Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: change battlestations "full cap" mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Stuff
    Whaaat? Nevermind.

The battle station is an instance to gain vp's, period. The mechanic is by getting your team to 500 first.

It's not a pvp exclusive zone, what a joke when people say it is. Arenas are the only pvp exclusive areas in AO and as someone earlier posted you can see how empty they are. lol
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Battlestation doesn't fit with game design, is sh*tty designed, and it doesn't do the main thing it was designed for.

Notum wars need a revamp.

My suggestion is exactly what the game needs. shortened, heightened fights with more to win with more strategy that isn't "grief more".

Active orgs and active players who want PVP will get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Whaaat? Nevermind.

The battle station is an instance to gain vp's, period. The mechanic is by getting your team to 500 first.

It's not a pvp exclusive zone, what a joke when people say it is. Arenas are the only pvp exclusive areas in AO and as someone earlier posted you can see how empty they are. lol
    BS is a PVP zone, and capturing points is part of the PVP there.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    BS is a PVP zone, and capturing points is part of the PVP there.
    Again with this non sense. Battlestation is a zone to gain vp's period. Not to be confused with broken shores a zone where you can gain dyna camp loot. Both zones allow you to pvp but neither zone requires pvp to gain victory points or dyna loot. You can go into battle station in IP reset with no weapon equiped or equipment on and never hit Q and as long as your side gains 500 pts first you win and get same reward with out ever engaging in pvp. derp derp derp

You can not classify battle station as a pvp zone when that is NOT the only, main, or even primary reason people go there. Read the MAJORITY of players there are there for vp's and or xp period. Take those away and battle station wont run period.

There are are only 2 pvp "zones" in AO and that is the arenas period. Anything else is a pvm zone with the ability to pvp period.

Once you understand that AO is a pvm game with the ability to pvp in certain zones then we can stop the non sense. Pvp is not popular in AO, if it were the arenas would be full of people "wanting to fight". But its empty, you know why? Because people dont "want to fight" they want to "epeen on pvm players".

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

This is ridiculous, its like playing CS and getting mad when someone plants the bomb cause you wanted more time to AWP on that map.

Completing the objective is the entire point of these things, if your playing it just to fight other players without paying any attention to the objective then your the one in the wrong place. You would be much better off trying to ask FC to make the open PvP zones that exist to be much more enticing to players so they become more popular
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

The proper solution to this would be to make more PvP "modes" for BS-type scenarios. We currently have what's usually known as Domination these days.
    There's nothing wrong with it and 4capping is natural enough to it. Whining about it is not going to do anything.

If we added a CTF mode (think Warsong Gulch in WoW), or a few other common modes.. things could be made rather fun for the PvP crowd.
    Same goes for Siege-type stuff (make some decent use of the mechs for once) or any other pvp'ish mode.. I won't say Huttball because I don't see a viable way of getting it in-game both copyright and mechanics-wise but it's likely the most fun PvP I've ever done.

Mixing the PVM semi-naked toons into this is always going to be an issue. A lot of people just want their 3 Daily XP and VP ticks. They don't care about the PvP involved and they don't want anything to do with it. It's fairly annoying to find a reliable solution to this.

What makes other titles (like WoW) better than AO in this regard? Why are there fewer PvM-focus people PvP'ing? There's viable alternatives.

- You can quest your way up and have fun doing it. It gets old eventually but some people just love it and do it over and over on many characters. By comparison AO's quests, daily or otherwise, are not in any way enough to level 1-220 on their own in any meaningful way.
    - You can do dungeons from early levels straight to max level reliably. There's many dungeons with a fair enough amount of XP and Loot to keep people interested along the way. Again, by comparison, AO's dungeons beg for twinking to be made so you can reliably solo the hardest bosses and farm loot.. but XP-wise they're inconsistent and not a viable path for 1-220 at the moment.
    - PvP leveling is generally slower than PvM leveling. Something which PvP'ers are fine with as they have other reasons to go PvP and the XP is just an added bonus.

I'm sure there's more reasons to be found, these were the most obvious I could think of.

In AO, other than the obvious "getting kited" method for certain level ranges, daily XP is the easiest path to level. Battlestation brings 3 "big" xp ticks. That can be anywhere from 3 guaranteed levels to 15% of an endgame level's SK. What do you have to do for it? Make your way through 3 battlestations that may involve ZERO effort from you since you're not into PvP. 4-capping makes it quicker so you'll root for it.. it's not like you're into PvP anyway..

Instead of thinking small and preventing 4capping / making battlestations artifically longer.. focus on fixing the actual underlying cause of the problem.
    Make sure PvP is worth it and incentives for it are good but that they don't match up / interfere with the "optimal leveling path" for PvM at any point.

There will be less PvP activities up though. Without the naked greenies to kill a lot of the PvP'ers will find themselves in very low numbers and with fairly harder fights.
    I'd welcome that but I doubt that's the general sentiment for AO's PvP crowd..

Towers and redesigning NW is another story. Keeping it open-world would be great but it might just be better to tie it up to instances/battlestation-like stuff and make it functional instead. It deserves a thread of it's own.. or 10.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    Keeping it open-world would be great but it might just be better to tie it up to instances/battlestation-like stuff and make it functional instead. It deserves a thread of it's own.. or 10.
    Did you read my post?

I think the best outcome is to mix BS+NW to make an objective oriented BS round that's always open, has persistent effects and is shorter/more dynamic so there can be rapid shifts in tower ownership and more flux between timezones.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Did you read my post?

I think the best outcome is to mix BS+NW to make an objective oriented BS round that's always open, has persistent effects and is shorter/more dynamic so there can be rapid shifts in tower ownership and more flux between timezones.
    I did and I agree with a good chunk of it. I still think there's room for discussion as losing the open-world component is something many are probably not keen on.
    That said.. if it means NW being more fluid and meaningful again.. let's go for it.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Well, we all have to pick a side. Are you a skilled player who built a good toon and wants to PVP? Or are you a lazy piece of dog **** who wants to go sit in a corner and afk to get leveled for doing nothing? I see quite a few people have chosen their sides already lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailshank View Post
    Well, we all have to pick a side. Are you a skilled player who built a good toon and wants to PVP? Or are you a lazy piece of dog **** who wants to....
    ...QQ and troll on the forums instead of doing something about it?

A lot of people TALK about it, but rarely do I see any of those same players BE about it. Docaholic didnt TALK about wanting new AO graphics he/she is a doer not a talker. All the pvp players talk so much, but I see player run arena tournaments like once a year. A lot of talk but little action. If it's all about the pvp, you shouldn't need any pvm rewards to just make the fighting happen right? #hypocrisy #Or are you a lazy piece of dog ****

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123