Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why NT's should no longer have NS or NS II

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    If another NT asks me why don't we have pets, awesome evades, or heals, my answer would be, because we have NS/NBA.
    This is a very good point, and it honestly makes me think that a better outcome of this thread would be to make NS and NS2 (or perhaps a new nano in-between) more accessible to all NTs. It got a great deal more accessible with 18.7 but both nanos are still extremely rare, especially for being arguably NT's primary defense and a defense important enough for them to disable some of their strongest offensive nanos to use. Once the majority of NTs had access to NS it would be a lot easier to balance around it, whether it needs buffed, nerfed, removed, or changed altogether.

I'm sure that's precisely the change that was on Bohemothman's mind when he made this thread, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    You know thats a garbage argument for anyone but a shade, and even then its terrible, I really don't know why some people still cling to it.
    Garbage argument or not, it's relevant because it directly parallels the logic used in a lot of the arguments leveled against NT and justifications for removing NS or otherwise nerfing NT. It really is a unique situation for NT to be so wholly dependent on their nano pool and nanoskills. If a general perkline were added which gave anyone who trained it +15000 AAD in exchange for -15000 weapon skills, a great number of profs would take it, and the forums would likely explode from all the rageposts, and yet that's really what NR is against NTs. You could argue for further expansion of the nanodeck attacks and dual wielding, but Vinkera seems opposed to that, and I think I agree. This overreliance of NTs on their nanos is one of the things that makes the profession so unique.

I think this argument pops up so frequently less because it's a rock-solid irrefutable argument, and more because it's one that causes people to think about the unusual situation NT sits in. Thinking about them in the same vein as other profs is where a lot of the misunderstandings and misplaced hatred comes from. In fact I have a hunch that most of the anti-NT sentiment comes from people who see a NT and approach them the same way every time, and then get destroyed when that NT has shifted focus and counters them for being predictable. Now that swapping between offensive and defensive focus is actually reasonable, I think being able to swing from lightning offense to a defensive build is one of NT's greatest (or at least coolest!) abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    No.

Need I say more?

Yes.

To be sincere, NTs are fine. They are either glass cannon nuking you do death but as fragile as wet paper, or huge titanium tank defense and paperball offense. Or the OP really thinks NTs have both stellar offense and defensen at same time? Protip: they lock eachother like many already said.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

NS2 is a scrub check. If you stand there like a deer in the headlights while the NT slowly nukes you down, you need to git gud.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12