Thread: Arete's Landing tax for leaving?

Arete's Landing tax for leaving?

Hi,

I just noticed that the tax for leaving Arete's without completing the quests has gone up to 15k, from 2k.

We all understand and appreciate the need and the energy put into making the cred sellers not being able to create chars on a line and spam the channels but why do we all have to suffer because of them? I mean, the tax is good for new players and people that wanna experience the new PF but what about people that have ALREADY experienced the PF or that ALREADY know the game? If I want to create a new char and powerlevel it, having to farm 15k to pay the tax or do all the quest is really an annoying waste of time. 2k was an understanble sum but 15k?? It's not that easy to farm for every new char I want to powerlevel or level it with a 220 Sold/Keeper on /follow.

Now, leaving aside the hate for *OMG, PL! SIT AT KITE HILL AND AFK!! USE SOLD CUZ N00B DK HOW TO LEVEL PR0P3RLY!!*, seriously consider changing the tax because it's not fair to have to pay the price for some idiots trying to sell credits.
    If you don't like it, quit.
    If you're staying, stop bitching about it and help.
    If you don't wanna help, at least don't hurt it.

Isn't the credit card still that sum?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Isn't the credit card still that sum?
    Not sure I know what you're asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline View Post
    Not sure I know what you're asking.
    Basically the credit card for one quest has exactly 15k on it so leaving Arete was just retrieving it, using it and bribing the guy.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Pfffft.

I'm an Arete's noob. You were right, thanks!