Thread: Remove Omni Tag from Aban Fala bracers

Remove Omni Tag from Aban Fala bracers

Please? Please.

You may be interested in these bracers, which drop in new inferno missions like the Aban Fala ones.

On the other hand if this is about wanting neutral access by changing the tags to != clan and != omni instead, please disregard, I'm all for that.

Why? There's clan versions...... Farm those or trade your omni ones.

Lol.
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

No, I had to change from Neutral for no reasons D:

Quote Originally Posted by Litestrider View Post
    You may be interested in these bracers, which drop in new inferno missions like the Aban Fala ones.

On the other hand if this is about wanting neutral access by changing the tags to != clan and != omni instead, please disregard, I'm all for that.

And why is TL1/2 gear dropping in Inferno missions? The stupidity of AO's game design...

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    And why is TL1/2 gear dropping in Inferno missions? The stupidity of AO's game design...
    What's stupid about it? High level players help out low level players all the time. There are tons of things that high level players can get which are largely to the benefit of lowbies. This is always how the game has been. AO is also somewhat unusual in that the level-locked playfields make it so that the lowbies can help the high levels out in turn, something most MMOs don't really allow for.

I think it's an extremely smart design, and I think we need more level-locked areas, because without things like these which aren't immediately useful to the player who farms them the community will tend to become very segregated based on their levels. If you've got a 220 doing raids or making credits or whatever, and a level 10 asks for someone to come help him kill Nascence Hoathlans, you'll likely say "meh". On the other hand if you find this awesome bracer which could let you twink a lowbie much harder, you're going to be inclined to start that lowbie, to help that guy level, and to continue playing that lowbie once you've made him.

Quote Originally Posted by Litestrider View Post
    What's stupid about it? High level players help out low level players all the time. There are tons of things that high level players can get which are largely to the benefit of lowbies. This is always how the game has been. AO is also somewhat unusual in that the level-locked playfields make it so that the lowbies can help the high levels out in turn, something most MMOs don't really allow for.

I think it's an extremely smart design, and I think we need more level-locked areas, because without things like these which aren't immediately useful to the player who farms them the community will tend to become very segregated based on their levels. If you've got a 220 doing raids or making credits or whatever, and a level 10 asks for someone to come help him kill Nascence Hoathlans, you'll likely say "meh". On the other hand if you find this awesome bracer which could let you twink a lowbie much harder, you're going to be inclined to start that lowbie, to help that guy level, and to continue playing that lowbie once you've made him.

Lol, rationalizations from the farmhouse. While there are examples of people with high level toons helping new players we all know that the game revolves around farming gear with high level toons for alts or GMI. Not to give away stuff. AO as not always been as it is now. But it certainly lost players when it became a farm.

There are almost no cases where the help of a lowby toon is needed, and the few exceptions are not a good or reliable source of income. Because anything a noob can do, a twinked alt can do better and faster. However typed alien weapons or anything else a lowby toon needs for leveling can be found on GMI for dozens of millions of credits. Most gear that someone can farm on their first toon is garbage, and to have access to decent gear all there is is GMI.

It is a game design so smart that none of the successful MMO's has ever adopted it. It is unique to AO, a game so popular...

And then suddenly you change from it is good because we help noobs to, finding some cool gadget might make you roll an alt. How about finding (or farming it) with the toon of the intended level? Most people will roll a new toon if they know there is a new gadget they can farm, no matter if it is with 220's, level X twinks or with their new toon. Most AO players already have twinks they can log to help themselves or new players. The silly pseudo-argument that a new gadget will make them roll new alts to help other people is an excuse you just made up.

Just want an "hacked" version for neut . Bump!
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    ...Most gear that someone can farm on their first toon is garbage, and to have access to decent gear all there is is GMI...
    Your dichotomous thinking, pessimism and refusal to interact with people is crippling your outlook and effectiveness.

You've claimed that interaction between people is pointless and nonexistent, and then presented an issue which exists only if you refuse to interact with people. The only issue I see here is you, to be blunt. A lowbie having to buy something off the GMI or from other players is no issue at all, in fact it's a good thing because again it fosters interaction between different players.

You've tried to create a dichotomy between "real lowbies" and "twinked alts", but this doesn't exist either. The way I always encourage people to level, and the way I level myself, is to twink yourself as you go. You can gather/buy gear at level 25, 60, 100, 150, 200, and a couple other spots, and farm things to fund making yourself powerful and then leveling to the next good level lock. Your refusal to recognize this stems from yet another false dichotomy which I've quoted. The gear you can farm/buy as a new/first character is not garbage, it's simply not the very best. Missing some damage, or some AR, or whatever doesn't render a character useless, in fact if they're clever and attentive they can beat out experienced players with top-end gear quite often, whether in PvP or competing for PvM farming. You see a lot of newbies running around in crap gear, but this is largely due to a lack of experience and a focus on leveling over gearing up, rather than an actual lack of available gear or profitable ventures.

Get out, make some friends, farm/buy/sell some stuff. It's really not that bad, honest.

I want in to whatever magical, divergent reality you seem to be a part of, Litestrider.

Gimpy is spot on and the state of low/mid level content makes that crystal clear.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

A TL2 item that only drops in Inferno is bloody stupid. Perhaps it's supposed to appear in the loot tables of temple mobs in earlier zones but for some reason isn't dropping?

Also bamp for hackable version.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

it used to drop in nasc of the sided boses , but those where killed nonestop over them, so they gave the mobs perm imunity , but never bothered to move the bracers somewhere else.

Yeah, so they were lost to all but the couple left after all these years(I think there were maybe 1-2 of them still around when they started dropping again) so this is a welcome change to have them dropping period. I'm all for having them drop off lower mobs sure, but they would probably run into the same problem as before.

It was only a problem because the mobs that dropped them also happened to be quest NPCs. The fix at the time was to make then unattackable and call it a day.

I know, but what mobs should drop them now that would make sense for the game in both a "player" sense and a "story" sense

There are a couple of named Unredeemed Mobs in Nascence that drop Spec 1. They might as well drop these Bracers then too.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    There are a couple of named Unredeemed Mobs in Nascence that drop Spec 1. They might as well drop these Bracers then too.

Or they could drop from any of the named mobs that populate some of the static dungeons. They don't need to drop all the time from the same 2 or 3 easy to camp mobs. Just rename them to a more generic name.

Not directly on topic, but Aban Fala's Bracer of Mental Strength seems to have unintended UNIQUE tag, making it impossible to dual-wield.