Thread: Suggestion for Xan like instance to loot new tier embryos

Suggestion for Xan like instance to loot new tier embryos

Hello, this idea is in my mind for a long time, what about adding gauntlet like instance that would allow us to improve that old lovely tier armors to new exciting levels ;] Maybe addingdifferent tradeskill processes to adjust armors for different purposes so people will have to farm them not jsut for the lolz.

What do you think.

Yeah let's shackle more new content to crusty old crap. Everyone loves farming tier pieces!
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Could be cool but I don't see it happen.

Not that making Tiers is a huge pain atm, but we have a wide armor choice at ttl7, and it's a nice deal. Adding an upper option would leave them behind, and AO is just about farming already. It might come with a brand new level of itemization, but FC is far from releasing a new Xpack...

Then, even if damagedbrain was quite rude, he summed it up quite well, Tier armor belongs to the past (and Ofab is already a better version of it) stats wise and building wise, and we'd better get something NEW.
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

Just because it's "old" doesn't mean it can't have a renewed purpose, not to be rude but just saying "it's old and hard to get, we have new shiny stuff that's easier to get" and not giving it a second thought is pretty narrow minded. We get nowhere like that.

If you see a problem with it point it out or offer alternatives, if you don't like the idea just say you don't and leave it at that. Let everyone else discuss it and if a result comes up that even Michi approves of it will get implemented, if nothing gets produced thru discussion than this thread will just disappear after 2 months like it never happened.

I feel the more practical and less work intensive path would be to,

First extend the stats of Faithful/Chosen all the way to ql100 (simple and makes 100-219 tier more appealing),

Second would be to fine tune the stats of tier and add/switch skills to the armor sets so a 300 piece of faithful/chosen sits somewhere between base and improved ofab, it keeps ofab as the "best" option as it should but leaves tier as a decent alternative for PVMers. Tier doesn't have to have the same skills as Ofab, in fact it's better if it's different somewhat.

Third would be to remove the 1-2 million cred cost on jobe armor, no reason to pay creds for it if ofab is a free option and better.

No reason to make new icons/models/areas etc to accomplish something that can be done with simple adjustments.
    Last edited by Rockdizzle; Jul 11th, 2015 at 02:44:03. Reason: Added a "s" to "get"

Maybe something like this could happen with Michi in charge, however this has been suggested many times and we still don't know if they will do it/what they think about it. I like the idea of an armor that you need to quest/explore for that can go with you all the way to end game (maybe not more powerful than say AI armor, but powerful enough that it can definitely be something to use besides just ofab), and I agree with others in this thread that the base armor (jobe) should not cost like 10 mil for a set (Its hard getting that kind of money on a newbie, especially if they don't know what their doing), and you should instead be able to quest for the pieces (maybe keep the "get insignia xy and z for piece a" and have some other components).

Monthly Development Update - August 2015 (Pyramid Scheming)
    Hello everyone, I hope you've had a great August! Most of this month has been spent inside of a dank dungeon.

The Pyramid of Home
    Much progress has been made with the upcoming Pyramid of Home dungeon! To recap, this will be a 6-man dungeon with 4 boss encounters. I plan to have all the bosses fully functional by the end of next week, and the whole encounter content complete towards the end of September, which is when I hope to ship it to Testlive.

While there will be 4 boss fights within the dungeon, there will be a total of 6 possible bosses to encounter, all of which have their own methods to deal with pesky invaders. Beyond these boss fights, in order to proceed further in the dungeon, a certain amount of coordination between team members will also be required; timing will be key.

I will be saving some more specifics on the individual monsters and their rewards for next month's update, though it may be worth it to gather up and/or dust off all of that old Pandemonium armor.

yay

Gauntlet is terrible as it is due the way its timer works. Another instance of how it is now will just be another nail in the coffin. If it was always open and then locked you out for 18H then it would be fine but its not.
    As for tier armor better then ofab/AI armor, no. People need to stop thinking we need to progress vertically (always better then the last thing) and start accepting we need to expand horizontally (As good as the last but offers different incentives) The power creep is already terrible.
    For tier armor itself it needs to be redone so its much more accessible farming and credit wise. There are already dozens of threads on how that can be done so I wont go on about it.

No new instance would be needed for this. Farming Tir 3 SL pieces is already a hassle on it's own. That effort, and such beautiful armor should be rewarded with proper bonusses and put to display more often. The Tir 3 SL bonusses are old and not inline with the effort it takes compared to Tir 3 Ofab...

Just add an easy obtainable "thingie" that strips the core of a Tir 3 QL 300 Ofab which lets you infuse the Tir 3 QL 300 SL and upgrade it to current standards (and shiny glow or something).

Or how about the "borrowed" idea of set bonussus?

Oh, or how about the idea that specific armor works "better" in SL area or in AI area or on RK. Wear special Armor that will boost your ability in SL but is less effective on RK or anything AI related.... Or is more effective when flagged/ in a hot tower area.... Yeah now we are speaking...
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Aug 31st, 2015 at 12:44:07.