Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nomads.

Nomads.

Not many out here in pw compared to last year. Takes me about 10 minutes to locate one.

I recognized someone luring lots of Nomads in PW to one spot this morning. Spawn seems to be fine.

Nah... spawn is fine.. but there's alot fewer spots in PW now.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

I checked nomads of different levels in few zones and they all suffer way too low droprate of "gifts"
    I did not count every single nomad I killed but there was more armour parts than gifts and gift droprate was for sure less than 10% I would say around 7-8%.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Might be slow in the initial spawning rotation, like UPHs can be. Or maybe an NT/Enfo is running past grabbing them all

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

People hunting in team, could'nt say there are really less Nomads.

24 killed, not a single gift, 1 piece of armor. That suxx.
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

My org went Nomad hunting for a while last night. We saw probably 10 pieces of armor, 3 of which were QL 300.

Based on what I recall from last year, I'd say armor is about the same drop rate. Seems like there's a few less nomads though.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

I've seen only one on the west side of pw this morning.

I haven't been able to a single Nomad. I have n ot spent that much time look either, but imo, if you search thru PW for an hour, you should at least run across ONE!
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

this is poor stuff, not releasing nomads on friday to sunday.. talk about ruining for themself makeing this event so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    this is poor stuff, not releasing nomads on friday to sunday.. talk about ruining for themself makeing this event so bad.
    What are you talking about ? I've farmed 6x QL 300 shoulders in PW already, they're there...
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    What are you talking about ? I've farmed 6x QL 300 shoulders in PW already, they're there...
    yes i seen some, but there is like 90% less nomads compared to before. i farmed em evry year for new twinks since the begining of nomads and before that guph's.
    so if you wonder what i talk about, i talk about the bad event this year where there is barly nomads around.

you seem to be aware of the issue:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...ad-Spawnpoints
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Jun 27th, 2015 at 17:55:03.

Yeah, but you claimed they didn't release them fri-sunday... but they did. The spawnrate is ok, but the amount of spawnpoints, especially in PW is waaaay too low. Went to Broken Shores, and it seems fine there, you can run from nomad to nomad killing all day there, but they're ~lvl 100, so too low to be worthwhile, unless you're farming tokens for tinker... I assume there's something wrong with that new spawncontrol that was implemented a couple patches ago.... (See 18.7.0 update notes; "A new system to enable seasonal and event spawn points have been made.")
    Last edited by Jihnna; Jun 27th, 2015 at 18:01:51.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

I don't know how the previous nomad events went but it seems very easy to get a vacuum packed set after rider is killed.
    I have a full ql300 set of nomad armor on 14 characters and maybe half of those also have the clio yalm.

Just contribute party items to getting the rider to spawn, help kill it and then walk into the big present for a random gift in your inventory. Seems like a very fair way to get everyone to help each other rather than fighting each other and holding lootrights/spawning for ransom.

All I've been getting from the rider is social junk unless its been ninja changed.

The big present that spawns after The Desert Rider is killed is new as of this year. And yes it helps alot, got myself a QL 300 set myself that way on the only toon that really needed it. (The ones I farmed pads for are already in full alphas, just wanted them if I ever want/need to re-equip/rebuild for ease.)
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Its just a waste of time at this point to even trying getting anything from out here. Three people is all the current spawn rate can support out here.

why do you guys mess this up every single year? making the nomads artificially scarce and having them not always drop gifts is not fun for players, it's frustrating. I mean action figures? Really?
    Cranberri-220 Enforcer and proud president of Riders of the Lost Org
    Daydreams-220 Engineer who will build all your things
    Promised-220 Trader thank you Funcom for making my trader uber again!
    Shimmering-220 AR Soldier pew pew pew
    Merci-220 Doctor who may or may not heal you, it's nothing personal
    Hartbreaker-220 Crat wait...what?

there's no justifying this, Lequack is right, it's poorly implemented. not all what it has been in the past.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

I think its perfect. I don't have any 220's but any character I am trying to get to 220 now has a ql300 set of nomad armor.
    I couldn't kill PW nomads and would have to wait another 12 months until I was in that position to try. There is no way I could get on the kill team unless I paid for the service.
    I did however kill nomads in areas appropriate to my level or lower to help farm party items, helped spawn the rider for everyone and did whatever damage I could to help kill him.

I contributed to the event and got what I needed, that's exactly how it should be. A community event.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast