Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - May 2015 (Yes We Rubi-Kan!)

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    Quoting guildmate: " What Frob can do? I do daily" (after asking him, what he is doing).

Price is the problem. Almost 18Euro makes this game most expansive on market, and be sure to add some $ in-game transactions, which 90% of playerbase do, and they are not cheap either (I just transfered 1 toon and it costed 10$)...
    Funcoms 5 easy steps for Low Server Population

Big Mmorp Markt + AO Price + Must buy more EXPs for Full Version + Old Grafik + the first Moment Gameplay = Low Server Population!

right would:

some Advertising every month + F2P Version + New Engine the first Moment Gameplay + Fair Cash Shop with Style Items + every 3-6 month a Content update = good Server Population

mfg

Everything is more expensive in Europe from your VAT. Thats not Funcom's fault, other than offering the game in Europe.
    Bitcoin and the ACA are Ponzi schemes. MMMmm, sounds like pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    Would be great to hear Michizure's opinion regarding the current subscription cost and the reasoning behind the price differences between EU and US players and why there is no equality (I'm aware of VAT taxes, but that shouldn't force some players to pay more than others).

Would be nice to hear if they ever plan to drop the cost / month down to 10 bucks, that would generate so much more activity, i guarantee.
    They charge what they can in each market. Thats the price of two pints in a pub. Skip one meal a month :P

They have $10 a month (less than that) it's a yearly subscription. Even WoW doesnt offer that. Total up your hours played, $/h=$ per hr. I'm certain you have paid under a penny an hour, my friend! That is affordable.
    Bitcoin and the ACA are Ponzi schemes. MMMmm, sounds like pizza.

AO's expac system wouldn't work with a B2P model á la TSW. As in, if you stop paying for a month what happens to your characters? Your expac gear is unequipped? Your expac nanos are cancelled? Your perks are removed? You're thrown out of expac areas? What if you're saved in one? If AO was to go B2P then there would have to be some hefty remodelling and I don't honestly reckon it would be financially viable. It can be simplified somewhat to 'all expacs' vs 'no expacs' perhaps (I'd still angle for SL only to be included in the 'no expacs' froob deal) instead of the current slightly complex mishmash we have of people who have SL only or SL and AI but not LE and/or LoX etc. I suppose the yearly deals are much better value than monthly payments, but they are still too much for the age of this game outside hardcore vets. But it's not AO's running costs that set the sub price, I'm pretty certain...

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Blutfrau View Post
    Everything is more expensive in Europe from your VAT. Thats not Funcom's fault, other than offering the game in Europe.
    Competition offers game at lower price than 17,19€ a month.

Then again with current prices for GRACE I'm set for liftetime of AO..
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

While that is true, AO is still more expensive for Europeans because 1 EUR = 1.1137 USD atm. While gap between these two currencies isn't as big as it used to be, EUR is still stronger currency of the two.
    Last edited by Scottik; Jun 7th, 2015 at 18:28:29.

Whoever is responsible for different pricing based on country should think what impact it has on company reputation. (I'm not talking about 15% VAT.)

"In the space of two weeks, online retailer Amazon.com has been forced to apologize, issue refunds and appease angry customers after it was found to have charged some people more than others in random price testing on its Web site."
    Whole article: http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=119399
    Dragocz RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    While that is true, AO is still more expensive for Europeans because 1 EUR = 1.1137 USD atm. While gap between these two currencies isn't as big as it used to be, EUR is still stronger currency of the two.
    Does not change the fact that other games are cheaper, VAT or not. And here's a hint, Wildstar is going f2p.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    Does not change the fact that other games are cheaper, VAT or not. And here's a hint, Wildstar is going f2p.
    I'm not arguing that.

Fact is AO have heavy Price per Month and you must buy more for Full Version and Cash Shop there are!
    I pay for Month Play i want to all Features for a game! Better was make AO F2P with fair Cash Shop or make AO per Month cheaper!that's why I no longer Play!

Despite the fact that literally every other MMO on the market offers a comparable subscription cost, which AO does not.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Despite the fact that literally every other MMO on the market offers a comparable subscription cost, which AO does not.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+unsubscr...anarchy+online

Here lets settle this pricing debate.

The live games (AO/AoC/TSW) are the only FC products producing a profit currently according to the latest quarterly reports. You bet your kidney's that the bean counters are NEVER going to lower the price AO and risk it going from positive revenue to even revenue neutral. Add into that the statement in latest report that with cash on hand and projected revenues that FC can operate for the next 12 months. So no there will not be a price change because it would have a serious effect on that 12 month projection.

Now before someone says that lowering the cost would bring in more people there is something you have to realize. Quite simply they know lower price equals lower revenue and betting on more people is not prudent planning. It does not matter if you are right and subscribers would double. The fact is they can't guarantee those increases and that puts them in a position where the risk is not acceptable. You see a 10% cut in price requires 10% more subscriber to cover. So the cut has to produce quite a lot of subscribers to be viable. There is also the projected revenue they are looking at. Basically subs run out at specific times and they can estimate from your history how big the resub will be and when it will occur. That goes into their revenue equations. Now a reduction at this time could unbalance that causing a large number of people to resub early and place that revenue in a different quarter. So that later on in the year they actually come up short. Business finance is a crazy mess of formula's, spread sheets and given rules on how to plan and project your revenue. What we are seeing as a user facing issue is actually a pretty big mess for FC on a business facing front.

It is pure business decision at this point. Watch the launch of the Lego game. It if fails be prepared to see FC fold or dramatic changes to how they operate. And yes the farm is bet on the Lego game if you read the latest quarterly reports. The last quarterly reports would have Jim Cramer from Mad Money screaming "Sell Sell Sell".
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Is there a new page, or thread, for information on this years anniversary benefits? Kind of like the one for the 13th anniversary?

Quote Originally Posted by myabi55 View Post
    Is there a new page, or thread, for information on this years anniversary benefits? Kind of like the one for the 13th anniversary?
    Not yet that I've seen, but I would imagine that information will be released pretty soon as Michi did mention it in the last monthly post.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

gief free month already!

Quote Originally Posted by Lordaegis View Post
    gief free month already!
    Yes? For me not and I have Long time Play AO and all Expansions etc...Where is my free month^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Not yet that I've seen, but I would imagine that information will be released pretty soon as Michi did mention it in the last monthly post.
    Thanks!

So much sub drama and not enough getting lost zones added drama.....

Any Infos for Monthly Price Change? And I reactive my Acc ^_^

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast