Thread: Having trouble with 1440p.

Having trouble with 1440p.

For some odd reason I cant get the game to start at 1440p. I have the driver set and am not quite sure whats going on. I can start the game at 2040x1440 and play fine but I cant get a res to work over that.
    I did download the patcher through the update thread link. Any advice would be appreciated.

I reinstalled the client and 1440p began working. Playing on an r9 280x, in the starting zone my min fps is 22 and max 57. It seems that the only setting that changes my fps at 1440p is if I turn all effects off and thats only about a 5 fps increase.
    I find it kind of odd that with anti aliasing maxed or off I get the same fps.

sounds like you're cpu bound, what cpu do you have?
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    sounds like you're cpu bound, what cpu do you have?
    8350, got it overclocked, 4.5 ghz. After restarting my pc and a good hour of messing with settinga I started to see 30 to 60 fps running around the starting area with all settings maxed and 4x aniso. Going to 16x anisotropy only costs me around 5 fps. To be honest I don't really see much of a visual upgrade over 8x. I doubt my cpu is the bottleneck unless for some reason this game is just crazy cpu intensive. My proc isn't even going over 50 degrees and my gpu hangs out around 55 deg. I should probably check the actual speeds because maybe something is causing throttling even tho it isn't getting hot.