Thread: please change imp requirments on right arm bright or put swim clusters back ingame.

please change imp requirments on right arm bright or put swim clusters back ingame.

For those that do not know adding swim bright cluster to a right arm implant was the only way to make the implant require stam to equip... which was extremely useful for twinking.

Out side of that I am perfectly happy that swiming as a skill was removed :P

bump.

Absolutely. I'm not sure what the easy fix is here. putting swimming back in seems like a retarded way to fix the problem.

might sound silly but.....

how about adding a second ability to the regs but make all implants right click to change abilities.

from

stren xx
    treat xx

to

abil1 xx
    abil2 xx
    treat xx
    right click

so group the abilities like below as an example and you just right click to get the 2 best abilities for twinking or implanting.

agil / psy
    sense / stren
    stam / intel

just an idea.
    [GM]: Is there anything else I can assist you with for now?
    To [GM]: lol can you tuck me in bed please im tired xD
    [GM]: Haha, that's a new one! :P

Rikaria 220/30/63 NT sent to bio matter reprocessing
    Strinarry 220/30/61 Crat eat you heart out hotbars
    Emmantion 200/30/58 Fix is it dead yet >.<
    Kamiashi 200/00/00 Soldier (froob) spoilt child

Hummmmmmm I did not know that trick!!! and it was removed QQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

↑↑↓↓ ← → ← → B A
    Alternatively remove Atrox only tag from Borg Imps (at least the arm)?

https://aoitems.com/item/164832/cyborg-arm-implant/
    Quote Originally Posted by thecheeseman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidana View Post
    This is so out of context regarding my quote that I don't even know how to respond...
    because i win.

Eeeesh.

So we have an implant system where every skill has a bright, shining, and faded cluster, each one of those on a different implant. 13 implants, 3 clusters each, for 39 clusters total per implant set, and what clusters you use determines what the ability requirement of the implant is. This system has 75 (counting Map Nav and Swimming) skills and they've made it work somehow that any implant can require any of the 6 base abilities depending on cluster selection.

My guess: Judging from the fact that Map Nav and Swimming skills still exist, but are just un-IPable (they're in the "disabled/legacy" section instead), Map Nav and Swimming implants still exist in the game, weren't removed from anybody's inventories, so that implant ladders that people already had would not cease to work.

Any fix to this besides making Swimming and Map Nav clusters purchasable again would have to involve shifting what clusters go on which implants, which would involve every helper tool out there for creating implants becoming obsolete, lots of implants being removed from the database or becoming rare trade items selling for billions of credits. Or worse, increasing the size of the database and having two "classes" of implants so that all possible requirement combinations are covered. Or, possibly a little game-breakingly, putting another possible cluster on any implants that were affected by the removal of Map Nav and Swimming clusters, such that SOME skills can have more than three clusters implanted, which would inevitably end up favoring some particular style of gameplay or some particular skillset.

That's a tricky one, but previously, every implant could be geared to require any of the six abilities, which is obviously what is intended, so it should be fixed. I would vote don't allow IP into Swimming or Map Nav, as it currently stands, but do allow those clusters to be purchased. Maybe even allow Swimming to affect swim speed, so that the cluster purchase isn't *entirely* useless (outside setting the skill requirement, of course).

Again, any other fix would probably break an otherwise perfectly balanced system. They didn't think it through when they removed swim clusters from the shops, so now we have this. Other fixes mean more unintended consequences.
    Last edited by vitriolic-v; Sep 6th, 2015 at 17:29:36.

just let people pick what attribute an imp should require.
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Just gif swimming cluster bax. And have swimming speed be swimm+runspeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by orochi3 View Post
    just let people pick what attribute an imp should require.
    No way. That's part of the challenge. "Oh, you want to implant this particular thing here? Well it's going to cost you PSY rather than AGI which you have in spades because you're Opifex and a Fixer and most of the implants that are good for you need and buff AGI -- you're not a caster, you don't get to have that particular implant for relatively free."

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Just gif swimming cluster bax. And have swimming speed be swimm+runspeed.
    ...what? So that fixers zoom across the water at warp speed? This makes no sense. Just put the cluster back in, but override swimming manually to always be some large fraction (like 3/4) of runspeed -- because Adonis sucks.