Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zone quests for level 1-200

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    Why not give them something fun, worthwhile, and highly rewarding in XP? Very few people want to spend months to a year just leveling.

Adding alternatives to kite teams that give roughly equal rewards for the time spent will hurt nothing but the incomes of people who make money by kiting, and I really could not care less about them.
    Gear and credit acquisition has already been left far behind in comparison to xp. Speeding up the rate of xp even more will make it worse. The amount of people that qq at the standard of team members ability to perform due to being under geared or equipped is quite high as it is. I don't think people should be rewarded with such high rates of xp. The amount of xp per hour overall has been improved a number of times and every single time, as time has passed, people have gotten used to the new amount, considered it not enough and qq'd for more. Its a cyclical argument that just feeds off greed and unwillingness to earn or work towards reward. Nobody has any need whatso ever to work for years to gain levels in this game, that haven't had for a long time. Why not just take off any xp limits and reward all characters upon creation with enough xp to gain 220 levels so people can have an end game character instantly with no effort. We might as well ask for something like this now and cut out all the qqing between now and then because that's where we are heading. Earn your 220. Or use the already implemented methods. I'm nit against new quests being introduced to give players more to do on the journey and I'm not even against an increase but such huge increases as comparable to kite team levelling is stupid.

The items "XP Reward" and "Mini XP Reward" give some kind of a % level's worth of XP, and scale down to lower percentages as your level increases. That's why I figured "Mini XP Reward" might make sense. I can't recall how much that specifically gives based on level, though. There was a spreadsheet on it somewhere...

I know RK missions are some old school witchcraft, but if this were possible to simply add the item as a reward, I think it would help retain new players. They would then have a way of actually leveling rather quick (other than daily's), and a reason to team outside static dungeons and stuff.

I personally would do them, because RK missions are just awesome, but then there would be an actual reason other than spontaniously doing something random out of boredom, or looking for specific loot.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    The items "XP Reward" and "Mini XP Reward" give some kind of a % level's worth of XP, and scale down to lower percentages as your level increases. That's why I figured "Mini XP Reward" might make sense. I can't recall how much that specifically gives based on level, though. There was a spreadsheet on it somewhere...

I know RK missions are some old school witchcraft, but if this were possible to simply add the item as a reward, I think it would help retain new players. They would then have a way of actually leveling rather quick (other than daily's), and a reason to team outside static dungeons and stuff.

I personally would do them, because RK missions are just awesome, but then there would be an actual reason other than spontaniously doing something random out of boredom, or looking for specific loot.
    Quick Back-Up Reference stuff:

Daily XP Reward
    Daily Mini-XP Reward
    Daily AIXP Reward
    Daily Mini-AIXP Reward
    Daily VP Reward

There's more stuff.. like the Reward items for the old and new SL missions as well as Token rewards, etc.
    Just type Reward on the aoitems search bar and look 'em up!
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    Quick Back-Up Reference stuff:

Daily XP Reward
    Daily Mini-XP Reward
    Daily AIXP Reward
    Daily Mini-AIXP Reward
    Daily VP Reward

There's more stuff.. like the Reward items for the old and new SL missions as well as Token rewards, etc.
    Just type Reward on the aoitems search bar and look 'em up!
    I didn't realize that was so spelled out on aoitems... Nice.

The one I was refering to was this one, though:

https://aoitems.com/item/286991/mini-xp-reward/

It's a nice little boost. Not game breakingly awesome, nor as fast as even a legit heckler team, but a good reward for RK. It seems to fit, without really stepping on the toes of paid alternatives.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    I didn't realize that was so spelled out on aoitems... Nice.

The one I was refering to was this one, though:

https://aoitems.com/item/286991/mini-xp-reward/

It's a nice little boost. Not game breakingly awesome, nor as fast as even a legit heckler team, but a good reward for RK. It seems to fit, without really stepping on the toes of paid alternatives.
    My bad! Too used to look up the daily ones.
    But yeah, aoitems is pretty great on this stuff! Demoder <3
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by Bainzy View Post
    Adding a daily reward would be too much I feel, especially at low levels.

However, I do concur that an XP/Credit increase is certainly in demand for RK missions.
    Perhaps 1/5th of a level per mission, so a %TotalXP hit - with mob XP on top - would be a good idea?
    5 missions per level seems like a decent and reasonable hit.
    Obviously towards the upper end, that would need a tweak, because it takes more than 5 daily hits to level up there, but I think sub 150 that 5 missions/level is a fair amount.

I wouldn't hold out hope though, last I checked, the RK missions were oldschool voodoo and not something Michi and anyone else working on AO is well versed in. It would presumably require a lot of dev time to tamper with them, just to ensure they didn't get broken!
    Bump for this. Something anything please lol.
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    Gear and credit acquisition has already been left far behind in comparison to xp. Speeding up the rate of xp even more will make it worse. The amount of people that qq at the standard of team members ability to perform due to being under geared or equipped is quite high as it is.
    Then make it easier for leveling characters to get acceptable gear without support from rich/high level characters. FC already took a tentative first step with the changes to what weapons and armor you can get in shops. They just need to continue in that direction.

Rest of your post is just bitter "grr lazy entitled players!!!" whining so I'm not going to bother with it.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

this is totally the wrong mindset and perspective. why do you care why someone else plays mmo.

the fact of the matter is AO is EXTREMELY fun as a solo game if you multibox. The fun is not due to multiboxing itself (which brings a lot of annoyances) but because now you can always progress and don't spend time waiting for teams and things out of your control, this unlocks the game's vast open options and the social aspects add to it. forcing it to be always team oriented just makes people quit since no one wants to spend hours just looking for a team.

if the solo progression was more viable then that fun can be had for all. Teaming and social interactions can be icing on the cake instead of the cake itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dollcet View Post
    *Shakes Head*

Elite Daily ... thats why i said "regular Daily " , most Elite Dailys are rather badly balanced and/or not in a Instanced Places so its no wonder People Dual-log or bring a TL7 .*
    Yeah People could use Dual-log for my Suggestion too but if somebody is that desperate to play solo.... why play any MMO ?

*Personally i delete any damn Smugglers Den Mishes the Agency hands my Froobs, before Dailys came i liked that Place (farmed several NS I), way too Overrun now.

Solo xp in sl is viable, you just have to put in the effort to make toons good enough to solo mobs that give good xp. Personally I choose to put in the effort at 90-100 to solo ely hecks or carry a team of bads on any prof for faster xp. If you don't you can box 3 mediocre toons to make up for it. I don't want to see the natural leveling curve tuned towards power level xp, there is a lot of good content 1-150 that will get passed by. If anything there needs to be another power leveling spot to accommodate people who want to play that way.

Then make it easier for leveling characters to get acceptable gear without support from rich/high level characters. FC already took a tentative first step with the changes to what weapons and armor you can get in shops. They just need to continue in that direction.

Rest of your post is just bitter "grr lazy entitled players!!!" whining so I'm not going to bother with it.
    Nonsense, its an oppinion, one that raises some true points but its an oppinion that differs with yours and your obvious drainbamage makes you dislike oppinions that differ from yours. Im glad you likened what I say with Lazy because to me that says it all... I never mentioned lazy but obviously deep down you feel it. It isnt me thats whining lol... your the whiner... not satisfied with what we get but ive stated twice already that im not opposed to new quests that offer more channels to gain xp and I've stated that im not even against getting an increase in XP but your drainbammage kicking in again stops you seeing whats in front of you and just allows you to cry over things you wish to take notice of. Its ok though... keep crying for more. Past history shows it works. Good luck, I'll just leave you to it.

Yes, i agree. Personally i got the resources to buy high end gear for every TL. But honestly i dont want to spend 1b just for leveling gear. And the leveling experience should be tailored around first time players.
    FC has made a great first step, i just hope they follow up

Quote Originally Posted by semisentient View Post
    this is totally the wrong mindset and perspective. why do you care why someone else plays mmo.

the fact of the matter is AO is EXTREMELY fun as a solo game if you multibox. The fun is not due to multiboxing itself (which brings a lot of annoyances) but because now you can always progress and don't spend time waiting for teams and things out of your control, this unlocks the game's vast open options and the social aspects add to it. forcing it to be always team oriented just makes people quit since no one wants to spend hours just looking for a team.

if the solo progression was more viable then that fun can be had for all. Teaming and social interactions can be icing on the cake instead of the cake itself.
    Im almost never logged in with only one toon at a time. One of my favorite things about this game is the ability to dual log.

Quote Originally Posted by Samcon View Post
    Solo xp in sl is viable, you just have to put in the effort to make toons good enough to solo mobs that give good xp. Personally I choose to put in the effort at 90-100 to solo ely hecks or carry a team of bads on any prof for faster xp. If you don't you can box 3 mediocre toons to make up for it. I don't want to see the natural leveling curve tuned towards power level xp, there is a lot of good content 1-150 that will get passed by. If anything there needs to be another power leveling spot to accommodate people who want to play that way.
    Its viable, but i higly doubt a first time leveler will be able to solo hecks at lvl 100, and even if he decided to go though the process of twinking, it would take him longer than the time dailies would raise him beyond his initial twink plan. And when you are done killing approx 2k heclers[1], your stuck at 150, and now you have to camp for teams in Ado; which are rare, if any they usually include a 220. One of the important points is that you shouldnt have to twink on high end gear to access viable leveling methods. There is a lot of good content, but the problem is its not even comparable to kite teams. If FC makes it comparable we would see an increase in the activity there. DR was a good addition, but i dont see a lot of activity there: i assume this is because its not comparable to the xp return of doing other stuff.

Nonsense, its an oppinion, one that raises some true points but its an oppinion that differs with yours and your obvious drainbamage makes you dislike oppinions that differ from yours. Im glad you likened what I say with Lazy because to me that says it all... I never mentioned lazy but obviously deep down you feel it. It isnt me thats whining lol... your the whiner... not satisfied with what we get but ive stated twice already that im not opposed to new quests that offer more channels to gain xp and I've stated that im not even against getting an increase in XP but your drainbammage kicking in again stops you seeing whats in front of you and just allows you to cry over things you wish to take notice of. Its ok though... keep crying for more. Past history shows it works. Good luck, I'll just leave you to it.
    To brain and gresh: please dont start anything personal accusations. It doesnt help with the case we are trying to make in this thread.

[1]: Calced by TL4 xp amount devided by 150k per heckler, then rounded up to account for the 10 first levels + some research

Bumpy Bumpy.

New quests, better RK mish XP/XP-rewards and better accessibility for leveling gear are good suggestions. Even though made plenty of times already, maybe this time it will be heard.

Only thing: I wouldn't support the idea of more capped rewards. I'm personally not interested in leveling my chars faster, faster, faster; I just want to have something worthwhile to do at any given time.

Another thing that has crossed my mind recently was the idea of a RK-Doja/Froob-Doja -however- that gives 1/2 or 1/3 of the SL Version. Preferably dropping in level restricted areas like Subway, Foremans etc.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootez View Post
    This. If RK missions were half the XP, I would absolutely LOVE to level in this game. I love those missions and if they were viable, I would do them. I'd probably even feel better about the game as a whole as well.
    Yep - RK missions are great feature to the game - story telling and entertainment (traps, chests, various mobs, ect.) but XP could use a boost over there.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

I ve leveled few characters almost entirely solo and quite fast.
    Here are some most important points: (valid from around level 100)
    1. Always do all daily missions esp. alien daily
    2. Do all quests in Ely (fom yuttos mostly) however do not atempt missions in catacoombs below level 140-149.
    3. Do all garden and sanctuary keys they give not only good XP but also speed up your traveling around SL, doing quests etc.
    4. Around 160-165 (when important abilities and skills are locked) retwink as this set up will determine how easy/fast you will reach level 200.
    5. When you retwink :
    a. Do Dark Ruins solo quest so you'll be able to do team mini dailies as well as get 1 Doja chip/day
    b. Do Scheol Quest (Scientists and Yuttos) - I know they are long and booring but they give a lot of XP as reward and quite fast
    c. Progress with Adonis and Penumbra garden and sanctuary keys as well as Yutto's quests (Do not start them too early unless you have high level character support)

Doing the above things only will quite easily level you from 100-120 to 180-200 depending on the amount of XP gear, number of dailies etc. Even more important is that you will learn/get to know how to play your proffesion and keep quite high AI level compared to your level (not like kite gimps you can easily recognize eg. level 200+ with AI level bellow 10 or even 5.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    I ve leveled few characters almost entirely solo and quite fast.
    Here are some most important points: (valid from around level 100)
    1. Always do all daily missions esp. alien daily
    2. Do all quests in Ely (fom yuttos mostly) however do not atempt missions in catacoombs below level 140-149.
    3. Do all garden and sanctuary keys they give not only good XP but also speed up your traveling around SL, doing quests etc.
    4. Around 160-165 (when important abilities and skills are locked) retwink as this set up will determine how easy/fast you will reach level 200.
    5. When you retwink :
    a. Do Dark Ruins solo quest so you'll be able to do team mini dailies as well as get 1 Doja chip/day
    b. Do Scheol Quest (Scientists and Yuttos) - I know they are long and booring but they give a lot of XP as reward and quite fast
    c. Progress with Adonis and Penumbra garden and sanctuary keys as well as Yutto's quests (Do not start them too early unless you have high level character support)

Doing the above things only will quite easily level you from 100-120 to 180-200 depending on the amount of XP gear, number of dailies etc. Even more important is that you will learn/get to know how to play your proffesion and keep quite high AI level compared to your level (not like kite gimps you can easily recognize eg. level 200+ with AI level bellow 10 or even 5.
    Ive always saved scheol/ado/pen quest until 217, cause they used to get you to 219.something with full research. Yes, its a choice I make to not spend that xp there. But should there really only be one way of leveling 1-200? I think we could use more options,making zone quests or bumping rk-mission would add variety and a be a viable option.

People are talking like you have such a long trek to 200. Like you have to trawl through so much to get to 200 or 220 and then you can start playing the game. The game consists of 220 levels per char, not slug it out for 200 levels or 220 levels and THEN you can start playing the game. The game is all the way through. If you dont enjoy playing it it doesnt HAVE to be played. What happens at 200 or 220 that doesnt happen at the rest of the game? From what ive seen, people get to end level and then dont really play that much on that char. NEw characters are rolled and the process is repeated. This is a request to speed up the levelling process which ultimately just speeds up the rate at which the char gets discarded in favour of a newer one. Speeding the game up too much just caters for the multiboxers and the people who are bored at the game. If you enjoy playing the game, you will enjoy it regardless. if certain changes are required before you can enjoy the game then chances are you wont enjoy it regardless of what changes are made.

People are talking like you have such a long trek to 200. Like you have to trawl through so much to get to 200 or 220 and then you can start playing the game. The game consists of 220 levels per char, not slug it out for 200 levels or 220 levels and THEN you can start playing the game. The game is all the way through. If you dont enjoy playing it it doesnt HAVE to be played. What happens at 200 or 220 that doesnt happen at the rest of the game? From what ive seen, people get to end level and then dont really play that much on that char. NEw characters are rolled and the process is repeated. This is a request to speed up the levelling process which ultimately just speeds up the rate at which the char gets discarded in favour of a newer one. Speeding the game up too much just caters for the multiboxers and the people who are bored at the game. If you enjoy playing the game, you will enjoy it regardless. if certain changes are required before you can enjoy the game then chances are you wont enjoy it regardless of what changes are made.
    It is a long trek when the best leveling option is grinding mobs. My hope is that we can have something that is a bit more mission/quest sentric leveling methods.

For people who have 220s already. The game is almost stale at certain lvls. Rk could use some xp love. Not a crazy amount, but enough that when you're lvl 120 and pull a mission you can see some progress on xp bar. Its discouraging to work for an hour an see no forward motion. I persoanlly have fun leveling from about 25- 205. Then the pointless and mundane inf grind happen. I hate inf. Its boring as hell. I shouldnt have to suffer though unenjoyable gameplay to get to 220. It would be amazing if there were level specific content to eaxh level. But theres not and unlikely to ever be. But there are level range specific areas and quests. But the xp isnt good and thus it becomes as tedious and repetitive as inf grind. I have too many characters basically unplayed around 180 - 210. I dontvfeel like dragging yourself through something you dislike is how you "earn" a 220.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12