Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: idk what is AO ...1 month of dissapointment

idk what is AO ...1 month of dissapointment

coming back after some years and subscrib 4 account for 1 month: lv 90~129

now they are lv 130~146.

i tried to dyancamp, was all dead, those mobs are always dead since 10 years ?
    i tried shadowland quest : "now go to incarnator " i put the thing in incarnator, send my MP pet...mobs aggro me, 1k dmg, 1.9k crit dmg, 1k ect, dead . really interresting quest...
    i tried some RK mission , ql 150+ mist filled jar in box, "oh fck, already got too many junk, idk what is it .i dont take it.." 2~3 day later, i try to upgrade solar pistol for engi, need mist filled jar , checking GMI, 180m + .ok no solar pistol...
    going to IS at lv 125 to get some drops i see on others players, dead after 30 second . ok its say lv 125 but its more lv200 ...
    picking all disc and nano on missions lv~180 because idk what its worth, checking gmi 1 by 1 ,wich is quite boring,worth nothing,already 15 of them in GMI..

going to Sector 10 , lv 150 maximum , ok im lv 140 i maybe i stand a chance : cant past the first mobs. ok , its cool .
    checking loot table to make cool stuff "drop from bosses,drop from bosses,drop from bosses,drop from bosses"
    ok, no cool stuff for me .

trying to equip some symbiants at lv 145,GMI : chest 50 millions, brain 80 millions ...
    ah, this one, lv 146 requirement is cheap .. checking requirement : 700 agi,str, checking mine : 512, 489 etc...ok no new symbiants .

looking for ofab weapons,nanos, and neck of whatever, ok i need Victory points, go to alien mission, i remember they drop them : your VP is now 64...your VP is now 68 ..ok i wont make 15000 4 by 4
    going to battle station : pvp , well, im not pvp, but i try... lv 150 trader, 3 pets rooted ,dead,its so fun. so, after 20 min of that, 600 VP pts from a battle where i was totally inefficace.

going to COH with my soldier lv 170 and MP etc...a enforcer lv220 killing cerubin, ok i wait my turn, 25 min later he respawn, i start fight,after 40sec, a fixer lv 220 come from nowhere and engage him , "you did too little xp, you have no right to loot "
    interresting ..but thanks, he not looted the spirit tech circlet i was looking for.

looking for howlet, ok there are 3 mobs, 1 hours respawn and no loot. so fun...
    looking for IS skull, third floor , need 2 keys ,ok its not for me.

need something from bank,logging 6 charas, opening 125 bags full of "maybe useful one day , im too lazy to delete it" stuffs.
    need something 6 hours later , logging again 6 charas, opening again 125 bags.

so everytime i try to make something new and exiting, its just end with deception.
    Rimor-Tribalmeat-QL164 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by tribalshot View Post
    ah, this one, lv 146 requirement is cheap .. checking requirement : 700 agi,str, checking mine : 512, 489 etc...ok no new symbiants .
    Can easily see this person is a troll, since the level req 146 symbiants are 451 ability reqs and not 700 [level 161 req symbiants are 700+ reqs]

Also, should take an english class, it's pretty hard to read most of that trash, then again... trolls can't really read well anyway

Also, 101-150 BS runs quite fast 95% of the time.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

i think he has a point, and its pretty low to judge a person as dumb becose his english isnt good enough. my english is bad but i understod evrything he wrote, and i am sure evryone else does to.

its not easy to level up without friends etc in ao, and thats the biggest challange they have with fresh players.
    i totaly understand that he gets bored when he realy try.

tribalshot if you read here you can send me a tell ingame and i will try to help you out.

/tell shadefade

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i think he has a point, and its pretty low to judge a person as dumb becose his english isnt good enough. my english is bad but i understod evrything he wrote, and i am sure evryone else does to.

its not easy to level up without friends etc in ao, and thats the biggest challange they have with fresh players.
    i totaly understand that he gets bored when he realy try.

tribalshot if you read here you can send me a tell ingame and i will try to help you out.

/tell shadefade
    I dunno, the better part of the OP's post sums up as, "I activated four accounts, but I'm not winning the game... what's up with that?"

- Dynacamps that are in popular level ranges for good items or ones on the way to daily quests are often/always dead. Most are 20-30 minute spawns, so I don't see why this is an issue.
    - Some Shadowlands quests are meant for groups; no one is doing the entire Ado brain quest solo at level 135.
    - Check items on GMI before you delete them?
    - Can't kill any mobs in S10 at level 140? I call BS on that. I can see not being able to solo the bosses you spawn with relays, but no one is dying to the random guys in S10 at that level.
    - Some symbs are insanely high in price because they popular for people's PVP alts. So, while a ql 170 symb is 50m the ql180 or 190 one might be 1.5m. That's the market.
    - Mobs don't always drop what you want on the first kill... or eight... or fifteenth. That's RNG.

definitely a troll post. I find it hard to believe anyone is THAT BAD. plus if you have money for 4 accounts, try doing 3 accounts and buying a GRACE and sell it for credits. pve in this game is at an unbelievably easy level right now even if you completely solo it.

Quote Originally Posted by tribalshot View Post
    coming back after some years and subscrib 4 account for 1 month: Lv 90~129

now they are lv 130~146.

I tried to dyancamp, was all dead, those mobs are always dead since 10 years ?
    I tried shadowland quest : "now go to incarnator " i put the thing in incarnator, send my mp pet...mobs aggro me, 1k dmg, 1.9k crit dmg, 1k ect, dead . Really interresting quest...
    I tried some rk mission , ql 150+ mist filled jar in box, "oh fck, already got too many junk, idk what is it .i dont take it.." 2~3 day later, i try to upgrade solar pistol for engi, need mist filled jar , checking gmi, 180m + .ok no solar pistol...
    Going to is at lv 125 to get some drops i see on others players, dead after 30 second . Ok its say lv 125 but its more lv200 ...
    Picking all disc and nano on missions lv~180 because idk what its worth, checking gmi 1 by 1 ,wich is quite boring,worth nothing,already 15 of them in gmi..

Going to sector 10 , lv 150 maximum , ok im lv 140 i maybe i stand a chance : Cant past the first mobs. Ok , its cool .
    Checking loot table to make cool stuff "drop from bosses,drop from bosses,drop from bosses,drop from bosses"
    ok, no cool stuff for me .

Trying to equip some symbiants at lv 145,gmi : Chest 50 millions, brain 80 millions ...
    Ah, this one, lv 146 requirement is cheap .. Checking requirement : 700 agi,str, checking mine : 512, 489 etc...ok no new symbiants .

Looking for ofab weapons,nanos, and neck of whatever, ok i need victory points, go to alien mission, i remember they drop them : Your vp is now 64...your vp is now 68 ..ok i wont make 15000 4 by 4
    going to battle station : Pvp , well, im not pvp, but i try... Lv 150 trader, 3 pets rooted ,dead,its so fun. So, after 20 min of that, 600 vp pts from a battle where i was totally inefficace.

Going to coh with my soldier lv 170 and mp etc...a enforcer lv220 killing cerubin, ok i wait my turn, 25 min later he respawn, i start fight,after 40sec, a fixer lv 220 come from nowhere and engage him , "you did too little xp, you have no right to loot "
    interresting ..but thanks, he not looted the spirit tech circlet i was looking for.

Looking for howlet, ok there are 3 mobs, 1 hours respawn and no loot. So fun...
    Looking for is skull, third floor , need 2 keys ,ok its not for me.

Need something from bank,logging 6 charas, opening 125 bags full of "maybe useful one day , im too lazy to delete it" stuffs.
    Need something 6 hours later , logging again 6 charas, opening again 125 bags.

So everytime i try to make something new and exiting, its just end with deception.
    this is the most epic thread i ever seen!! Rofl ))))))

mmorpg is not for lazy people!!.... AO is as fun as you make it to be.

So to summerize: 'I am ignorant and lazy, FC is the blame for all of it.'

Really dude? You need to start asking people for advice. You won't become a god just because you have four accounts open. Start with one and build up one at the time, four is way to expensive.

got a problem with symbprices? Go farm them yourself. You can't blame everyone else for something you're doing wrong.
    Last edited by Oliveerz; May 21st, 2015 at 00:01:17.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

That's rude. Hes on point on a few things. Its probably you too ignorant to admit it though. Go to maybe farm a few weapons...all farmed by 220 no lifer neckbeards. Try bs, retardedly op ppl arent going to let a gimp 140 have fun or gain decent vp in a shortish amount of time.
    Symbiants are expensive. Youre a pretentious entitled self rightous prick oliveerz. Hurr game eaay for me. Not easy for you youre stupid and lazy.

Yeah, the OP might be a bit... crude, but I agree with it. The amount of farming involved in this game is frankly obscene, and there's really no way to get out of it; you're either farming something directly, or you're farming something else for credits to buy the thing you actually want.

And yeah, the suggestion that he just "farm symbiants himself" is ridiculous. Symb farming is quite possibly the most boring and frustrating thing in AO.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    And yeah, the suggestion that he just "farm symbiants himself" is ridiculous. Symb farming is quite possibly the most boring and frustrating thing in AO.
    Which is, generally, why items have the prices they do.

I do agree that this game has significant itemization problems. There's just way, way, way too much junk. Mob AC in SL pushing everything to minimum damage just made 95% of items worthless.. and then you have the items that are noob traps (split AR between pistol/RE/SMG or some other dump vendor item that drops in RK).

We really need more average items that are accessible through either questing. Maybe quest lines like this:

Elysium

Weapon: Opens at level 90(?), gives you something with maybe 60-75% of the damage of QL100 Panther (translated across weapon types).

Symbiants: Opens at level 90, full quest chain yields ql120 (prevailing?) set of symbiants. Can be traded to get the ones you want if your class can use multiple. NoDrop to prevent market flooding.

Could go 120 in Scheol, 150 in Ado, 170 in Penumbra, 200 in Inferno or something and yield level appropriate items.

I think Tier armor could be made more accessible / quest friendly as well.

If someone doesn't want to do the quests or has them lying around, they don't have to. Something to keep players without the monster resources that veterans have relevant, while not taking anything away from someone who wants to go nuts twinking.

Anarchy Online has ALWAYS been about the haves and have nots, and that's fine.. that's kind of how MMO's go, but AO in particular is one of the worst at bridging that gap. With population numbers dropping and (imo) the genre itself fading away, we definitely need more ways to encourage new players to feel like they're making progress and not just cancel their accounts.
    Last edited by Lime; May 21st, 2015 at 05:04:42.

If not the stuff mentioned in OP makes people leave the game, it will be the racist and rude stuff said in the replies.

OP does have a very valid point, and most of this has been addressed sometime before.

PS: AO Items Assistant is your best buddy.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

AO is the nerfest game

Dude, we've all been there. So why make it special for him? Hr can't blame the game for having to log 6 characters to search for an item. Hr can't blame the game for not being able to surpass the first few mobs in s10. What he need is more knowledge (what I proposef to him). If he really has a problem with the symb prices, THERE are alternatives (imps, other QL's of symbs) or he can farm them hhimself and then realise the prices are doing justice for the work put into it. There is always competition for loot and mobs, if he can't handle the competition I'm afraid a single player game is more suitable for him. He states that just because he needs two keys for IS the content is not for him? Perhaps he doesn't know it usually requires a team or he's just too lazy to do it. There is no other excuse. As for BS, you are not required to PvP either, because there is an actual goal, which is capping points. And as far as I'm concerned you don't need to do any pvp in order to cap it. So you can ALWAYS be usefull in BS.

OP: Try get yourself in a active org, ask around if you need help/knowledge, set your focus on one toon so you can start progressing and learn more, but also because with a higher level toon, usually grants more money income than a lower one, thus allowing you to invest in your other characters.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

For the love of GOD just give every one a 1 win button ffs!! They are paying here...

come on, noone is dumb enough to pay for 4 accounts and have absolutly no ideea how to play the game
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

For the OP:-
    Well sub 150 lvl requirement symbs are among the most expensive, due to people wanting a pvm/pvp twink; there after they get much cheaper perhaps make do until you can use ones a little higher.

If you have gear spread across 6 toons you can't blame the game for that, you put it there, roll a fr00b account make some mules and spend a day putting gear into some kind of order on them.

Also check out http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php...dge%2F&lang=en for learning more about this game; it's really not like most where you hit lvl x and have an auto skills spend, upgrade to next lvl matched weapon. You actually need to make choices about where to spend ip and what weapons to use, start to learn about basic twinking, what add/aao does what the agg/deff bar does.
    Are you dieing so much because you have too little mitigation ie evades, heals, reflects, AC's or debuffs running on the mobs you're fighting ?

I think you're having a hard time because you haven't invested the time into learning how to play, tactics too are also important.

It could be you would be better suited to a more simplified game; for me they are utterly boring but they may suit your lifestyle/available game-time better
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    If not the stuff mentioned in OP makes people leave the game, it will be the racist and rude stuff said in the replies.

OP does have a very valid point, and most of this has been addressed sometime before.

PS: AO Items Assistant is your best buddy.
    I agree with this.

The OP is already having a hard time playing the game (yes, both the game and his approach might have their issues). But the replies coming from some people are just downright idiotic, borderline insulting (well, some actually are).

Kudos to Le-Quack for lending a hand. I myself offer my help if needed. Consulting and/or helping with kills/loot. Just let me know :
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

thanks for yours answers .

im sorry for my primitive english .

i dont complain about paying and " losing "
    was just to explain that in theory i have access to the full game content .
    even if the access to the whole game was free,my post will be the same .

i understand this game like many others is not supposed to be instant or easy,

the gap is really huge, imo, between what i see from others and what i can do.
    and the game mechanics dont help to reduce this huge gap.
    so, im not trolling, its fair ,some people have spend more time than others and they are rewarded.

was just my feeling about how its NOT long and hard, but impossible and frustrating for me at this point to enter in this world.
    Rimor-Tribalmeat-QL164 Soldier

About a year and a half ago, I started AO officially. For even the first several months, I did almost everything solo. I literally started with nothing, and got by on the generosity of random strangers and my own tenacity. With 3 220's, president and founder of my org, and the NT Professional in a little over my first year, I'd say I'm a good example of how far you can get if you work hard in this game.

Honestly, the only limits in AO are what you have, and what you know, but more so the latter.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast