Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remove duel losses

I wouldnt have anything to do in ao if the deleted duel loose, i accept your opinion thou but i am ageinst it sadly.
    Kinda wish we had solo death and team death score to.

Its not motiviateing me to duel if i wont get a duel loose if i loose, i want to avoid the duel loose so i have to learn my character and do my best.

Quote Originally Posted by Paavalniemi View Post
    We need old title system + solo and team death count too. Could get some negative titles from dying too much (Belzabeth prolly has enough deaths for rank 10 already)
    Whoa, that's a low blow considering he's not even in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Soju View Post
    does anyone else agree with the psychology behind what im asking for?
    It makes perfect sense.

But I think some people feel it's too carebear. But those people simply haven't thought out the value of it. There actually is no reason for it to be shown, it doesn't matter. But then again, what PVP stats do matter?
    In my opinion, the only one that really matters is the one where you're in a close fight and the fight could go either way, but you pull out everything to try to win and the outcome of that fight is the one that matters.

If the imbalances regarding instakills in MB are fixed/addressed, I'd love to see the old system be an option to show in /t

Quote Originally Posted by Soju View Post
    does anyone else agree with the psychology behind what im asking for?
    Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    My memory of the old system is title selling, damage farming, /afking, and cheap PvP in general.
    At least I'm not the only one with good memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Olina View Post
    Appearently you don't know english sayings very well. Anxious means the same as excited in this case. I am sorry to read your language barrier.
    The correct word is actually "eager", not "anxious".
    Last edited by Anarrina; Aug 2nd, 2015 at 19:59:54. Reason: Yes, I'm aware of my non-standard use of quotation mark placement. It's intentional.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Enough with turning this game into Nothing-to-loose Online.

It's more than enough that when you loose a duel, you don't loose points. Well, not just duels, any other PvP score. The "old" PvP system wasn't flawless either but this "new" one is a free-farm, nothing-to-loose system. You kill, kill, kill while having nothing to loose. Except when you duel, you get a duel loss stat.

Having a PvP system that is a "nothing to loose" system pushes the PvP part of the game deep into the ground. PvP, in all games, has always been about what the name actually means: PERSON v PERSON. That's the fun in it, fighting other people. See who's better, see who knows more, see who's more skilled or just plain and simple fight another player. The old system had titles as rewards and recognition with it. This new one has titles and recognition but a lot less of it due to the system being based on "nothing to loose" way.

If you wanna remove the duel losses, then remove all PvP stats. Or add team/solo deaths or add them and make them visible only to the player himself. But please, I beg ya from the bottom of my heart, do not make this game into a nothing-to-loose game even more than it is.
    If you don't like it, quit.
    If you're staying, stop bitching about it and help.
    If you don't wanna help, at least don't hurt it.

Geez really guys? Back in the day to get a dual in you had to bash someone's skull in and send them to reclaim. What's wrong with dual win/loss? The people who respect each other in PvP don't care one bit of your dual losses are equal or worse than your wins.

Also plenty of people don't dual simply because they sontnlike it. I don't dual. I didn't want to dual at any point in time in the last 12 years tbh. I was still very active in PvP. I do have solo kills when no one is around to team and I have team kills from pvping with orgmates or randoms.

It's interesting though people feel PvP is pointless if they can't easily aquire solo kills or something. In another thread people were suggesting to farm solo kills at 150 on your trader before going to tl7. That doesn't make sense to me.
    Last edited by Tinypain; Aug 1st, 2015 at 09:32:34. Reason: Phone sux
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

You two don't seem to get it, or didn't bother reading anything beyond the thread title.

I am unequaled in my ability to weigh in on this issue.

Chocobo "Viralbots" Meteor (220/30, Female Opifex Shade, Clan, General of Lex Noctis)
    Duel losses:20271

Duel losses are meaningless. If it were option, I'd still happily display my duel losses. The fact is, having them BOTHERS lots of players. If this is the thing keeping many people from dueling, then I'd happily see their display be made optional. I like PvP and I like dueling just for the sake of PvPing and dueling. If someone else wants to obfuscate their losses, let them! It doesn't bother - ME - at all. Why should it bother you?
    Raise your hand \o if you want to pay lots of attention to Veebz!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12