Thread: Prevent SL quests from scaling

Prevent SL quests from scaling

So apparently no one does their garden/sanctuary keys anymore at the appropriate level because it's far too enticing to do them around 215+ because the quest reward scales. So we end up with a whole bunch of players close to 220 that don't even have their Aban key let alone their Inferno key. It's sad and pathetic.

Uhm, nasc keys do not scale. Ado and pen do. Not sure about Ely sheol.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

They don't scale, per say... The reward "item" given is a % level's worth of XP.

Now, if that same reward "item" is given for completing new inferno missions, but XP from mobs is now largely pointless to leveling at let's say 215+, why wouldn't anyone want as many rewards as they can quickly get? Sad and pathetic is a rather harsh opinion, since those players are simply taking the path of least resistance.

The way the reward item itself is designed keeps players from even wanting to do new inf, and for good reason. Assuming no XP from mobs or daily's, it would take 20 new inf's to level from 219 to 220. If anything, that's a design problem, and players are cleverly working around it. If the mission reward for new inf was, at lowest, 10% XP for any given level, players might pass up doing other quests simply for leveling speed. But 5%... No, they aren't going for it.

Until something else changes, quest XP for high level players should be left alone. They've already nerfed this in the past without an alternative.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

All Garden Key XP reward items were changed ages ago so that they DO NOT scale past a certain level.
    Penumbra Keys
    Adonis Keys
    Scheol Keys

For example, Pen keys give a percentage reward up until 200, and then past that it's a fixed amount.

This was not always true, and people who are telling you to not do your keys until 215+ have clearly not been paying attention to the changes in the last 5 years.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

After a certain level for each garden key, The reward become only one or two dailies.
    Last edited by Teeko; Jul 3rd, 2015 at 01:48:03.

i skip plenty of garden keys when i know i'm leveling a toon to 220 because it's not worth the time to run around collecting crap for a place i won't re-visit any time soon, if i need to get to RK i have a beacon for it, and if i need to go back to SL i have a beacon for that too. even if people wanted to save their keys or other quests for a higher level to get the rewards from them, that's their choice and they should be able to do so if they want to. personally i'd rather see the double rewards on things like the scheol quest come back because it broke up the mindless grind during the last few levels.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

How do you beacon to SL without a key?

Quote Originally Posted by Malosar View Post
    How do you beacon to SL without a key?
    Insurance recall

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Insurance recall
    Please that's far from the same thing and at 50 vet points a lot don't have it.

My wife did the Scheol Yutto's and Jobe Scientist quest to catch up her 220 Crat for the nano and was getting 90m research xp for every reward step of the quest. Suffice to say, she finished several 9 and 10 research levels solely from those 2 scheol quests.