Thread: You've been invited to the Battlestation!

You've been invited to the Battlestation!

You have been invited to fight on the Battlestation!

Do you wish to join the fight?

Yes | No

Blue side | Red side
    Fighter ready! | Fighter ready!
    Fighter declined | Fighter declined
    Fighter declined | Fighter Ready!!

If not enough players click yes. Don't start the round!
    And let us re-sign up/check our status in queue whenever/wherever.

We are all tired of clicking 'Yes' to that invite, only to end up in a 20 second long, prematurely canceled (due to too few players accepting the invite) BS round along with one other bastard who was dumb enough to also click 'Yes'.
    Leaving us far away from where we were, and without all the cool buffs we had managed to get. And we didn't even complete our daily mission!
    When will this injustice end?!

Please.
    Help us, Michizure, you're our only hope!
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

that would be awesome, if its even possible to implement. But IMO more problem cause people who are waiting In Queue and doesnt watch screen thus they miss invite because there is no sound message. I missed BS like this dozens of times.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    that would be awesome, if its even possible to implement. But IMO more problem cause people who are waiting In Queue and doesnt watch screen thus they miss invite because there is no sound message. I missed BS like this dozens of times.
    A sound message along with the invite?! You discust me! Playing AO with sound. Eww.

Just kidding. A sound notification would also be nice. However, I doubt that it alone would fix the issue of empty BS rounds. Sooo... Bump!
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    Bigger problem is those who join the queue, the queue does not pop, and they log off. They stay in the queue until the queue pops (this is easily tested as you can queue up, log off for several hours, log back in and you are still same position in the queue), invites are sent out, some people join, those people do not hit yes or no and the invite lasts for some minutes. Once the invites go away then BS registers there are not enough players and kicks everyone out. This adds several minutes between warp and end of BS round.

And FC can't think of a better way to do it so it has not been changed for years. The invite also has to warp you, as if you can click the button then you can be warped. If the invites were sent, buttons are clicked, and the warp came after everyone has accepted this would cause issues with players who cannot be warped because they are zoning somewhere else when the warp happens.

The easiest short term fix is to add a regular "online" check to the BS queue. Every 15 minutes it checks for offline players and removes them from the queue. This will reduce the number of "false start" BS rounds significantly.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

bump
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

++++
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

Bumpity or even better.. take off the restrictions once inside. If it starts... let it finish. Why stop people who have waited in queue from achieving their goal? Even if you are the only person to click yes... they are capable of hitting the points and winning the battlestation... let them have the reward they deserve.

its just removing reward.
    The only things of importance you will ever find in this life are only those things which you place importance upon!

About time to bump this me thinks.
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

It's also annoying when everybody joins the same side and ppl aren't aware of if if/when they run to do other things while waiting in Q.

New button: "dude, hook me up in the queue, don't care about side just make this silly thing start already.." and let the system sort it out
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Apr 17th, 2016 at 13:44:59.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Qualto View Post
    You have been invited to fight on the Battlestation!

Do you wish to join the fight?

Yes | No

Blue side | Red side
    Fighter declined | Fighter declined
    Fighter declined | Fighter Ready!!

If not enough players click yes. Don't start the round!
    And let us re-sign up/check our status in queue whenever/wherever.

We are all tired of clicking 'Yes' to that invite, only to end up in a 20 second long, prematurely canceled (due to too few players accepting the invite) BS round along with one other bastard who was dumb enough to also click 'Yes'.
    Leaving us far away from where we were, and without all the cool buffs we had managed to get. And we didn't even complete our daily mission!
    When will this injustice end?!

Please.
    Help us, Michizure, you're our only hope!

+++ A sound is needed when Battlestation invite pops up+++
    +++ A simple summary at end of every BS round with: Kills, Death, Assists, Dmg done, Heal done, Dmg taken, Capped Points, Solo Score gained, Team Score gained +++
    Carolus Hekthor Priamos - Advisor of S.I.N.C