Thread: Fix Tower Open times please.

Fix Tower Open times please.

Equilibrium7 attacked Athen Paladins [EFP 4]
    Equilibrium7 attacked Athen Paladins [EFP 4]
    Kizzermole Gumbaba attacked Athen Paladins [EFP 4]
    Rollerpumpkin attacked Athen Paladins [EFP 4]
    Lil Spider attacked Athen Paladins [EFP 4]

Please fix this, Friendlies attacking towers to change open times.. this has got to go.

Assign towers same timer as gauntlet, so every 17 hours a field opens. That way it circles through diffrent timezones every week or so, with reasonable goodness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Pleaee yes! As an american all hot times are early early morning for me. Like 2-5 am. Would love to have open times.

I would suggest a faster shifting Cycle , something along the Lines of 4 Hours Shift a Day so within 1 Week every Timezone has a Chance to attack without getting up in the Middle of the Night.

Another Idea , not sure if its viable but at least to me it makes some Sense :

- How about a shortend Protected-Time and longer Open-Time if you have more than 2 Fields but uncap the Maxnumber of Fields by allowing 5 at each Range ??
    Lets say 1 hour less Protection for each Additional Field.

If a Org is very much into PvP and wants to be busy all Day let them have as many Fields as they want ,this way we lessen the get Number pure Planting-Orgs and it could be hilarious if one Org decides to hog most/all Towerspots.
    Last edited by Dollcet; May 21st, 2015 at 14:28:03. Reason: not really a PvP-Guy but i guess this will at least be damn funny :)
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

25% 24/7

Put the Anarchy back in AO

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    25% 24/7

Put the Anarchy back in AO
    Honestly, my only concerns would be wandering through hunting monsters or doing missions or whatever and getting unwillingly sucked into PvP and flagged, and having people either squat on their tower field all day, or camp an unclaimed field just waiting for someone to make a move. If these things were fixed, this would be pretty crazy and fun.

Omg 25% 24/7, great suggestion.

Its an easy fix, let it be done. Towers should be open at all times.

Alternatly every 17h Open for 2hours, 5h per day shift. Or just open totally all fields 25% Zones. Alltime.

Should be super easy to implement, and should fix quality of life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

How about just reset all tower fields, then let people replant them so the timers are fine.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

25% 24/7 or a Gauntlet-style rotating timer would both be very bad. It would become impossible to defend a site unless you had a presence in every time zone. Losing something because most of your org was in bed or at work is never fun.

I think a system like EVE's, where the initial attack triggers a timer that both sides can then prepare for, would be preferable to these suggestions.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    25% 24/7 or a Gauntlet-style rotating timer would both be very bad. It would become impossible to defend a site unless you had a presence in every time zone. Losing something because most of your org was in bed or at work is never fun
    As opposed to never being able to attack because you don't have a presence in the fabricated attack time zones. It sucks to lose your base while you're sleeping. It sucks equally to never be able to attack a base because you're sleeping.
    Limefire, The Great White Hope

As opposed to never being able to attack because you don't have a presence in the fabricated attack time zones. It sucks to lose your base while you're sleeping. It sucks equally to never be able to attack a base because you're sleeping.
    Yeah because I said the current system was fine right

edit: and yes, not being able to defend is worse than not being able to attack, there's a reason virtually every game with land control gives the defender some way to limit attacks when they aren't active
    Last edited by drainbamage; May 21st, 2015 at 18:42:19.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

If you want to defend a base, make presence in all time zones.

I totally support an idea with either 25% all the time or every 5 hrs opening for 3 hrs
    :: Izolenta :: Kynopoc :: Dreamech :: Dreamchaser :: Batmobile ::

President of Molotoff Cocktail

Playing since 2002/06/26

I suppose you could have something along the lines of..

48 hour immunity from when new CT is planted to establish the base.

Increase turret damage, adding some sort of NCU wipe component to certain structures (this is more just to make it much more difficult for some bored twink from going and wiping out a level range). Could also do something with scaling based on number of attackers..

Also maybe instead of immediately beginning at 25% 24/7, you could instead have the time they are attackable scale to longer and longer times depending on how long the base has been planted. Maybe after a month the base is open at all hours of the day, from 6/12/18 the weeks before.

I don't know. Just spitballing here
    Last edited by Lime; May 21st, 2015 at 19:37:49.

5% all the time - 25% is useless now with the side changes and timer changes. And with 5% would make org wars possible in same faction - you know you want it - lets have some of it.

Its Anarchy Online...lets actually have some.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    5% all the time - 25% is useless now with the side changes and timer changes. And with 5% would make org wars possible in same faction - you know you want it - lets have some of it.

Its Anarchy Online...lets actually have some.
    I tried that once.
    Last edited by Lime; May 21st, 2015 at 22:53:24.

I tried that once.
    Well that's 2 videos.