Thread: Time for a Fixer grid upgrade?

Time for a Fixer grid upgrade?

The classic old fixer grid has been around a long time. Perhaps it is time for an upgrade, especially in light of some recent changes limiting fixer mobility and usefulness. Perhaps a combination of the existing f-grid structure, but each playfield would have a room similar to that for notum miners, with from 6 to 12 locations they can exit into that playfield. Further, at the current existing f-grid exits perhaps a device where fixers/teams could re-enter the grid.

Nice idea! Would be way easier to pick a spot from a small map rather than ... Hmm do I go left or right or middle? Also, a playfield list rather than counting floors ... another headache removed.

Nice idea Anna

Emma

I'd personally love a complete grid overhaul with more access points and better organization. Upgrade the fixer grid to allow map drop in or something for precision fixer travel.

All exits are marked on the AoRK map, but yeah more exits would be nice.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

I was thinking about this a bit more ...

Imagine the entry room for the Miners mission, but with a map on the walls, one for each playfield with spots to choose for exiting.

Then out in the playfields a small fixture like the ones in the miner mission playfield that you can click to return (perhaps with a check that you are a fixer or in a team with a fixer or you have one of those filled fixer grid items that dyna's drop, or a fixer is handy to give you a fresh fixer grid entry item).

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    I was thinking about this a bit more ...

Imagine the entry room for the Miners mission, but with a map on the walls, one for each playfield with spots to choose for exiting.

Then out in the playfields a small fixture like the ones in the miner mission playfield that you can click to return (perhaps with a check that you are a fixer or in a team with a fixer or you have one of those filled fixer grid items that dyna's drop, or a fixer is handy to give you a fresh fixer grid entry item).

Emma
    And name it "The hackers lounge" requiring a third fixer-grid quest.... I can picture it now.
    [ClanOOC]:Random1 WTB THL + hot plz!
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    And name it "The hackers lounge" requiring a third fixer-grid quest.... I can picture it now.
    Hacker's Lounge would be cool ...

But NO to 3rd Fixer Quest!

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Hacker's Lounge would be cool ...

But NO to 3rd Fixer Quest!

Emma
    LOL add it to the second one then.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    LOL add it to the second one then.
    If it is a revamp of the current Fixer Grid, then it would be available from the first Fixer quest.

The OP was a suggestion for replacing the current Fixer Grid with a new approach, not an Elite Fixer Grid while keeping the current Fixer Grid in place.

Emma

Mhh. Well I'm all for adding new FGrid Exits all over RK but I wouldn't want to change the design of the current one, as it looks so cool and the room at Notum Miners looks so not cool.
    I'd rather have a couple more floors to fill the gaps and then add a "quick beam" to each floor on the ground, to make traveling even faster.

I also think 6-12 Exits per playfield is simply too much. 1-2 more for some places, yes please (esp Milky Way imho), but then we're really good. As for those "get back into grid" thingies: Well, Fixers (and some other meep profs) can get back into it any way. A team with a fixer (or meep prof) as well, so this would only be beneficial if it was for solo people or a team without meep. I can already sense some misuse on the horizon, so maybe better not.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

To my knowledge there is no way to meep into the fixer grid. The thought on the re-entry points is that would not be grid entrances, they would only be f-grid entrances )only activate by the hack programs. Not sure what the right number of exits would be per playfield..... probably would depend on what is in the playfield and its size. Perhaps just a map location instead of the exit arrows. not really sure what would look nicer and work best.

A meep directly into the fixer grid using single/team nanos does sound intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    To my knowledge there is no way to meep into the fixer grid. The thought on the re-entry points is that would not be grid entrances, they would only be f-grid entrances )only activate by the hack programs. Not sure what the right number of exits would be per playfield..... probably would depend on what is in the playfield and its size. Perhaps just a map location instead of the exit arrows. not really sure what would look nicer and work best.
    My bad, I thought you meant the normal grid when you wrote "re-enter the grid" in your OP.
    A way to get into the fgrid from the middle of nowhere sounds sorta cool, but imo should be a Fixer thing only.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This is a space not just inside the grid, but inside the fixer grid, a creation of the Unicorns. It's not a physical place you can just set up rooms with maps on the walls. For that matter, there already is a big map on the wall showing the exit spots for each playfield. Just hit 'P' and it'll pop up on any wall you want while you spend the 10-20 seconds finding your exit. And adding more exits? Simply catering to players who are not fixers, in a grid made for fixers.

As to getting back into the f-grid, that only takes <10 seconds, from any location, for a seasoned fixer. For others who may be addicted to f-grid travel, Data Receptacle Containers and Instant F-Grid Nano Cans are both easily acquirable ways to get back into it in times of need.
    Theppy, Alt Addict and Collector of Oddities
    Current project: dreaming of private servers

I suppose one option, although not sure how easy or hard it would be to do, would be to only allow "fresh" hack programs to allow entrance at the non grid terminal entrances. Or better yet from my perspective would be to do away with the wave form storage devices entirely.