Thread: Free to play??

Free to play??

I can't really find what I'm looking for in the forums. Is this game f2p or not? I try to login and it says "Your account is not paid for or has been blocked". I can log into my account on the website and the only options to reactive are to setup a sub. I see on the front page that you can "play for free". Is it for a certain time or a free up until a certain level? I have an old account and paid for the retail box and a number of expansions. I'm sure if I created a new account I could play for free (until ???) but seems a little backwards that people who have no skin in the game, never paid a cent for the game get to play for free but someone who paid full retail for the game and expansions gets nothing.

The F2P model of this game works in a simple, if rather old-fashioned way:

- FREE (aka Froob) accounts can access the base game + notum wars.
    - Paid accounts require a subscription and have access to the full expansion content and the perks that go along with it.

Hope this helps!
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

my account has shadowlands and alien invasion on it. does that mean I can never log in without paying a sub? Pretty silly model considering the sheer amount of good free to play games to choose from nowadays. Do people actually pay a $15/mo sub for this game? I got an email about a new engine and thought I would check it out but there is zero chance of me starting up a sub for that.

Quote Originally Posted by BmcD View Post
    my account has shadowlands and alien invasion on it. does that mean I can never log in without paying a sub? Pretty silly model considering the sheer amount of good free to play games to choose from nowadays. Do people actually pay a $15/mo sub for this game? I got an email about a new engine and thought I would check it out but there is zero chance of me starting up a sub for that.
    Some people do pay the rather steep 15$/month (or even more if you're in the EU). Others pay the much lower overall cost 12-month sub.. it's really down to personal taste/preference which, if any, games people pay for.

Anyone, including you, can also make a free account and start over to check out both the New Engine and the redesigned starter area.
    It's worth checking out imho, but ymmv.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Also should clarify that if your account has ever been paid (SL, AI, etc.. ) you can never go back to being just a free player with that account. You have to make a new one and keep it froob.
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

You can also pay for you subscription using GRACE item, that can be purchased in ingame store and that can be sold to other players for ingame credits. Althou you need to activate your account first, which means you need to pay at least for 1 month regulary.