Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: change battlestations "full cap" mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    I do not think this is a good idea to implement "proximity caping", however there is one thing that pisses me off and hopefully some mechanics could be changed.

When I start capping and somebody attacks me it should be my decision if I continue to cap or if I stop caping and start fighting that sneaky coward!
    As it is now this mechanics give unfair advantage to all kinds of sneaky cowards and is used even by: enfos, keepers, soldiers, NTs, etc.
    I think I have met every single profession doing that, because majority of players do not IP perception and it is possible to IP sneak on a lot of profession that have some spare IP and abuse this mechanic.
    Have you tried pressing "Esc" on your keyboard? Works fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    If an agent takes half that time to get buffed, that's the agents autistic agenda taking over.
    Seriously man... What the ****?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I've been playing my agent a bit lately and half the time I just buff 5 things: 260 AS buff, 600 conceal, crit buff, and two procs.
    If agents are having a hard time getting totally buffed in 10 minutes, then either you're trying too hard, or the prof is broken. Maybe we should just remove TP?
    Go have some fun Srompu... if you're gunna buff for so long, go do war or something.
    Level to 220 and see how you do with 5 buffs.
    It takes a solid minute of nanorecharge to buff a TL7 agent, TP sold, and FP doc. Swaps are on top of that, not to mention you get kicked from decon and lose the init/regen. It's not prohibitive, just really annoying to be sitting there buffing while the quad runs.

I play casually now, and don't have time for what NW has become.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    Have you tried pressing "Esc" on your keyboard? Works fine for me.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by slythea View Post
    first of all id like to state that in my opinion the battlestation is a place giving pvpers a place to fight. the daily missions make pvmers go there for vp/sk, thus helping a round to actually start, which is good.

we all know how a bs round looks like:

the pvpers want the round to be as long as possible to fight, not caring about control points and on the opposite the pvmers that want the round to end as fast as possible trying to full cap to end it.

i just did 6 rounds in a row that didnt last for longer than 5min because of full caps. its not fun for the pvpers! considering bs to be the last place where pvp actually happens something needs to change.

id propose a change to the fullcap-mechanic:
    how about once a full cap occurs it will dash 100 points ahead with the current fullcap speed and then it will automatically make the core node neutral (or 1-2 random nodes might be better to stop people from anticipating and preparing a second fullcap right after)

like this there is no 500points fullcap and pvpers can actually pvp for longer!
    how can someone full cap thou if the others are there to pvp? isnt it just to go camp a station like mid for example and prevent the capping team for capping? then u get your pvp since they want to cap it.. :O

Quote Originally Posted by Nonzo View Post
    One thing that never gets brought up enough whenever these threads pop up is that "pvpers" are not for the most part actually interested in challenging pvp. The notum miner area provides an alternative arena in which legit pvp could take place yet you never ever see people pvping there. Why is this? Is it simply the case that the average pvper likes to rejoice in the prowess of his/her build by facerolling levelling and untwinked/uninterested toons more than actually facing a real challenge?

I know all pvpers deny this vigorously but the evidence is there for all to see. Pvp areas exist and are utterly uninhabited whereas those areas in which the game provides a mechanic to lure untwinked toons in exchange for xp/sk are popular

anyway I'm off to gank some greens, laters
    Truth

----------------

Just update "Will to Fight" :

- only able to enter if you have 250+ Kills
    - have it give double the Score-Points for PvP-Ranks
    - No Consoles to Cap
    - Each side has 50 Tickets , a respawn uses up 1 Ticket , Side who runs out of Tickets looses
    - Double the VP gained from the Red Beacon on the Corpses
    - No Kills happeing for 1 Minute = both sides loose a Ticket
    - Winner gets TRIPLE the VP

This might be a strong enough Bait to draw Killfarmers away from BS and give dedicated PvP-People a Game-Mode where neither total Newbies nor Consoles interfer with " Seek and Destroy ".
    Last edited by Dollcet; Jun 25th, 2015 at 10:30:06.
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Out of all BS ranges I hate 215-220 most ...
    101-150, and 151-200 are fun and you can find some good twinks and 1on1 fights.
    215-220 is for retarded zergs and situations when ou drop from 100% HP to 0 in less than 1 sec.

IMHO FC tried to ballance and please all 220 "pvpers" when in fact 220 pvp is broken beyond reapair...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Needs to be fixed..cant be that rounds doesnt even last 5mins...its really just a 4cap war recently. Very annoying for all pvp'rs. So please give us something else or implement a 15min timer.Side with more points at the end Wins, easy and nothing complicated. As for the guys that are against it...idc about ppl joining with tl5 symbs and med suits and cry for getting farmed, its a Battle Station, name says everything -BATTLE! Not a place for lazy guys that join just for Fast XP. Grind ur Inf Mishs instead.
    220/30/70 Atrox Soldier ..::.. Experienced Hunter Shoorty Fearme Movie 1 2 3
    220/30/70 Nanomage Agent ..::.. Neophyte Prince Fedez
    150/20/42 Atrox Enforcer ..::.. Rookie Duel Pheddex Please

- SEMPER FIDELIS -

I've always had a problem with the current BS system... I'm glad it gives xp in order to get people to join, but at the same time I usually just wish it didn't. When I join BS, I want to actually have a tough fight. I want to kill people, and I only expect to die.

But that is just a dream.
    What actually happens: Team your way to easy kills (yes, I've been in teams in BS too), don't team and still just zerg (follow another prof you know will kill easily with your prof), or sit at the opposing spot and push q on the afkers.

The PVP in AO isn't about skill.... Everyone sits there and says it's all about skill, yet it has hardly anything to do with it... Which is why we all get the max AR (which for some professions is entirely too easy compared to others), specials, and perks that land easily just to see someone and faceroll and say we are the best at killing everyone. GG AI armor.

Outside of the fact that PVP is broken/professions are broken, the way the BS works is BS.
    PVPers ignore caps and find people, pvmers 4cap and we all sit outside waiting for the next round to start. I'm in full support of removing the 4cap ability... Sure, give a 4cap 5 points, but there is absolutely no reason for it to tick as fast as it does, and be able to last for the full 500 points... Yeah, you're able to stop it... But if you're nowhere near a point, you can make it to the nearest one and cap and still be at least 250 points down... Then everyone is playing catch-up on points and the pvp factor turns into root and go cap...

I've always liked the idea of a more complicated capping system... Say... You have to get an item to "use" on the terminals...
    Ways to get said item:
    1) Kill someone, receive item along with the VP when you claim the red thing.
    2) Add another terminal to the opposite side of the cap area (the back point wall) that you have to click and receive an item for one of the other 3 points, not the one you're at. (Say you run to B, grab the item, head to C, cap, then have to run to another terminal, other than the one at C, to get another item [can be any side capped point, just not the one you just capped]... I hope that makes sense to everyone...)

Maybe not even make it an item, but a buff... However, with the new NCU viewing, you would be able to be spotted as someone who is going to go cap instead of just someone killing, which may make you a bigger target..

It's a rough barebone idea, but something of the sort to make it more than just a run in circles to cap...
    Bloodyknight (220/30) Keeper
    Bloodycrat (220/30) Bureaucrat
    Bloodytank (220/30) Enforcer
    Bloodyengi (220/30) Engineer
    Bloodynuke (220/30) Nano-Technician
    Bloodydoct (220/30) Doctor
    Bloodysold (200/30) Soldier
    Bloodymongo (200/24) Enforcer
    Bloodyintern (150/19) Doctor

http://beingageek.wix.com/bloodyserenity

Quote Originally Posted by Dollcet View Post
    Truth

----------------

Just update "Will to Fight" :

- only able to enter if you have 250+ Kills
    - have it give double the Score-Points for PvP-Ranks
    - No Consoles to Cap
    - Each side has 50 Tickets , a respawn uses up 1 Ticket , Side who runs out of Tickets looses
    - Double the VP gained from the Red Beacon on the Corpses
    - No Kills happeing for 1 Minute = both sides loose a Ticket
    - Winner gets TRIPLE the VP

This might be a strong enough Bait to draw Killfarmers away from BS and give dedicated PvP-People a Game-Mode where neither total Newbies nor Consoles interfer with " Seek and Destroy ".
    Or make every BS range have a newbie and pro instance. Get over 250 solo or team kills and you are forced into a BS with no cap points, higher rewards, etc.
    Greenies can no longer be farmed for high level titles and the BS game mechanics/spirit is better preserved for levelling characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Player1 View Post
    Or make every BS range have a newbie and pro instance. Get over 250 solo or team kills and you are forced into a BS with no cap points, higher rewards, etc.
    Greenies can no longer be farmed for high level titles and the BS game mechanics/spirit is better preserved for levelling characters.
    BS has a problem running as it is, let alone making each BS have two instances... That would just mean BS doesn't run...
    Bloodyknight (220/30) Keeper
    Bloodycrat (220/30) Bureaucrat
    Bloodytank (220/30) Enforcer
    Bloodyengi (220/30) Engineer
    Bloodynuke (220/30) Nano-Technician
    Bloodydoct (220/30) Doctor
    Bloodysold (200/30) Soldier
    Bloodymongo (200/24) Enforcer
    Bloodyintern (150/19) Doctor

http://beingageek.wix.com/bloodyserenity

I think if you are the person that actually caps the 4th point, you should be morphed into JJ from Good Times, and every action you attempt to do for the next 5 minutes screams DYN-O-MITE!!! and then nothing happens :P
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    I think if you are the person that actually caps the 4th point, you should be morphed into JJ from Good Times, and every action you attempt to do for the next 5 minutes screams DYN-O-MITE!!! and then nothing happens :P
    I'd do it just for this lol
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Take your pvp somewhere else. BS is about completing objectives and getting VP!
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

This. Objective of BS is getting victory Over other side. 4cap is bestest festest way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Please do not make any mechanic that artificially prolongs this tedious event.

Give the PvP crowd their own good space to fight where they get what they really want.....an audience and recognition.

I propose an arena right in the middle of ICC instead of the big winding staircase. Put up a scoreboard that displays the name of anyone in the arena fighting. Maybe make it so you can bet credits or VP on a player? Maybe this will increase BS participation as well because while I could care less about killing a player that is randomly in front on me by random draw, I can seriously get in to betting on an orgmate against some other toons. I would BS for VP to bet on that!
    Main: - Vonshot: 217/26 Omni Trox Trader

Alts:
    - Nycrow: 191/11 Trox Fixer
    - Tanknip: 217/14 Trox Doctor, The Cookie Monster
    - Nightswan: 164/5 Solitus Crat
    - Ghostblade: 184/19 Trox Shade
    - Megachug: 57/5 Trox Enforcer
    - Kyllx: 51/5 Opifex Agent

NOOOOO! (to suggestion of Arena in ICC)
    ICC is already the worst zone in terms of lag and speeed of loading when zoning.
    Only Newland desert during Desert Rider fight is worst than ICC
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

You can do whatever you want but 4cap mechanic BS runs and non caping notum miner place does not run.

Pvp happens at Duels.
    BS is for farming lowbies
    Towers are for multiboxers to farm soloboxers.

Those are the three arenas, where comat takes place. Everything else is situational and might not happen at all.

BS could be augmented via improved map.

Notum Miner area has potential, but people need a reason to be there. Since "for pvp" they do not show up. Maybe spawn Tara like mob inside, that every 30 minutes is killable. And gives like 5k VP. Something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I hear you about the lag in ICC, new engine impacting that for you?
    I can imagine also some sided tournaments in that arena for maybe control of a single tournament based tower?
    Main: - Vonshot: 217/26 Omni Trox Trader

Alts:
    - Nycrow: 191/11 Trox Fixer
    - Tanknip: 217/14 Trox Doctor, The Cookie Monster
    - Nightswan: 164/5 Solitus Crat
    - Ghostblade: 184/19 Trox Shade
    - Megachug: 57/5 Trox Enforcer
    - Kyllx: 51/5 Opifex Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Nycrow View Post
    I hear you about the lag in ICC, new engine impacting that for you?
    I can imagine also some sided tournaments in that arena for maybe control of a single tournament based tower?
    Nah, in the end ICC performance in old engine is half of other zones and same goes for new engine too... So it's just that ICC is poorly performant zone compared to others...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

The reason why battlestation sucks is obvious.

It sucks because the designers threw it together in 5 minutes.

The reason there are so many complaints about it... is because it sucks.

If you want people to have fun PVPing, there's got to be more thought going into it than 5 minutes of brainstorming and 10 minutes of graphics design.

If you want battlestation to be fun, used, and not farmed you have to get rid of some really key issues

1. WTF retarded level imbalances (notably 101's fighting 150's or 151's fighting 200's.... holy sh*t brain wave... This doesn't work)
    2. design needs improving... What is the ACTUAL concept of the battlestation? how does it fit into the overall theme? (short answer, it doesn't.) It would be FAR FAR FAR better if battlestation and notum wars were removed entirely, and a proper storyline was developed that goes something like this:

A recruiting station is located in a reasonably public place.
    Clan, Omni and Neuts sign up for battle, you choose a site which you want to battle at, the sites are simply the tower sites that are already in game.
    The object is to attempt to gain control of contested ground (there is finite space in Rubi-ka, and both factions are constantly vying for control)

As soon as a sufficient number of participants join up on one side or both sides (6 is minimum number), a 3 minute warning goes live (yellow global message) warning all players that a group is contesting an area, after 3 minutes, those that signed up are transported to the site. Note that there is no requirement that people go to the contested site: you could similarly go and contest a site yourself rather than go defend a site.

All players are placed into the instance, and any new player joining will be warped immediately into the "decon" station which they can leave and join the battle.

To start, neutral CT's will exist in all sites (or existing CT's will be placed).
    Players who are attacking are warped into the instance, then assess the situation - there are X defenders present (likely none in the beginning), and in most situations a tower site will be completely filled with towers. (max number of towers in any site is 6 defending turrets and 6 conductors).

The attackers can immediately start removing the defending towers while waiting for defenders to arrive.

The side that wins can either elect an org to place, or can simply ninja. The org who "places" or "ninjas" gets a land control tower.

The notum tower is a temporary item, it will last simply as long as it takes for the other side to mount an attack. based on mechanics so far, the tower might not last more than 30 minutes, and based on the broad clan/Omni Timezone bias, it's unlikely it would last for an entire 24 hour period.

PVP:

@ Dollcet, I like your idea.
    As new players log in and join, each side is issued 1 tickets PER player joined as communal tickets, plus 2 tickets PER player.

Mechanics are similar to current battlestation - upon death, you are placed in "decon" which lasts say, 30s, after which you can either rush out to rejoin the fight(imagine a site being like a soccer field, and a player is transported to the bench for decon, after decon he rushes back on the field), or players who have died can request extended decon status (i.e. stay in decon) in order to regroup and/or call for backup (there is a system wide broadcast available in the decon which a player can use to profess to all of their faction the necessity of the situation and call for backup). However, players in Decon can only stay a max of about 5 minutes, otherwise they will likely lose the CT as described later.

If not enough players join or they are simply outclassed in PVP, and they get wiped 3x in succession, all the tickets are used and the site is "won". The side that wins "places".

After a site is "placed" there is enough room to plant 6 protective towers, and 6 conductors to accompany the CT.

A site would likely be fully populated upon each round beginning. If the defending faction cannot muster people quickly enough, the attackers would kill the supporting towers.

The CT is "killed", "transferred" or "won" when there is: no defenders remaining AND no supporting towers present. The existing CT can be: 1. killed or 2. transferred.

To kill a CT one must do damage on it. To transfer a CT, one needs 1800 Complit (or appropriate amount per QL of tower 1800@QL 300). You right click the CT which starts a 5 minute transfer sequence. ANY defending player can interrupt this countdown sequence by targeting the tower and hitting it. Note though, that you would need to manually target the CT to do this (i.e. not tabable), and be in range to do it; this obviously puts high value on sneaking profs, and similarly puts high value on perception profs. Any time a CT is interrupted, on a countdown, the CT loses 10% of it's HP due to electrical/mechanical damage as a result of the interrupt.

Any CT which is planted, NEVER heals during a contest. So, clearly, spamming the countdown, and interrupting it will eventually kill the CT, which means that the side which wants the CT must either DPS it down manually, OR play their cards carefully if they don't want to replant it (CT's are expensive, and comparatively higher even with these mechanics).

Finally, the CT is either killed or transferred at whatever HP it is at, and will stand until there is a push for that site again. A CT heals 10% each hour which it is not under contest.

Now, this system replaces notum wars with a updated version of notum wars, and replaces battlestation mechanics with something that utilizes all the good parts of battlestation, makes PVP and notum wars accessible for all players.

It would make battles shorter, more intense, and provide far more opportunities to PVP than current notum wars does. Plus, it would ensure that tower sites are transferred regularly, and, it would also ensure that a small rogue group operating in non-populated timezones could wage war just as well as those in more populated timezones, AND, it would ensure that no player in any part of the world would be locked out from participating in war due to timer conflictions.

Victory points are awarded based on:

1. Your level*50 points if you place a new CT
    2. your level*20 points if you transfer the CT
    3. your level*10 points if you forced the other side to expend all of their kill tickets
    4. your level*5 points if your side won the battle
    5. your level*5 points for participation (general)
    6. your level*10 points if your side used ALL their kill tickets (i.e you get VP for being a good sport)
    7. your level/2 VP/kill with beacon thingy
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Jul 3rd, 2015 at 04:56:08.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast