Thread: Clan vs Omni-Tek

Question Clan vs Omni-Tek

So I'm a true "New Arrival" and I've been trying to find info on Clan and Omni-Tek... and the way it sounds is Rebel vs. Imperial from the SWG days I had. So other then having different armors, is there a benefit to going one over the other? Or a hotlink to a previous topic would work too.

Thanks!

Ultimately there's no permanent advantage to going for one over the other. They each have their own little unique quirks, some of which can change over time anyway (like side XP bonus from tower sites). Orgs are restricted by Faction choice, and certain Shadowlands activities that involve sided mobs will keep the factions seperate - other than that you can team up with, talk to, trade with etc anyone. Neutrals have distinct advantages and disadvantages compared to Clan and Omni in addition. It would be worth playing about on lowbies of all factions and see which experience you prefer (hubs, community, orgs, travel options etc). You could opt to start off Neutral which gives you a good overview of both by virtue of being able to see both sides' chat, team with both to no real detriment and move through almost all their territory without NPC guards getting shooty at you Then pick a side if you want to.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Morrdak View Post
    So I'm a true "New Arrival" and I've been trying to find info on Clan and Omni-Tek... and the way it sounds is Rebel vs. Imperial from the SWG days I had. So other then having different armors, is there a benefit to going one over the other? Or a hotlink to a previous topic would work too.

Thanks!
    Unlike SWG/SWTOR Your faction does not affect your characters in the same way, UNLESS you stay neutral then you really are missing out on many items, token boards for one. there very very few items mostly social that are affected but for the most part only end-game shadow breeds are different (these are a short affect perk with a lonnnnnng cool down) stats and gear wise it's pretty much.
    Just go with what you feel suits you, try both on different characters and decide.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Neutrals can travel safely on RK through all Omni cities and all Clan except TIR. Even there you're safe by the woompas. It's only the gates out of the city where you're in danger. The ease of travel as a neutral helps a lot for learning. (Biomare dungeon for example.)

Oh and if you are a new player in Arete, it's worth mentioning grabbing some gear BEFORE you leave.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...ld-watch-first
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Awesome, thanks everyone... I typically just play a Tank style protector so I may remain neutral just for ease of getting around and helping/grouping.

Also thank you Caloss, I have gone through alot of your videos already. Liked alot of the videos and I subscribed to your channel on YouTube as well.
    Last edited by Morrdak; May 7th, 2015 at 17:35:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Unlike SWG/SWTOR Your faction does not affect your characters in the same way, UNLESS you stay neutral then you really are missing out on many items, token boards for one.
    Developers have always hated neutrals.

Quote Originally Posted by Literary View Post
    Neutrals can travel safely on RK through all Omni cities and all Clan except TIR. Even there you're safe by the woompas. It's only the gates out of the city where you're in danger. The ease of travel as a neutral helps a lot for learning. (Biomare dungeon for example.)
    This is one of the things I enjoyed about being Neutral. I can go any place I want. TIR isn't too bad if one can fly.