Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 18.7.4.8 Testlive Patch notes.

I think a bit of that is simply due to lag on the test server.

I didn't mention anything before, but I actually timed it. In terms of the casting time, it is still definitely 2 seconds, but lag turns that into 2.3-2.6 seconds.

Nothing new there that I can notice, at least ;p
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Ok let's hope so, might be clearer when we get a db rip, not that i don't trust you or Michi
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

I expect these timing changes to be getting another look soon, but doesn't hurt to have that looked at, also.

I'd rather have more sets of eyes confirm I'm right about the 2 second cap, however. Please feel free to run tests and let us know.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Did some preliminary testing.. recorded myself casting 5x IU, first cast started at 4sec in the video, last cast ended at 21s, recharge included.

~17sec for 5 full casts that are supposed to last a total of 15sec.. add in a couple secs of lag/delay between casts and it seems nothing actually changed.

I'll do something more accurate when I get a bit more time. (or wait for Demoder's update on tl.aoitems.com if it's coming )
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

I did make a suggestion a long time ago about getting a mini DM (now mini GIVA) to drop from S7 and it seemed to be a well liked idea. It even had support for Boil Blood in a different manner than GIVA does now; but suffice to say GIVA should have been a full line of nanos in 18.7 for NTs and an S7 GIVA would be a wonderful start.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Some quick tests suggest that IU does appear to be about 2-3s to cast, even full agg at over 3K inits... so (allowing for latency) hard to be sure! I see someone else has run better tests though

And yes, all are 8s/1s - I have to assume that there's much copy-pasta errors here, it's not like the lower SL nukes were any use in the first place after all.
    Last edited by Darkbane; Jun 2nd, 2015 at 20:27:16.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    Some quick tests suggest that IU does appear to be about 3s to cast, even full agg at over 3K inits...

As does Spark Shower (the lowest of the SL nukes), and all are 8s/1s - I have to assume that there's much copy-pasta errors here, it's not like the lower SL nukes were any use in the first place after all.
    3s attack cap or 3s total (atk+recharge)?
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

So, our nukes have to suffer in exchange for correcting such a mistake? That's a little disappointing... I haven't played my NT much since the dual-wielding fiasco came about, and now I have another reason to avoid him again.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    3s attack cap or 3s total (atk+recharge)?
    2-3s attack (it felt like about 2.5s), which allowing for latency, is probably still 2s.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

10 years later and someone nerfs the 3sec AS?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Although it was just a short time ago...

Do you guys remember we asked for all Shadowlands nukes to have a 2/1 cap before 18.7 was live? Well, we got that, but the times on ALL of them changed to 2/1. Possibly there's something odd with how these nukes are edited from the developers' standpoint, and hence we have this 8/1 mistake.

Trying to give them the benefit of doubt, here.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

This multi range is kinda a big fail.. first AS nerf now a total nerf.. Why not just make it a two-handed weapon? Or are we getting some sort of offhand weapons for NT?

Still no verdict on the second NT weapon, but the Cyberdeck is technically a single handed weapon. Michi said there's not really anything else he can do about it.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Solams View Post
    This multi range is kinda a big fail.. first AS nerf now a total nerf.. Why not just make it a two-handed weapon? Or are we getting some sort of offhand weapons for NT?
    There were issues with making it a two-handed weapon so a temporary solution was implemented. Vinkera advised people not to go all out making builds counting on a weapon to be used as a viable dual with Cyberdeck and has been pretty upfront on the subject.

There are alternatives being discussed as a viable offhand to pair with our Cyberdecks. Let's hope they do make it to the servers at some point.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    I expect those were adjusted to give init debuffers a chance to actually slow our nukes down, since 2 second total cast time on all of them would have made that impossible.
    Ahh, wonderful. Yet another example of Funcom taking a dump on PvM-ers thanks to the whining of PvP crybabies.

with 18.7.4.10 it "feels" a lot better now when casting IU.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by TheNilvarg View Post
    Ahh, wonderful. Yet another example of Funcom taking a dump on PvM-ers thanks to the whining of PvP crybabies.
    Honestly, it shouldn't make any difference in PVM for the most part. Trust me, if there was a nerf happening to PVM that was purely the result of pvp'ers, I'd be going bananas right now.

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    with 18.7.4.10 it "feels" a lot better now when casting IU.
    It does, doesn't it?

Even if technically the cap time is slightly less than 2 seconds now, the lagging AO gods will punish us to even things out.
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12