Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: please consider changing engineers special absorb blockers

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    i kill it because engie dog has too much snare resist (and when a snare does stick an engie can just remove it because they have nothing better to cast), too much ar and way too much dmg for the amount of ar it has. and it's a snare aura carrier. by killing it i know the engie either pops an unbuffed shell which on its own doesnt do as much or takes the time to swap into buff gear to get it combat ready which is essentially a combat debuff. if killing engie dog is harassment then so are drains, ubt and dominates.
    makes totally sense if you kill the dog, and then stay to fight the engi. but killing the dog and running away is getting pretty close to harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by slythea View Post
    makes totally sense if you kill the dog, and then stay to fight the engi. but killing the dog and running away is getting pretty close to harassment.
    if anyone root someone and runs away its harassment?

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    if anyone root someone and runs away its harassment?
    thats the reason roots are going to be reduced in duration and getting time locked, if i remember correctly

thats the reason roots are going to be reduced in duration and getting time locked, if i remember correctly
    then you get punished for beeing tactical.. :O
    sounds weird to me, but i asume its allowd to have a diffrent opinion.
    not gonna argue much about it if so. but i think if pets got blockers it be rather redicules.
    as faar i know all pet users has a issue with pets beeing ''harassed'' if not killed then rooted, but i find it logic since pets is strong enough to kill players they should also be killed like evryone else. players can be alphad in 3 seconds, so why your weakest pet gets killed fast i see no problem with since this can happend to a regular player aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    then you get punished for beeing tactical.. :O
    sounds weird to me, but i asume its allowd to have a diffrent opinion.
    not gonna argue much about it if so. but i think if pets got blockers it be rather redicules.
    as faar i know all pet users has a issue with pets beeing ''harassed'' if not killed then rooted, but i find it logic since pets is strong enough to kill players they should also be killed like evryone else. players can be alphad in 3 seconds, so why your weakest pet gets killed fast i see no problem with since this can happend to a regular player aswell.
    aight then lets make it "tactical" for everyone. give every weapon 10k hp and make it attackable without harming the bearer. give it a 1minute cast time and of course make it so you have to equip it again. thus just like an engi having to reach the pet nano costs you have to reach the requirements of your weapon.

sounds ****y? because it is. this is the current engis situation!

if you hate the "blocker to pets" idea then a workaround would be to reduce the pet buffs drastically! i have at least 8 buffs, 2 trimmers to buff PER PET after popping the shell. for reference: crat doesnt buff carlo at all and ceo with 1 buff, 1 trimmer. mp has about 6 important buffs for riwhen but thats it.

if the pet is almost ready after popping the shell then yes we dont need our blockers expanded to pets.

I didn't realize when dog dies your troaller gets unequipped and your chicken self destructs.yeah I guess engies are the nerfest prof

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    I didn't realize when dog dies your troaller gets unequipped and your chicken self destructs.yeah I guess engies are the nerfest prof
    Riiight!?!?! Some of these forum threads are so dumb I think the OP actually thinks that engis need love.

Give pets blockers? Sure then the engi gets 0...how's that sound?

You pick mr. OP, do you want blockers OR your pet... You aren't getting both.

Lmfao can't believe this is a real thread.
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

aight then lets make it "tactical" for everyone. give every weapon 10k hp and make it attackable without harming the bearer. give it a 1minute cast time and of course make it so you have to equip it again. thus just like an engi having to reach the pet nano costs you have to reach the requirements of your weapon.

sounds ****y? because it is. this is the current engis situation!

if you hate the "blocker to pets" idea then a workaround would be to reduce the pet buffs drastically! i have at least 8 buffs, 2 trimmers to buff PER PET after popping the shell. for reference: crat doesnt buff carlo at all and ceo with 1 buff, 1 trimmer. mp has about 6 important buffs for riwhen but thats it.

if the pet is almost ready after popping the shell then yes we dont need our blockers expanded to pets.
    so when a player ends up in reclaim for example they usualy rezz longer than 1 min.
    and when we talk about battlestation from when you die to you get out agein is close to 1 min.
    your pets is not anymore special than a regular player.
    engi is overpowerd and stupid, so to hear you whine about something silly as the OP dog getting killed is just redicules.
    accept it and be happy your profession is overpowerd and problabe never gonna be nerfed down to the avrege professions.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Jun 27th, 2015 at 17:57:08.

im not whining about my dog getting killed. im talking about people continuously kill the dog and run away and harass like that! im all good with people killing my dog in a duel strategy-wise. but having to recast&buff your dog every 3minutes for 1minute sucks and takes out all the fun on battlestation. thats harassment and not strategy.

now can you get off your high trolling horse and give arguments against such a change instead of telling me how stupid i am for this proposal.
    in particular tell me in which way its okay for people to farm the dog like this, and why its too op for pet spec absorb.

so what you're saying is that anyone that runs away after landing a root/snare/debuff is harassing people. gotcha. the arguement against this change is crystal clear: pets are a buff. removing this buff is a part of strategy in bs to cripple the engineer's damage output both in the short-term (engie doesnt have a dog anymore) and the longterm (if engie wants to get the dog back they have to rebuff it which takes time). it doesnt matter if the original opponent runs away as bs isn't 1v1 pvp it's team pvp. chances are there will be someone around that wants to kill the engie and will appreciate the lowered dmg output.

like chicken and the pistols on engi wasnt enough from before. want your dog to have full auto while your at it? :P
    now i am just haveing to much fun i gues.
    but to maybe be more serious..
    engi is a very strong profession, you cant only sit with posetive benefits of beeing this strong. this is why i dont find your complain about dog getting killed legit.
    if engi was nerfed in weapon dmg, i would maybe been more posetive to your pets getting more defence, but thats not the case.

You guys are missing a key part of the argument, and that is the broader suggestion that all prof auras should go to pets.

Consider the obvious:

When playing "solo" the "solo" player relies not only on himself, but on his pets.

Since he is reliant on his pets, then the pets simply constitute his "team"

Team auras, by logic, should be represented on the pets.

Simple, straightforward, and even trolls should understand this obvious simplicity.

Now, if the trolls want to argue, the argument should be as follows (note I'm throwing you guys a bone here, because I know a lot of you are unable to put together cohesive arguments): Yes, allow auras to hit pets (since logic), now the issue is OP pets. If indeed the pets are indeed OP, then lets figure out the necessary adjustment such that pets are no longer OP. How about this: remove the flag that stops pets from being AS'd? Then you guys can run around blowing your specials on engi dogs to your hearts content.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12