Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nomads.

ive gotten 2 sets, 1 clio, 2 paramoodic armour things(boot/glove), and 2 action figures out of 7 presents, no complaints from me
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

I found quite a few in Broken Shores, those seem to be spaced perfectly, and drops were adequate. PW and other areas are NOT like that.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Actually saw a couple of nomads in PW a little bit ago. Was working on a third when a mboxing jackass showed up. What a joke.

Did the rider earlier today and got a social costume.

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

Are the level 1 Nomads spawning this year? The ones with the ql 1 nomad armor, tinker items, etc. near the newland desert whompas?

Or, only the ones in the various playfields sized according to the playfield?

I can't seem to find the level 1 Nomads ... what is the respawn time?

Emma

a few years ago they had this like thousands of lvl 1 nomads spawning in a blob. that was the best. should bring that back

the group of level 1s near tinker no longer spawn, now nomads in NLD vary in level from 1-30. This change really annoys me tbh as the set levels were fine since the ql range on nomads was double that of regular mobs.

*Worded my sentence wrong, all zones including NLD vary in level which I dislike. No one runs to BS expecting level 120-145 average nomads with the double ql range when trying to get 70-150 nomad pieces.
    Last edited by Rockdizzle; Jun 29th, 2015 at 23:03:07.

Not sure is this comedy, tragedy or something else. Dozens of players are waiting at Tinker while handful of players are hunting those few nomads to scrape together needed items to pop Rider.
    AO PvP: "Scissors are over powered. Rock is fine." - Paper

Soon people will just give up and rider won't pop at all anymore. At least I had some luck and got what I need on my essential toons this year through sheer dumb luck of the big gift and waiting around. Farming the few pw borgs was futility and the lack of nomads is ending this event early.

in PW north west are around 25~ nomads, respawning every 4-5 minutes. I farmed 8 ql300 shoulders and around 10 more items in 2h. Spawn is fine?

Nomad spawn rate looks better now. People Crat Calming the Rider as it becomes attackable causing it to healdelta bug out is a bigger issue than people gathering up once the Tinker hits over 400.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Blumax View Post
    Not sure is this comedy, tragedy or something else. Dozens of players are waiting at Tinker while handful of players are hunting those few nomads to scrape together needed items to pop Rider.
    I say ingenuity. I have my froob bank alt sitting near the Tinker so I can hear people mech up while I'm out hunting nomads on my main account. Perhaps others are doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Nomad spawn rate looks better now. People Crat Calming the Rider as it becomes attackable causing it to healdelta bug out is a bigger issue than people gathering up once the Tinker hits over 400.
    Pretty sure FC could fix this with making it the only boss immune to LMN. It's not like LMN is needed on it, and as you're implying, it's done for pure harassment.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Hey what was the deal yesterday around 7 ish PM EST where we all had to stop shooting the Rider because he kept healing? My wife and I were there and don't understand what happened really.
    I assume someone was doing something to reset the mob?
    Main: - Vonshot: 217/26 Omni Trox Trader

Alts:
    - Nycrow: 191/11 Trox Fixer
    - Tanknip: 217/14 Trox Doctor, The Cookie Monster
    - Nightswan: 164/5 Solitus Crat
    - Ghostblade: 184/19 Trox Shade
    - Megachug: 57/5 Trox Enforcer
    - Kyllx: 51/5 Opifex Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Nycrow View Post
    Hey what was the deal yesterday around 7 ish PM EST where we all had to stop shooting the Rider because he kept healing? My wife and I were there and don't understand what happened really.
    Sounds like what usually happens when someone LMNs or a calm bugs on a mob. Pretty common bug in AO really, if you don't stop hitting it the mob will just keep healing.
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Quote Originally Posted by Nycrow View Post
    That will be the Crat bosscalm issue I mentioned. The calm doesn't properly break when people start attacking the mob and it ends up stuck at 0 seconds. The only way to clear it (and therefore the massive healing) is to reset the combat for the mob. I.e. everyone has to stop shooting. This happens with other mobs too, most notably with the portal mobs in Pandemonium if you have a Crat rush up, boss calm and then pull the adds back to where the tank is.

Old bug. WTB fix please.

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

Just did the latest Desert Rider and contributed ~150 items to get it going, distributed relatively evenly on three characters. All title seven. Got a social beacon on one, Serenity costume on one, and a 10th ann. birthday cake on the other.

Perhaps for next year this needs to be revisted as the effort put forth isn't even remotely close to the reward gained, especially as mboxers that show just in time usually get lootrights anyway.

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
    Just did the latest Desert Rider and contributed ~150 items to get it going, distributed relatively evenly on three characters. All title seven. Got a social beacon on one, Serenity costume on one, and a 10th ann. birthday cake on the other.

Perhaps for next year this needs to be revisted as the effort put forth isn't even remotely close to the reward gained, especially as mboxers that show just in time usually get lootrights anyway.
    Yes, something that recognizes those that put in the Tinker parts, particularly if one toon contributes more than 50 parts for a spawn.

Emma

The RNG for this one is nuts. 7 sets of Nomad armour on one particular character before a Clio (and 2 bags full of other things, just from the death present alone). I had quite a pile of present bits from previous years' nomad farming to contribute so at least half of one of the Riders was me

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

The RNG for this one is nuts. 7 sets of Nomad armour on one particular character before a Clio
    I'm up to 5 Clios and zero armor sets on my trader. /sadface

It would be nice if we were able to trade something like 25-50 Tinker Tokens for a specific social armor piece. The way it is now, I have Digummy pieces scattered across all my characters and a full set is nowhere in sight.
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendaar View Post
    The way it is now, I have Digummy pieces scattered across all my characters and a full set is nowhere in sight.
    But they're yesdrop, you can just /shout to anyone at the event for a trade of their spares for yours.
    Whoops. Orchid Plasteel is not the same thing.

The RNG for this one is nuts.
    It seems about right to me, I opened about 100 Gifts and got the amount of clios and armours expected.
    Last edited by Psithief; Jul 13th, 2015 at 12:25:25.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast