapons" to fire off.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234