Thread: Is the Xan Weapon Upgrade drop from Collector actually back with 18.7?

Is the Xan Weapon Upgrade drop from Collector actually back with 18.7?

First off, if this has been answered or discussed already, I would greatly appreciate a link to it's post, in which case I will transfer and continue this conversation there. However I did not receive any helpful results from the forum search engine or google search, when I queried the keywords "Weapon Upgrade Collector" (There were results, but they were several years outdated and not applicable to 18.7).

Thus, I would like to ask the community if anyone has had one drop since 18.7?

Or if you have any link to an announcement post by a Dev regarding re-introducing Xan Weapon Upgrade drops from Collector, that would be fantastic!

Personally I am on a hellbent "quest" to acquire a Pride of the Xan for my 200 keeper "Demogorge", after hearing rumors of Weapon Upgrade drops from Collector. I will be trying my utmost to acquire one as soon as possible, regardless of the fact that the rumors I have heard are stating that the WU (Weapon Upgrade) is a gold chest drop only, making it extremely rare and therefore extremely expensive in terms of time and credits (and luck?) spent to acquire it. I think that the implementation of Upgraded Xan Weapons for 200 twinks would be an exciting and fun challenge, not to mention new content (woot!).

Now, based upon the assumption that WU's are actually dropping from Collector, does anyone else have any "Must Have" weapons they are planning on getting for their 200's? I would love to see a Bhan-zor Enfo, or perhaps even maybe some form of dual wield Xan weapons, like Ku'rush and Hatred on another Enfo, but I wouldn't wanna be the guy who has to farm multiple Collector Wu's haha!

Michizure stated in some post pre 18.7 that WU will be back to Collector. Personally I never seen it, nor people who farmed Collector pretty much didnt confirmed.

WIKI indicates WU dropping WU there, but noone confirmed.

I have 3 twinks at 200 which could use WU aswell - perhaps, since WU drops like mad, it could be just YesDrop? I would love to see that change.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

I'de like that, yesdrop on wu, evens out the playfield for making fun 200's.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Basically Pre 18.7 (like second last patch I think) WU was reintroduced to Collector a 2nd time and placed in gold chests instead of silver, obviously tons of people ran to collector to try and get one including me. after like 100+ gold chests it was confirmed that WUs were not dropping but instead a Froob T-Shirt, nothing was given to those that got 1 (heard a few had 3).

After Michi "fixed" the loot again he accidentally added the other 4 bots to gold chests and had them dropping at ql1, later patched them out and fixed qls.

Since the fix in 18.7 I haven't heard anything about someone getting a WU from Collector so I imagine it's just that gold boxes are still unable to properly give out WUs.

best solution would be to make WU yesdrop. Price is atm like 10-20m at top, and there are some classes that could use, with huge twinking, Xan weapons at 200.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!

Hrm thanks for the confirmation Rockdizzle and Pomidor! I am officially super motivated to get a Xan weapon 200 twink haha!

And in response to the suggestions that WU's (Weapon Upgrades) should become "Yesdrop", I personally would have to disagree. I mean yes I have observed that the WU prices crashed HARD since 18.7, and that anyone 201+ can get one super super easy now, so alot of WU's are rotting on corpses because they are simultaneously Nodrop and very low in relative demand.

My primary reasoning for wanting to keep WU's Nodrop is this : I think that the very concept of a *200 twink with a XAN weapon* represents the utmost level of twinking and dedication to a character (not only dedication to grinding AI and LE XP, but also dedication to farming the ever elusive Collector WU); And thus, I would be a little...overwhelmed, or perhaps just plain insulted if every 200 character had a XAN weapon because they could afford a 30m beast weapon from Ipande and a 10m WU off of GMI, and that's the hardest case scenario, because most ORGs just give these items to their active members.

Of course...there is the other side of the argument...and that is : If XAN weapons were made widely and cheaply available, tons of people might flood to 200 BS for pvp, tons of 200 twinks might be dusted off, and maybe just maybe a fair amount of resubs would happen... Although I have a feeling I am one of very few people who prefer 200 PVP over any other level, meaning that WU's for everyone probably wouldn't have such a "revival" effect on old level 200 subs.

In short, I feel making WU's Yesdrop would significantly take away from the feeling of accomplishment and prestige that would otherwise accompany acquiring and equipping a Xan weapon at 200.

Additionally, having WU's drop from collector boxes adds extra motivation to farm Collector. And that seems like a good thing to me because I have hardly seen any Neutnet/Dnet message regarding the sales of Collector boxes.

In conclusion I myself am happy with the system setup in place that allows WU's from collector boxes, but I do understand the motivation for the other viewpoints; I mean how many active 200 twink players would actually vote against easy acquisition of XAN weapons for their character in a public poll? I think if it was left up to the public it would be a landslide for Yesdrop WU's, but I personally am against them.

How do you feel about this?

I have camped thousands items in this game for twinks for over 12 years, vast majority of them for twinking purposes only - and there were occasions, that all effort went for nothing because things have changed. I dont feel like camping WU, even if it will drop from Gold Chest - either I should buy it or farm it (same thing, if I need farm money for superb overpiced item, when buying 6xBronze Box). In any way, this would not make me feel exclusive, when I will get it. Firstly, there is one of my five characters twinks that Could use WU:

NM 200 Enf with 2hb - Can't use even with max twinking (maybe with 300 contract..., maybe, but weapon would be OE anyway)
    Trox 200 Soldier with AR - Cant use due lack of FA skill
    NM 200 Eng - Even with maximum AR/Pistol setup I am short around 300, so its impossible
    Doc 200 - Could not use any weapon: pistols, ME.., any.
    Keeper - So, this is only one char I could use on, and it would be Dusk of Xan, not paired, so 1 weapon dualed with shield (since I have now Hammer).

As you see, WU dropping from Collector would affect only small range of characters/breed and it would be:

MartialArtist: They already can use powerfull ViralBlades.
    Trader: As always, Trader can use top weapons.
    Agent: Same as Above.
    Keeper: both 2he and ME are aviable for this profession.
    Enforcers with 1he/1hb/2he: at some point this is possible
    Shade: They already can use Hacked Medi Blade, Deceit of Xan is just a little better.

As you see, situatoin, except losing hundreds of hours for camping something EXCLUSIVE, changes not much, for characters which already have acces to powerfull weapons* and it would be - in comparesion - same as lvl 1 characters with BoC, its doable if you got time and help. (* - I have agree that Greed of Xan should get lvl lock then, with WU YesDrop to lvl 201+, because at TL6 BS this weapon would just bust everuthing!). Bes side of WU YesDrop and exclusivness, would be seeing Twinks with this - despite some say, reaching 2201 skill is hard enough, requires lots of time (researching, collecting items, creds).

Granting possibility for looting WU from Gold Chest, while it drops like mad in Xan is bad way of balance (if WU would drop actually form there), : players either pay for it 10-20m for LR, or must camp it alone/pay 300m for 6x Bronze Chests and pray for luck. Its somewhat not balanced for me. In the end, WU would be junk at collector, unless one will get GoldBox just for 200 twink himself.
    I like PvP
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!

I'll put it this way, if it was decided the next day that WUs were going yesdrop I wouldn't try stopping it. Tbh I would prefer 200s getting access to xan hub instead tho if anything.

Sure you would see more xan weapon twinks but really only on Agents, keepers and maybe Enforcers, most other profs either plain can't do them, not worth doing due to better options or the effort needed would make one question their sanity.

Fixer for example takes probably the most effort of any twink you can think of at 200 besides maybe Adv(99% same twinking process) and by the time you get on the Envy with the ability to keep it 100% with decomp up you will have farmed 1 195-200 gunship, a spirit shroud, equipped a 250 symb, a 232 EOE, ql250 SMG memsx5(for equipping envy but can skimp on 3 if needed), 3 contracts minimum for gun and 4-5 contracts for 280+ imps/ 250 symb.
    I would LOVE to skip the farming of collector which I have already did before when it wasn't properly dropping(unfair to everyone who farmed for days/1 week trying to get 1), it's not like I care in the end if the weapon was hard to get when the process of getting it on is equally as hard and impressive, h3ll no one cares that I even have a 250 symb or 231 EOE on my fixer right now.
    Last edited by Rockdizzle; Jul 6th, 2015 at 08:36:05.

like I said: there is allready hardcore way to get requirements, and Camping WU for 200 twinks is unecessary.
    I like PvP
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!

Its not about the requirements, the point of the xan weapon at 200 isn't for a huge gain, but rather so you can "say you did it". The WU isn't required by 200s, so its rarity and/or effort to get is completely fine. If it was a requirement and the only way to get it was collector, then yesdrop could be a solution. But, with the current gains from a xan weapon at 200 being minimal, theres no reason to open the availability more.