Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'False positive' UBT casts

It "resists" or rather the new built in immunity kicking in, but it says nothing, now THAT i can agree on, that it should be clear to the player to what happens, yes.
    Pitch it to Michi
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Jun 19th, 2015 at 20:18:35.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

No, that's not what I'm saying either. It's doing the nr check/immunities/resistance twice. One for the nano you cast, once for the nano that the previous nano casts.
    Last edited by Teeko; Jun 19th, 2015 at 22:02:02.

Not "tested" it but for the report,

Was farming EFP bosses (not mercs) on crat, those have green adds. I've had quite a few "successfully" mezz on valkyries for instance, though target was still attacking after an ultra short kinda stun and didn't get orange aura at all (so no break). The very same neighbouring add just stopped at usual. It's without reflect/aggressive aura and so on, of course. No noticeable lag / sync issue.
    Last edited by appolonia; Jun 19th, 2015 at 23:44:05.
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

Is there something done about this, as in, did it end up on some bug list?

I don't care whether the cast has to go through 1 or 10 checks, as long as the target NCU and the visual response show the same result (i.e. successful cast animation if and only if the nano ends up in the target's NCU). Everything else is a bug from my point of view; you might as well just skip the animation altogether or show it on every cast attempt, as it yields the same information (= none).

I have not noticed this on either of my doctors. I play with the 'Nano Target NCU' window open at all times. I will watch for it now that I have been made aware.

Happens with frustrating frequency. Audio/visual does not match what the target NCU window says. I trust the target NCU window ofc but still, it's irritating.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Happens with frustrating frequency. Audio/visual does not match what the target NCU window says. I trust the target NCU window ofc but still, it's irritating.
    I made sure to watch for this yesterday and noticed it happening quite frequently as well. Thank you all for the heads up.

I do not play with game audio. I typically only watch the NCU window.

Been like that for the past 7 months or so. UBT has become pretty much obsolete with cast cap/recharge and unsucessful succesful casts.
    Crats are still better at debuffing and since the changes Shades are too.
    More time to DoT.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    I've found the visual matches up with the response result and the NCU window. If it doesn't land, I don't see the green beam at all. If that beam appears, it's landed and is in the NCU window. At least for me.

What green beam?!

The one like the blue DoT beam but in green? Don't know if you are trying to be funny or disabled visual effects and be surprised that you dont see visual effects?
    Normally on successfull casts this beams go to the main hit area of the mob, if unsuccessful to it's feet/in the ground. (Depends on the mob model if this areas are defined correctly).
    May be it is acting differently when countered than resisted... will check that.

Oh that. No I have visuals on, I just didnt think of that thing. No need to be rude.

False positives are crap, should just remove that player/mob check and have it run in pvp for the full 1:30 like crats, whats the problem?
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12