Thread: New keeper again

New keeper again

So... with the changes I decided to roll a new keeper. Solitus, level 130 now with almost max ai and le levels and tokens for my level. Using 2he because I don't see good support for ME yet at lower levels and I'm not even sure if I go ME at 220.
    For now I wear ofab chest/sleeves at 150ql (non upgraded) and pred armor and using pained panther and I have to say I really enjoy him. Even as such and not twinked at all I can kill stuff in 150 BS to farm for my VPs.Planing to stay 150 for a while in s10 and BS and then again at 200. Any tips?

I try to avoid going the expensive swords way so I'll probably stay with wolf at 150 lvl (is 225 doable?) instead of excalibur and I'll go with ofab/goddess instead of alien armor and dchest. Any other ideas to make it fun at 150 s10/BS and 200 s7/BS?
    I mostly play with a friend who rolled a crat so I'm not looking to solo farm everything just have fun and be tanky without sacrificing tons of dps.I'm not going for the super expensive or super twinked stuff as I'll keep leveling so I plan to make some basic and cheap twinking at those 2 stages. Was thinking for 225 ofab armor/wolf at 150 and maybe 300 ofab/wolf at 200 if doable on solitus. I'm open to any tips/ideas I just don't have a crapton of money to throw at him.

At 200 I thought about farming s7/TDR for some creds. Are there any other stuff to do at 150/200 to farm creds besides s10/s7/TDR?Sorry for my noobyness but I've been away from game for like 2 years and away from tl7 for like 4-5 years
    Last edited by Logan; Jun 4th, 2015 at 11:30:49. Reason: Big blob of text, hurts my eyes!
    Current RP characters:
    Alyssa "Aloyce" Nemesio "offworld"
    Logan "Cosmicfreak" Stritzke
    Celia "Naleana"
    Cellante

My 150 Keeper looks like that currently, planning on a large retwink soon to improve it further though.
    Excal is great at that level, the benefit of being 1/1 full def is great.
    I used a ql225 Wolf for a while, and you can't get it 1/1 full def which sucks a little, and Brawl tends to be rather lack luster, other than that it's not a bad choice. You're not going to get a ql225 Wolf on without at least some Strong based armour, although as you're Solitus you can use a Plaster Circuit which will negate that requirement.

As for level 200, I don't have a Keeper in that range (waiting for the new 100-150 content before leveling Keeper #4), but I would go for a Blade of Khione's Will, which is obtained from the Pen Xan Quest reward combined with an Awakened Soul Crystal created from Prisoner Souls. I haven't run the calcs, but I don't see a ql300 Wolf being done.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

lvl 150 keeper:
    225 wolf is doable
    u just need ql 225 ofabs (chest +sleeves ) and cm for rest ....... if u choose wolf just aim for add dmg items like aruls + bracer of striking force ,rings ,motr and so on .... i ll post a setup in few hours ....

lvl 200 keeper : ql 300 wolf is doable but the best weapon u can get is by far Honed Edge of tarasque ... i ll post a setup here too .

this is normal setup for s10 / bs : http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=200757 ( forgot to swap sword) u can swap mesh with alien tank for a cheaper setup and igoc with anything ... lie a vte or something
    Last edited by Eqvestre; Jun 4th, 2015 at 20:08:39. Reason: mistake

Just some points on this since I just retwinked my 170 keeper.

QL 250 sword is possible at 150
    QL 275 armour is possible at 150

You can almost get a 1.4/1.4 sword 1/1 at full def, you can get it 1/1 with OS.

I got 1381 melee init on my 170 so that's like 59 points shy of 1/1 with wolf/BoKW

At 150 with slightly lower skills your fast attack recharge will suffer a bit with wolf, but not by much (probably 9s vs 6s)

I've tried excal at MBS and BoKW and 275 Wolf at MBS and overall, I found damage to be lacking on excel despite my lengthy theoretical/paper calcs I did prior to twinking. I had a lot of success with a 275 wolf in PVP and Aarlok had a lot of success at 150 with a wolf - that doesn't mean the excel isn't better, it just means that there are other options.

The excal is better vs lower AC targets: Aliens, crats, docs, MP's, engi/crat/MP pets, but is far, FAR less effective at killing healers (doc/advy/MA/MP) and I'd advise that you should seriously consider the lack of an instant special that can stun in PVP if you're actually thinking about using exca in PVP (there's no question it's better in S10)

Broadly speaking, specials kill normal hits are outhealed. This is true BROADLY. However, my 170 keeper in the proper team hits 2500 regular hits at 2500 AR at 1/1 in full defence, at 150 you wont get quite as high AR but you could get close - maybe 2300 or so with eye of pred, trader, and crat in team, and proper AR setup. I'd reckon with a good twink you could be hitting 2k regulars, which is enough if you can keep your target rooted that you could take him down with regulars+fast attack only, regardless of healing capability. But that will almost never be the case unless you have a buddy who is trader and another who is crat and you can depend on them to OSB you and root targets while you pound them into next week, that said, you have a MUCH greater reliance on special damage for faster burst damage when you can catch your target.

Brawl + fast attack, and bind your low checking perks to the same key for fast damage spam. something like fast attack/brawl(hope for stun) also bound is cleave+bluntness. That's the best bet as all those are fast, you could also put transfix on there and you'd need to remember to hammer it a few times to get it off.

I would say bind feast+wrath to it, but these are both 2s charge and while they will help vs some profs, but imo the best plan is to actually LEAD with feast.

The reason for this is 2fold, 1 you got boosted damage on bluntness with feast running, and 2, it's a 2s charge so then you lead with a 2s charge and when it hits spam your attack key and drop him with FA/brawl/cleave/transfix/bluntness and save wrath for last.

I'd also recommend going all out AR and using non evasion mechanics for defence, as generally they will be more effective vs a larger range of opponents, unless you're dealing with BS full of gimps in which case you can just roll around with big def and survive forever and chain kill everyone.

I'd save wrath for backup damage in case your target doesn't die.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    QL 250 sword is possible at 150
    Surprising, as I was ~50 shy on Brawl, and quite a bit shy on 2he.

You can almost get a 1.4/1.4 sword 1/1 at full def, you can get it 1/1 with OS.
    I got 1381 melee init on my 170 so that's like 59 points shy of 1/1 with wolf/BoKW
    Sitting at 1050 M.Init selfed @ 150 with Crusade maxed, that's 420 shy of being 1/1 full def.

At 150 with slightly lower skills your fast attack recharge will suffer a bit with wolf, but not by much (probably 9s vs 6s)
    Yes, it's 9~10s Fast Attack cycle.

but is far, FAR less effective at killing healers (doc/advy/MA/MP) and I'd advise that you should seriously consider the lack of an instant special that can stun in PVP if you're actually thinking about using exca in PVP (there's no question it's better in S10)
    Clarion Call

Broadly speaking, specials kill normal hits are outhealed. This is true BROADLY. However, my 170 keeper in the proper team hits 2500 regular hits at 2500 AR at 1/1 in full defence, at 150 you wont get quite as high AR but you could get close - maybe 2300 or so with eye of pred, trader, and crat in team, and proper AR setup. I'd reckon with a good twink you could be hitting 2k regulars, which is enough if you can keep your target rooted that you could take him down with regulars+fast attack only, regardless of healing capability. But that will almost never be the case unless you have a buddy who is trader and another who is crat and you can depend on them to OSB you and root targets while you pound them into next week, that said, you have a MUCH greater reliance on special damage for faster burst damage when you can catch your target.
    2k regulars in PvM, easy. 2k regulars in PvP, unlikely, unless I'm missing a boatload of +dmg somehow.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"

ya, 2k damage pre PVP adjustment.

But you won't find many non-tanky profs with more than 10k HP at 150.

I won't go into details on weapon equipping, but it was possible in 2008 so I'm 100% sure it's possible now. Basically, just need to max treat, then max right arm first (240 imp), then max left arm, then max stam, then equip maxed armour using pistols/NCU's, equip remaining symbs (mainly waist, brain), reperk and equip. AFAIK you don't even need to do CL retwinks more than 3 times so it should be pretty straight forward.

As for melee init, shiny is feet, so that's enduring (same for 170 as 150), bright is leg, 170 gets vig, 150 gets growing so small loss there, and faded is waist, again 170 gets vig, 150 gets awakened - that's a loss of about 20

170 gets Pen sanct, vs 150 with ado sanct which is a loss of 10

My current setup uses 2x 275 sleeves which should be possible on 150 since I didn't max these slots deliberately (I wanted to keep them out of OE for HP) but melee init doesn't go OE so the full bonus is available despite being 75%.

Other obvious slots are keeper syndicate brain, sacrificial ensigns, penultimate keeper chest (I assume you can get 275 with proper effort), which is a loss of 3 and Perfected Alien Tank Armour.

IP losses as a result of skill are probably the biggest loss with perhaps as much as 4x 20 levels for 80 points.

Then the only difference you're probably not counting is I always plant the highest tower I can for it for another 80-100ish points.

I do still need OSB to cap 1/1, as I said, but whether it's attack booster or OS doesn't matter (for me), for a 150 OS should get you there.

Then the only difference you're probably not counting is I always plant the highest tower I can for it for another 80-100ish points.
    Ah, right. I haven't had towers in ages.

That's why he's KeepOr professional and you're not !

Oh wait... =D

At least MKS "possibles" take us to padded cloudy dreams =)
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

Well... Thanks for the help and ideas everyone. I may have access to tl5 tower site so i guess that'll help a bit but these setups seem ridiculusly overpriced and over the edge considering i'm not staying as a s10 twink forever.

Will likely just stay for a couple of weeks only. As for s7 i'll stay for like a month probably but considering that i will dual it with my already twinked crat i don't see any major problems there if i slack a bit on twinking.

I'm a member of a quite a bit large alliance so for the twinking purposes i probably have access to (almost) every yesdrop item in the game excluding ai armors tho' the end setup will have to be my items and not borrowed. And i plan that to be quite cheap as i have a grand total of 200m in all my chars at the moment and that's why i'm staying to farm those sectors a bit just so i can make some money for the tl6-tl7 cred sink.
    Current RP characters:
    Celia "Naleana"
    Cellante

Both ai armor and excals are super cheap now days, 1-2 hours in s10 for a few days and u could prolly fully gear your keeper in ai armor/excal, which is also great lvling armor and just resell when ur done with it.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Rox makes a good point on resale value. However, I will warn you that the price of AI armour seems to be dropping by the day.

If you're only planning to stay 150 for a little while, anything 200-225+ for armour and a fastish weap will be great.

I use a crit setup on my 150 keeper with some CM/ofab mixed in and it works really nicely.

I tried with 225 wolf and while it was fun in BS it was really slow in s10 so i did go with ECotE at the end.

Using 225 ofab sleeves/chest and the rest are 223-225 CM but they're 75% becase i used 2he/aad imps instead of left/right arm symbs so i'm loosing tons of stam/str.

Works quite well in s10 tho' i feel some lack of survivability and its crap in BS. Guess i'll have to find a happy medium for it soon. I'll stay at s10 until i make like 2b from it considering i spent like 900m for this equip.

I'm at work now so i'll post an auno link when i get back home but just for reference i use AoR 5 Reaver 5 and Samurai 5 for SL perks and CoHI maxed with keeper ai line for insight.

I think i'll have to at least find a way to fit Coon in there for pvp without hurting my dd much for s10 somehow
    Current RP characters:
    Celia "Naleana"
    Cellante

why samurai 5?

imo there's 2 ways to get nice DD boost in S10.

1. use direct crit (stuff like pred circlet + viral targeting unit)
    2. use AR modifiers to boost crit

add damage is almost irrelevant using Ecote since the damage range really favours criticals.

the first method is good, but you get the obvious downfalls, which are reduced melee init, which makes your agg/def bar slide up aggish, and means you take more damage from nukes.

The second method keeps nice agg/def, and can get you some decent boosts to other stats as well, but broadly speaking everything is a tradeoff.

One thing that is a bit weird is that I've found even with about 20% static crit on my 150 keep, I get significant crit reduction on S10 bosses, and a guy with like a half turd worth setup with a bunch of nodrops nearly OD'd me (mind you this was a few years ago) on a gen farm. I couldn't believe it but I ran the dumper and it turned out all the expensive crit gear I had was doing nothing for me and his cheap as chips setup with borrow strength+MoTR+some aruls was ODing my 15% scope+igoc's... I was stunned.. but anyway, vs trash mobs I own him badly so there's that.

I'd go with 4 reaver 6 blessing + 5 coon. That's pretty much the go-to setup for PVP for 150 for SL perks. but you really want a bit of HD (inf LA, inf leg) at least to boost your HP ticks and maxed first aid.

i'm personally a pretty big fan of dropping one perk into samurai for deep cuts (I do this early on at level 40 or whatever as well). But that adds a bit more oomph and it's also AMS vs EC which is nice.

For pure farming, you could lose the blessing perks and go with AoR which gives you more HP/minute, but is really sub-par for PVP due to lack of DA. DA is actually one of the strongest perks available to you if you know when/how to use it. basically with 14k HP if you pop coon+DA as you run into a firefight, you might get a lot of attention, but a lot of damage will be soaked by coon+DA, since the reflect is calculated before the absorbs loss. In 1 vs 1 PVP, it's the alphastopper. I've fought guys with very good PVP rank, and 10 seconds into the fight right after they've dropped their entire alpha into me and my HP has only dropped by about 10% they are mind-f*cked and sometimes just decide to sit down, thinking they've lost the fight for certain. But of course you're screwed if they save their alpha for 30seconds :P

the best thing you can do on keeper is farm eye of predator religiously, and make sure you got all your evade swaps, at LEAST notucomm, green hud 3, sandy goo, I like glimmering magnetic ring + dalja ring of power, then if you are using Igocs (I use OFAB which are locked in) you should have nearing 2k static defence, pop subjugation and you can get some pretty mean evasion which is really nice.. I even used Harmony for a while to boost those levels a bit but I found that the loss of 7 perks made more reliable defences vs nukers and emergency defences lacking with that setup.

Anyway, sounds like you've got something decent to work with.

If you use the Awakened Right Arm you'll just need either a Bracer of Striking Force or Adrenaline Factory to keep your CM out of OE, and if you're already using a melee damage saba on your left wrist then the Bracer of Striking Force will give you 2 more damage, 100 more HP, and ofc 14 Strength.

With the Right Arm, going with the Symb loses you 9 AAD, 14 2HE, 5 Fast Attack, but makes up for it with 15 AAO, 37 Deflect, and 7 2HE from strength trickle.

What you need to do 300 wolf at 200 keeper? Beast star, full research etc. enough or is towers needed?

2he wont be a problem at lvl200 for ql 300 wolf...u might have trouble with brawl if youre toon is not trox but no towers needed .