Thread: How to be constructive..

How to be constructive..

Hi guys, been awhile since I've posted anything, doesn't look like much activity is going on in this forum to, and I can understand why, it's nice of Funcom to break the mould of the cookie cutter setup keepers have been forced to play to be effective... yet I feel it's a worse option than we had before which was not upto the task of pvm/pvp..

I recently changed from 2he, to Melee Energy, it's a nice change 2HE was boring and limited, but I feel it's not really an alternative option, the perks are poor, and the damage in PVM is such a drag it takes forever to kill something I'm sure ME is probably the worse dps setup in game? it's only effective in pvp against most non heal professions and melee professions .. which means 4 profession? shade/enf/ma and keeper everything is ranged which has always been our weakness, we've been the last class to get a 30% special/cap... where can we go from here.. it's such a grind to play at the moment, I'm guessing most people are playing alts and other professions, Funcom/professionals give us something?.. more dps/more perks, something fun!

Also can we have rebirth with lower skills so we can cast it on ourselves when we're resurrecting at insurance claim I know the idea is a team thing to use on other players and not just ourselves..

PS none Keeper related, Michi is doing a stellar job, and with the majority of changes, bringing the new client to live was a good thing, as people will pick up on more bugs and they can be fixed faster, and I know this will be a low priority and be awhile before it's considered, other professions have had some nice changes to, MPs, NTs, Agents, Ma with Zazen.. just feel there's a lot of alternatives in professions to play other then keeper, I just feel we've been neglected since LE/Xan and haven't yet been brought upto speed, I do however like the dimach recharge that was a huge positive.
    Last edited by Legion84; Jul 22nd, 2015 at 15:43:50.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

This is a known issue among the keepers. the regular hits is very poor with the mele energy.
    2h.edged has less ar than mele energy and the perks has like 100% better chanse to land than 2h.edged ( and yes i know its not 100%, but its a huge diffrence )
    So either setup you pick on keep you kinda get nowere.

1.Reaver perkline should be boosted with love.
    2.Mele energy ned more dmg weapons, like modified version of light sabre with more min dmg and no sneak attack but fast+brawl for example or make some 2.handed mele energy weapons with fast/brawl and no sneak?

Thanks Le Quack, glad to know it's not just me who feels the same about the situation, I don't want to sound like I'm crying or whining about it, trying to make a valid point and get us a well deserved boost or at least bring it to the attention of the guys behind the scenes who can fix this since there will be small tweaks around the current balance of professions in the game
    Quote:

Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

I find Melee Energy to be a nice change as far as having duel wield and the change in style.( Although I do wish I could start a collection of different M.E. weapons to use or hoard in the bank, since I have a whole backpack of swords I collected as 2he.)

I haven't tried too many different setups with melee energy yet, but it seems like for pvm you almost need a pure DD/Crit combo to even get to a moderate damage level. I used to feel naked w/o 12m buff (as 2he) just for the sake of the AAO/AAD bonus and now I feel like I need it all the time just for the +DD so I don't fall asleep killing mobs. I think some mods to Sword of Dawn/Dusk for either increased damage or a possible upgrade, as Le-Quack mentioned, would be a reasonable place to start. As far as the CS perk line, I think an adjustment in the amount of damage and maybe some of the recharge would help. I love Seppuku Slash as an awesome finishing perk especially pvp, but it seems like a perk you have to save or waste it in pvm.

Keeper's simply have too much going on and because of this they are really not good at anything.

Stance like zazen would be cool I'm. 1 for defense/heal and one offense/defense.

Keeper buffs are nice in a team but, the keeper him/herself is not. There simply is no defined role besides buff totem. Jack of all trades, master of none.

Having fun with the upgraded exact copy, able to get some lucky SA/AS swaps...but yes overall keeper is just about as boring as it was pre-patch.
    Devil Inside
    Demon Inside

Couple of Duels yesterday..
    220 - Advy in dragon form lost, too much HP no chance they'd have to be AFK.
    220 - Advy in wolf form lost, perkable but still no window of opportunity, too much heals/absorb.. evade
    215 - Enf, won, but still got perked!! 1hb perks are 80% check.. when they had procs up.. I never had pen buff, dancing king, or ofab legs on went for a balanced setup..
    220 - Agent lost,.. just no chance to much DD to absorb..

Used to be master of evade clsc vs 4x melee profs in game... and every other profession seems to be ranged!.. just no hope.

I'm ME, End game only miss acdc.. so it says a lot.
    Last edited by Legion84; Aug 3rd, 2015 at 17:36:42.
    Quote:

For years the definition of a "good pvp keeper" was to successfully MR + supernova swap alpha someone in borealis once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    For years the definition of a "good pvp keeper" was to successfully MR + supernova swap alpha someone in borealis once a week.
    Sad but true, i'd happily let Michi log my keeper and duel, so he can see how unbalanced things are for us atm, my theory is you balance professions for 1v1, mass pvp/towers/city or BS is team work so it doesn't matter.. cause people always say yeah but keeper is good in mass pvp.. how is it been good just been a punch bag, and not having any fire power.
    Quote:

I really don't think there'd be any real problem with lowering the recharge on SA to 20s.

Actually... I think all specials should just get recharge capped:

fling: 3s
    burst: 6s
    FA: 15s
    AS: 15s

fast attack: 3s
    brawl: 8s
    sneak: 15s
    dimach: 60s

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I really don't think there'd be any real problem with lowering the recharge on SA to 20s.

Actually... I think all specials should just get recharge capped:

fling: 3s
    burst: 6s
    FA: 15s
    AS: 15s

fast attack: 3s
    brawl: 8s
    sneak: 15s
    dimach: 60s
    I agree, it would be nice to allow us BS for some pvm love since that is suppose to the In with sneak?.. to much ranged love in ao, I'd like to see a rework on the ME perks and a better minimum damage on the weapons
    Quote:

Did 20+ BS on my keeper this week and it has left me wanting to rip my hair out. Frustrating to say the least.
    Devil Inside
    Demon Inside

both reaver and mele energy ned a fix, and battlestation is not fun indeed becose of agents 2 sec alphaing you if you used coon or reflect perk and if there ia a engi on the other side teamed up with a group they walk over anyone if the oposite team doesnt have. those 2 professions is the biggest issues inside battlestation and in open world pvp atm.
    to block a special attack and to do it 9 times is realy destroyer in pvp.
    and agents to perk 20-30k dmg in some seconds and land it on whoever is madness on top of huge crit hits
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Feb 14th, 2016 at 22:46:27.

I tried ME, it was fun because it was different and then I changed back to 2he cause the Excal/AS swap is far better and the only way you will ever kill anything.

Enfs outheal our damage, it's that bad.

Our melee defence is mediocre, not an evade profession but high-ish but that doesn't get us anywhere.

We need a snare: still not sure how the design went around that all ranged profs have snares and melee get none lol.

we just ned more regular dmg, and minor perk dmg boost.
    keeper is the profession who does lowest dmg in pvm out of 13 professions.

we have clarion to hook people to us and i dont think we ned snare, that will lower the need for other professions like fixer/crat to have a role in open pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    we just ned more regular dmg, and minor perk dmg boost.
    keeper is the profession who does lowest dmg in pvm out of 13 professions.

we have clarion to hook people to us and i dont think we ned snare, that will lower the need for other professions like fixer/crat to have a role in open pvp.
    You have to be really careful with your statements, because, quite frankly, they are riddled with inconsistency.

My keep in 2he with a reasonable crit setup 38-40% and a whack of add dmg tacked on (1200ish with procs/buffs up) can dish a pretty decent amount of damage.

If I went ME, the damage wouldn't change much (less perk damage, more crit damage, more regulars, more proc damage) but might go up a hair.

But what is so important that nearly everyone doesn't take into account, is what the team DPM boost is by having a keeper in team.

https://aoitems.com/item/273360/impr...he-immaculate/ + https://aoitems.com/item/266889/righteous-smite/ = 350 add dmg

And that's not just "oh whatever", 350 add dmg is more than some profs have IN TOTAL in their normal setup. Its more than soldier can buff, more than soldier + advy can buff, heck... it's more than Advy, AND soldier, AND engi can buff all together.

350 add dmg directly boosts your teams damage output by roughly 5*350*80 = 140k damage, and that's not including damage from burst - that's just normal hits and standard perks and fling. Add burst to that.. if you have 4 ranged users that's another 31k damage.

So by having a keeper in team, you're adding another roughly 170k damage to your teams' damage output. Now, sure, you can say keeper's are lowish damage - but I doubt they are the prof who does the least damage (enforcer, doctor, trader, shield MP, melee advy, fist MA even?, AR sold...), but none of these profs bring the same kind of boost to team output as a keeper does.

Because whatever damage a keeper DOES do, he boosts the team output by the amount equal to another frigging person. So if you're doing 250k DPM... your actual contribution is closer to 400k.

Not to mention defence.

I could be in a big minority, but i have never cared about team pvp.
    Quack is right in most of his assessment, keepers damage is so lackluster it's embarrassing. By requiring 2-Handed Edge Focus on reaver perks, keeper has lost the ability to alpha anyone with a clue.
    Devil Inside
    Demon Inside