Thread: Tradeskilling Instruction Disc (Cellular Restoration)

Tradeskilling Instruction Disc (Cellular Restoration)

Did the tradeskilling process change for Instruction Disc's?

The Instruction Disc no longer says what school/group of nano programs it is in ... medical vs psi, etc.

""Instruction Disc (Cellular Restoration): This data storage disc contains the raw nanobot AI programming for a nano program. If combined with a Prepared Program Crystal, it will make a Nano Crystal.""

I tried this one with Medical (what it used to say before 18.7) and it will not combine ...

Is this a bug or did the process change?

Emma

Celluar Restoration used to be "Continuous Reconstruction".

Compiled Algorithm (Continuous Reconstruction) was renamed & invalidated, to Shattered Instruction Disc. There is no compiled algorithm for celluar restoration.

It does indeed look like there is a bug with the tradeskilling process for this nano, and possibly for all nanos which were renamed.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Celluar Restoration used to be "Continuous Reconstruction".

Compiled Algorithm (Continuous Reconstruction) was renamed & invalidated, to Shattered Instruction Disc. There is no compiled algorithm for celluar restoration.

It does indeed look like there is a bug with the tradeskilling process for this nano, and possibly for all nanos which were renamed.
    The one I have is the Instruction Disc and it is not Shattered ... just won't combine and is missing its "school" in its description.

Emma

edit: I tried the old Gnat's Wing which changed to Steady Nerves ... my Gnat's Wing Instruction Disc still says it is a Gnat's Wing and has the old assembly instructions. If I build it up will it become a Steady Nerves Nano crystal?

edit: Yes ... Gnat's Wing Instruction Disc assembles into a Steady Nerves nano crystal, but Gnat's Wing instruction disc did Not get its Icon or description changed by 18.7.

Instruction Disc Continuous Reconstruction DID get its Name & Icon changed and a changed description as well by 18.7

edit: four examples of ID's that ONLY had their icon changed by 18.7 that likely also need fixing since they have the same "broken assembly instructions":

Instruction Disc (Fell Rage)
    Rarity: Normal
    Quality level: 50
    Charges: 1 (Splitable)
    Description:
    This data storage disc contains the raw nanobot AI programming for a nano program. If combined with a Prepared Program Crystal, it will make a Nano Crystal.

Instruction Disc (Mongo Bash!)
    Quality level: 66
    Description:
    This data storage disc contains the raw nanobot AI programming for a nano program. If combined with a Prepared Program Crystal, it will make a Nano Crystal.

Instruction Disc (Natural Healing)
    Quality level: 76
    Description:

Instruction Disc (Cut Red Tape)
    Quality level: 159
    Description:

edit: I petitioned in-game and the GM could not fix my Celluar Restoration instruction disc ... he is submitting a report. I also submitted a Bug report
    Last edited by Emma; May 18th, 2015 at 20:42:05. Reason: more bugged ID's petition & bug report

Funcom employee

Hello - I did some digging, and it seems there is a new method for making nano crystals, that may only apply to the crystals with updated icons? Seems ~60 discs were affected. Anyway, the process is as follows:

Step 1: Jensen Personal Ore Extractor + Carbonrich Rock = Carbonrich Ore

Step 2: Isotope Separator + Carbonrich Ore = Pure Carbon Crystal

Step 3: Neutron Displacer + Pure Carbon Crystal = Program Crystal

Step 4: Photon Particle Emitter + Program Crystal = Prepared Program Crystal

Step 5: Prepared Program Crystal + Disc = Nano Crystal
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Hello - I did some digging, and it seems there is a new method for making nano crystals, that may only apply to the crystals with updated icons? Seems ~60 discs were affected. Anyway, the process is as follows:

Result of Michi's steps 1 thru 4 ... Yeah!!! it worked!

Prepared Program Crystal
    Quality level: 178
    Description:
    This crystal has been prepared with a Photon Particle Emitter and is ready to be programmed to upload a nano program.

Results of Last Step #5 ...

Requires Nano Programming of 7 times the quality of the nano program? ID is ql 146 in this example. Or, 5.75 times the quality of the prepared program crystal ... ?

It is theoretically possible to combine "Prepared Program Crystal" with "Instruction Disc (Cellular Restoration)". But you need at least 1022 in NanoProgramming.

However, after multiple nano programming items are equipped ... and some MP love ...

You combined "Prepared Program Crystal" with "Instruction Disc (Cellular Restoration)" and the result is a quality level 146 "Nano Crystal (Cellular Restoration)".

The old process only required 4.5 or 5 times the ql of the program crystal in nano programming skill. This new process either required 7 times the quality of the ID or approx. 6 times the quality of the program crystal in nano programming skill. Either way it took approx. 150 more points in nano programming for the same nano using the old process.

Thank you very much for "finding" this new process, but could you Please twink the nano programming skill requirements down a notch or two?

Thanks,

Emma

p.s. AO-Universe folks ... please update your guide ...

Is this a permanent change, or will these new-icon nanos go back to the same process as all other instruction discs?
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    Is this a permanent change, or will these new-icon nanos go back to the same process as all other instruction discs?
    Well .... Michi phrased it this way: Hello - I did some digging, and it seems there is a new method for making nano crystals, that may only apply to the crystals with updated icons?

It sounds like it will stay to me, but who knows. It could even be that eventually all ID's will use this new method? It could reduce the number of items in the db by allowing all those medical, protection, psi, combat, space parts to go away. FC already moved the nano parts in with other parts in the ICC tradeskill shop section.

Emma

...and can we have the original NP required back...pretty, pretty please?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Well .... Michi phrased it this way: Hello - I did some digging, and it seems there is a new method for making nano crystals, that may only apply to the crystals with updated icons?

It sounds like it will stay to me, but who knows. It could even be that eventually all ID's will use this new method? It could reduce the number of items in the db by allowing all those medical, protection, psi, combat, space parts to go away. FC already moved the nano parts in with other parts in the ICC tradeskill shop section.

Emma
    Before I start rewriting AOU guides, I wanted to make sure that I don't have to undo it a few weeks down the road. Also it's a bit nebulous to have to say "some nanos (perhaps the ones with new icons) have a different tradeskill process". I have it on my to-do list, and will add a comment to that guide for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    Before I start rewriting AOU guides, I wanted to make sure that I don't have to undo it a few weeks down the road. Also it's a bit nebulous to have to say "some nanos (perhaps the ones with new icons) have a different tradeskill process". I have it on my to-do list, and will add a comment to that guide for now.
    That makes perfect sense ...

The way to tell these new different tradeskill ones apart from the Old ones is in their description. The new/different ones start out their description with "This data storage disc ... " and they do not have any reference to the 'school' it belongs to (medical, space, etc.). The new ones are not from QuarkStor(tm).

The old ones description starts out with "This QuarkStor(tm) data storage disc ..." and includes reference to which school of library to apply it to.

As I make up the others that I have I will try to determine the skill requirement multiples and which item they measure from.

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post

Ok, I checked step one for skills required and it appears to be the same as the "old" equivalent step. I did not check steps 2 or 3 as they are the same steps as the "old" process so I made the "assumption" that they would also be the same as the "old" step.

Step 4 is the first "New" step since it does not involve any Space/Medical/Psi/Protection/Combat parts. The skills required for the new process appear to only require Nano Programming, instead of EE and FQP as in the "old" process.

The PPE (from engineering supplies) needs to be at least 25% of of the Program Crystal (PC) created with steps 1-3.
    Combining the PPE with the PC requires Nano Programing skill of approx. 4.25 times the ql of the PC ... with the result being the Prepared Program Crystal (PPC). I checked two different qualities ...

Note that step 4 with the New process requires 4.25 x QL of the PC while the Old process requires 4.5 x QL of the PC ... of different skills.

Step 5 is also New and appears to only require Nano Programming skills ... However, the skill requirements Jumps Substantially as compared to the Old process. The Old process required 4.7 & 4.5 of two skills similar to the Old step 4 which required 4.5 of two skills.
    The New process requires 7 x QL of the PPC to combine it with the disc to make the Nano Crystal. The skill required for step 5 is 7 times the quality of the instruction disc, not the PPC. I checked the same disc with 3 different qualities of PPC's.

Jumping from 4+ x QL for step 4 of the Old & New process all the way to 7 x QL is a bit "over the top". That means it would take in excess of 1500 points in Nano Programming to make the higher quality discs ... Creation: Azure Cobra of Orma for example.

Please reduce the multiplier for Step 5 back down to a similar multiplier as the Old prosess ... something near 5 or 5.5?

It seems to me that a multiplier of 7 is just too big of a jump from 4.5+.

Emma

I 'think' I know the problem.

It used to take a lot more NP skill to fix SL broken crystals. This NP requirement now appears be inherited to create normal nano crystals from IDs.

So, Michizure, will this be the new tradeskill process for these instruction discs or will these be reorganized back into different schools and restored with their old process?

Thanks,

Any chance the Nano programming skill multiplier required for trade-skilling these instruction disc's and the Shadow crystals will be lowered with 18.7.4?

Emma

So what is happening with this new TS process for the new discs? Is this being extended out to the older nanos? Are the newer discs being reverted back to the same TS process as the older nanos? Or are we stuck with 2 different systems, the second of which was snuck in and at no point in game is there any sort of guidance as to the fact it's even a thing?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union