Thread: SL Anchor/Recall working?

SL Anchor/Recall working?

It's been quite literally years since I've used these, but are they not working currently or something? When I use Shadowland Safeguard I'm getting the 'You successfully bound x teamember(s) to this location.' message, said team members are getting the 'You were successfully bound to this location.' message and then when I target and cast Impel Shadowland Recall a few minutes later without my engi having moved anywhere (no disconnects, team member is still in SL etc), nothing happens. If I use the lower pair (Shadowland Anchor and Initiate Shadowland Recall), the same things happens. If I mix and match, again nothing happens.

So what gives?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

You or your team-members have not done the teleportation quest. (You get it from the NPC by the grid-terminal in ICC.)
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

If the problem is the teleportation quest this needs to be fixed, since that quest is no longer mandatory to make the warp/meep nanos work if i understood it correctly from Michis older patchnotes.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

I thought that had been reverted by Michi over the course of several patches o.O

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

Yeah the removal of the quest is a little buggy, some of my toons needed to do it others didn't, I could find any common denominator though.
    Grid quest here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tvQ5wWmnEo
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Did all xan quests for a tl5 twink the other day.
    Worked like a charm.
    And saved a considerable amount of time.
    Obstacle1 - Fixer
    Pouritture - Engineer

I haven't experienced any problems with it here
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

Well I did the quest on the alt (already did it on the engi) and it works but only if the alt is in the same SL zone. If the alt is in a different SL zone it fails. Sigh. I could've sworn in the past I used to use it to warp alts to gardens if they had quests that involved a lot of running around (e.g. Ado brain, Pen Quest) - which is what I'm trying to do now. But if I stand in the Garden the warp only works if the alt is already in that garden...

Edit: A friend tried it with MP warp. Same problem. The alt can be warped if it's already in the Garden, but once it hops out of a statue the recall fails.
    Last edited by Ophiuchus; Jul 28th, 2015 at 22:10:12.

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

So you're saying, you bound your alt with your eng standing next to it in the garden.. you then venture on with the alt, and you are unable to recall it to where your eng anchored ? That is kinda weird.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Yep. Except if said alt is in the Garden already (but out of visual range). Then it gets warped to the Engi (or the MP) just fine. As soon as I click a statue and zone out of the Garden into the SL zone, the warp can no longer work. I zone back into the Garden and oh look, it works again. That's what's so weird about it.

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

Ok i did a test as well as it seemed strange to me.
    with my mp i anchored my keeper in garden and tried to warp him from there, no problem as expected.
    I then jumped off from garden with my keeper and warped him back with my mp, also no problem there so it seems to work just fine.

This is easy to miss as it works slighty different from rk beacon:

The anchor nano:
    This nano allows the meta-physicist to anchor everyone in the team to the current locations in a Shadowlands playfield. The other members of the team must be close to the meta-physicist when the anchor is being established to be affected.

The recall nano:
    This nano allows the meta-physicist to recall a previously anchored member of the team to the anchor point. To be able to do this, the meta-physicist must be close to that anchor point.

Pay attention to that you have to stand close to the anchor point with the mp/engi and when you GET anchored you have to stand close to the mp/engi.

Also, if you break team and the recreate team it won't work, it's fine to move the mp/engi around as long at you stand at the right spot when recalling ppl.

I haven't done any gridquest on any of my toons.
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:21:42.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

I thought he never moved his engi or broke the team? Because... if his engi moved from the anchor spot or he broke the team, having the alt in the garden still wouldn't make it work. But it does.. (This goes for the actual anchoring as well)

Edit 1 : MP and engi in vanya garden teamed. Anchored with engi, did fast recall : You need to select a team member first!, and nothing happened (as expected), then I selected my mp standing in garden, and success, recalled. Went out of garden with mp, reselected him with engi in the team window, and again; success. So no problems with the engi anchoring/recalling. Gonna try with MP now.

Edit 2 : Same scenario but with MP, and same results.

Do you remember to reselect your alt in the teamwindow once he has left the garden ? because if you have him selected in garden and he leaves, he becomes deselected (but reselected once he reenters garden if you haven't selected anything/anyone other on the mp/engi in the meantime)
    Last edited by Jihnna; Jul 29th, 2015 at 14:54:07.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Yes I had the alt selected whenever I cast the recall nano. Tried also clearing and re-selecting after warping etc. No, my engi never moved so much as 1 pixel. Same with MP. The team was not altered in anyway - no one joined or left or d/ced.

Basically I did what I always used to do when I last did all of this years back.

I'll try again tonight with different alt in a different garden. Maybe it's something specific about that alt, or that garden, or that zone.

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union

Right, forgot to reply to this sooner. After more testing it seems like it's Nascence which is messed up. I can warp my alts into the gardens from other SL zones no problem - but not if they are in Nascence.

Nahuatl
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    Silentmotion
    The Union