Thread: Overall Great Soloing Prof for Paid Account?

Overall Great Soloing Prof for Paid Account?

I was looking to create a new fun alt while I'm leveling my MP, but I was wondering whic profession to choose? I have a paid account and I'm looking for a prof that can handle itself well both in SL and while fighting aliens. My MP is L.152 but I'm burnt out in leveling him. I want to find a fun alt that will do well in the Subway, ToTW, Biomare and be able to handle handle SL adds while smacking sided temple mobs.

Crat is prob best overall for long term. A lazy twinked (ie., premades only) toon should last you long enough to tell if its viable. Don't want a pet class? Then fixer.
    Last edited by Literary; May 30th, 2015 at 10:12:00.

A well decked out Crat can solo Totw with ease and Biomare with a little care, even at level 60 (admittedly mine buffs into top pet @lvl 60). You'll also get calms and other goodies.

Roll a Crat©

They're even better as they level them too
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

So are you using RK or SL implants for getting the maxed out pets? What other gear are you using to get buffed so high in TS/MC?

Crat is a good soloer for any level, but at 220 Shade>>> any other prof.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by rubina1 View Post
    So are you using RK or SL implants for getting the maxed out pets? What other gear are you using to get buffed so high in TS/MC?
    They are using, most likely, brain symb, possibly eye symb, and the rest implants. But they are also using arithmetic armour and /or de'valos sleeves, a nano controller, LE research device - nanoskills, nanoskill adding rings, neleb's cloak probably, as well as huge outside buffs such as TS/MC mochams, and even a wrangle to boost skills temporarily to pop a big pet.

All those buffs require a lot of NCU so be warned that these guys talking about that is not something that will come easily.

In all honesty, a crat will only frustrate you - they are hard to play, are very temperamental at low levels with no healing high chances of resisted calms if you got low nanoskills, and really aren't that fun unless you have a lot of time/money to throw at it.

I would aim for something that will feel fun right from the start - like enforcer or keeper.

Both of these profs are very easy to operate, can do decent damage, have some very, very good weapon options available on the cheap (dirt cheap or free), are hardy as hell, meaning, they got great damage mitigation and very decent heals/healing, and you'll be in demand in teams if you ever try levelling further.

Crats are, unequivocally the best prof in Biomare/foremans, but don't be fooled by these guy's claims. Crats are only good if you are extremely knowledgeable and have a lot of cash to throw at them.

If you want easy going fun with lots of options, choose enforcer or keeper. Level lowly, get tokens, collect lots of weapons while you level and try different varieties (for enforcer), for keeper, you'll do totally fine with an illegal modified wolf then in TOTW many nice, interesting 2HE weapons drop to choose from - some are slow/high damage, no specials, some are faster with specials and nice procs - take your pick!

An Alternate from enf/keeper is martial artist, which can be a lot of fun at low-mid levels. You'll find that MA's are dependent on evades at higher levels - but MA's do just as well as any other prof with decent AC's and some self heals at low levels. Fist damage can do some ridiculous damage, MA has decent survival, and there are oodles of great cheap/free armour choices for MA's, from orion's fist in TOTW, to spirit focus in smuggler's den, to predator/crawler armour (SL/COH), supplemented by miy's or lya sangi (coming up in end of june when AO anniversary hits).
    Last edited by Ghost; Jun 2nd, 2015 at 01:20:04.

Keeper is boring garbage, nobody should ever play one
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Why does nobody ever suggest Traders?

• Mezzing
    • Self Healing
    • Great damage/ able to equip higher weapons alot earlier than everyone else
    • Reasonable defences
    • Roots
    • Plethora of team utility stuff if you get bored of soloing
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

my 100 crat in miys, ql 125ish imps and using a briefcase as a weapon could steamroll biomare while half asleep. spam aoe calms with self targeted while running through to calm trashmobs, /pet hunt /afk any boss fight. lv 200 pet wouldn't even drop to half health. if you were feeling fancy you could even charm whatever was around to go in and help out.

was pretty much the same story in totw but i dont think she was able to cast the aoe mezz. still, at lower levels /pet hunt /afk works well. especially once you have 100 free ncu for mochs.

didnt take my 220 crat into s10 on it's way up but i've heard crats do fairly well there for relay farm

after s10 comes dark ruins which is a breeze for crats and 200 crats can solo both dark ruins team instance and the s7 bosses. at tl7 crats are one of the strongest solo professions aside from probably shade (pretty sure shades can solo more things than crats)

Till lvl 100ish any profession is a good soloer.
    All pet professions are great.
    Most melee, Enf, MA and Keeper do great.
    Anything with heals does great.
    Anything with CC tools will do good.

Dont like Shade and NT @ the low lvl range, but the rest did pritty well soloing stuff and lvling till lvl 150ish.

Most fun @ specific moments (imho)
    In totw lvl 60= my little Keeper
    for Foremans Office lvl 100= pistol MP.
    S10 I liked my Crat most.
    IS I like to do on my Advy.
    at endgame Soloing outdoors: Trader (MA) /Advy on single target or AI raids// Crat/Advy if mobs that are in groups.

But in general, I think Crat will win this if you speak of soloing at any lvl.

Might I also note that burn-out to play your lvl 152 MP is just because you hit the annoying lvl range from 150 till 190ish. In that range most profession ain't fun to lvl or play or solo stuff. Just push on with the MP and it will get better.

I guess it was from rushing the last 10 levels to L.150 with token missions, soloing necks and then running through the entire Spec-3 book missions to the end. I really wanted to see the first SL MP attack pet.

Quote Originally Posted by rubina1 View Post
    I guess it was from rushing the last 10 levels to L.150 with token missions, soloing necks and then running through the entire Spec-3 book missions to the end. I really wanted to see the first SL MP attack pet.
    I'm also lvling an MP, he's 175 now though so just got the 2nd SL pet. And it's awesome!
    I've been pretty much only solo-lvling him. Did ely hecks from ~95-105, and did one of the new inf missions. Other than that I've only been solo.

Some things you might wanna go check out on your MP if you haven't already;

- Yutto & Scientist quest lines in Scheol. Both of them will give you like 20x daily rewards. Plus you'll get a nice nuke. Kinda long quest line though. And having scheol key done before you start is recommended since you'll have to travel back & forth quite a lot.
    - Ely yutto & Guard quests. Check aouniverse. Most of these will give you a daiily reward. And they're all quite fast.
    - Dark Ruins. First there's a short solo quest line you'll have to do (takes ~1h). Then you can enter the team version which will have very high drop rate for Doja chips, and 2 (3?) daily quests you can do.

And ofc, don't forget all your dailys.
    1x Regular daily
    1x Elite daily
    3x Battle Station dailies
    1x Doja Chip

1x Ai daily

Do these things and you'll be plowing through those redious and boring lvls in no time

Continue with your MP, they're an amazing solo prof now as well. And at 220 he'll be a beast!
    Just my 2c
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

Raggy, would you say shotgun levelling is better, I know you mentioned ability to equip higher weapons, I see a lot of traders going martial art unless they are PvP setup then it seems to be shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    In all honesty, a crat will only frustrate you - they are hard to play, are very temperamental at low levels with no healing high chances of resisted calms if you got low nanoskills, and really aren't that fun unless you have a lot of time/money to throw at it.
    Where were you all my life, o voice of reason?

I've watched other people lately, and I definitely want to try Keeper next more than any other option. Snooze and still win!