Thread: Global Chat

Lightbulb Global Chat

How many times have you asked a question in OOC only to never get a response?
    How many times have you asked for buffs and nobody heard you? How many times did you need a favor but there weren't enough ears to hear your request?

Odds are... there WERE enough people online to help you, you just only ever spoke to 5-7% of them at a time.
    Nobody in shadowlands heard you in borealis.
    The chat bots only work with people who subscribe and are too strict and harsh for an actual conversation.

The game would be smoother, easier and seem less empty if there was a global chat.
    People leave MMOs when chat is empty, they think its a sinking ship.
    People leave when for 3 days they had to spend most of their game time looking for buffs.
    The other day I offered 100m for a wrangle, I was that desperate... and I NEVER GOT IT!
    If enough people hear you - there is always help.
    We need a global chat.

There is global chat on testlive... so technology is there ...

*hint hint* I have no idea why not implement it ingame. No idea whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I am not sure global chat is such a good idea.

If you are in SL you have a reason to be there and I really doubt that if somebody in Borealis ask for buff you would leave whatever you were doing in SL and come back to buff you.
    Maybe I am wrong but I am afraid that one global chat (especially if it was global for all factions) would become very fast full of spam, hate tells, etc.

If you posted to Neutnet or dnet that you WTB wrangle and offering 100m you would have several responses within few seconds because everybody who has a trader would be happy to relog and buff you.

However if such global chat was implemented and I was right that it would quickly become pointless spam channel then 95% of the population would remove it from their chatlist and we would be back in the same position
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Dnet and Neutnet make /r useless.
    Almost every other MMO uses global chat and they don't run into any walls with it. People didn't "all turn off their chat" You can find help easily, and someone will always answer your question. Like in TERA for example.

They could even make it faction exclusive global chat with neut being able to use either if they want.

My cousin, my friends, me and probably even you have all spent time just aimlessly running around shadowlands not really doing anything. People doing that would "generally" come buff you if they at least knew you needed it.

Its easier to deal with spam then it is to deal with the trolls who say "look how dead the chat is! the game is dying!"
    Its easier to deal with spam then it is to deal with getting no help for hours.
    Its easier to deal with spam then it is to run from city to city asking for something only to ever really only talk to half the chats in the game.

This isn't a theory, it works, it exists already in other games and it's great. One downside cant reject 10 upsides of equal significance.

Global Chat sounds good. The game isn't big enough for the spam issues to be too crazy. Games with larger (and more spammy) populations have it and it's still a useful tool for the most part.

Let's make it happen!
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    Global Chat sounds good. The game isn't big enough for the spam issues to be too crazy. Games with larger (and more spammy) populations have it and it's still a useful tool for the most part.

Let's make it happen!
    This

Bump. I usually don't post on the forums, but this is the best suggestion I've seen in a long time.

Keep the faction channels but make them server-wide. Or if that ends up too spammy then maybe one for RK/outzones and one for SL, with all related Instances being included. Do the same with the trade channels.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union