Thread: Friends List

Friends List

Ive been searching and cant seem to find an answer to this. I downloaded the new engine beta client last night and got it all installed and such. Got in game and do not have any friends in my friends list. I haven't played AO in probably 5yrs or more. Never had it installed on my current PC. I guess the new client doesn't download your settings. Anyone know of a way I can get my friends list back?
    Thanni Title 6 omni Bureaucrat Me Gimpy Gear! (semi retired THANKS FC!)
    Proud General of Unity of Rubi-Ka

Search the forums for a post how to import your old Prefs Folder into the new Client ( if you even have a Backup of your old Install somewhere ).
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Yeah, to my knowledge the friends list is only stored locally. So if you don't have the prefs folder from the old install somewhere you are out of luck.

The server merge will have messed it all up anyway as all characters were given new charIDs and the FList works off charID not name! But copying your old prefs back over should help with everything else anyway, unless you didn't have a backup.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Your friends list is not in your preferences, it is stored on the chatserver. I haven't tried on the new-engine client, but this is how the old-engine client still works, and I don't see a reason they would change it.

New and old engine clients use the same type of prefs both client and server side. Anyone you put on your FList AFTER the server merge should be there. The key part is AFTER the merge because everyone got new charIDs - if OP hasn't logged in in 5 years then that's pre-merge.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Once again, your friends list is NOT stored in your prefs..

Yep, you already said that 2 posts ago and I don't see anyone disputing your claim. However, all pre-merge friends are indeed gone from the list.