Thread: New engine - Awesomium update.

New engine - Awesomium update.

First off i just have to send out a big thanks to Mitchi and his team for the new engine finally being in public beta testing and on top of that on live servers, just pure awesomness! Even though its a little rough around the edges its still great!

Oh and thank you thank you thank you! I have been waiting for the browser for years, more so than the new graphic engine as I play this game because its a great game, had I cared about the graphics I would probably started playing another game back in 2004 :P

However topic at hand doing a test of the browser (not key-bound by default go to keybindings at bottom 'windows' section bind it and enjoy) at http://html5test.com it scores very poorly, which also correspond to all the tests I have been doing myself trying to find what works and what does not, which is by the way A LOT, by running the test towards html5test.com its quite clear its running a very old version (1.6.5), which scores very low compared to their newer versions which actually scores quite high and making Awesomium a very capable browser.

Is it too much to ask perhaps squeezing in a updated version in the future?

/Kites
    New site www.iraid.io

Dochere____ :: 220/70/30 :: Doctor
    Kitessolja_ :: 220/70/30 :: Soldier
    Kitesengy__ :: 220/70/30 :: Engineer
    Kitesenfo__ :: 220/70/28 :: Enforcer
    Shadykites_ :: 220/60/17 :: Shade
    Cratalot___ :: 220/70/30 :: Bureaucrat
    Kitesnt____ :: 215/57/13 :: Nano-technician
    Crattykites :: 217/48/15 ::
    Bureaucrat
    KItescrat__ :: 217/48/15 ::
    Bureaucrat

That's the version that comes with the Dreamworld engine, isn't it? The Secret World has to put up with the same ancient version. This probably goes deeper than just AO.

Yes you are probably right, I should be happy its made available in the first place, man have I used a lot of time asking and nagging that it would be made available some day. And rather just work with what we got But still asking does not hurt anyone, for all we know they could have an active licence giving them the rights to implement a updated framework without additional licencing cost, perhaps the browser in their Lego game uses a newer framework? (If it even has an browser in game? I would imagine so, what new games doesn't.)
    New site www.iraid.io

Dochere____ :: 220/70/30 :: Doctor
    Kitessolja_ :: 220/70/30 :: Soldier
    Kitesengy__ :: 220/70/30 :: Engineer
    Kitesenfo__ :: 220/70/28 :: Enforcer
    Shadykites_ :: 220/60/17 :: Shade
    Cratalot___ :: 220/70/30 :: Bureaucrat
    Kitesnt____ :: 215/57/13 :: Nano-technician
    Crattykites :: 217/48/15 ::
    Bureaucrat
    KItescrat__ :: 217/48/15 ::
    Bureaucrat